ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL GENO SMITH THREAD****
Hammock Parties 11:11 PM 08-26-2022
The prodigal choco penii has returned!

𝗕𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗚: Geno Smith named Seahawks starting QB for Week 1 by HC Pete Carroll https://t.co/vwDxE0bZGc pic.twitter.com/6LEREqqRFs

— Around The NFL (@AroundTheNFL) August 27, 2022

[Reply]
Fish 10:36 PM 10-30-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Ahhh memory lane. When I wanted Geno to sit behind Alex for 2 years and hit the ground running.

But, who cares? We got Mahomes.
He probably would have shown just barely enough to make us pass on trading up for Mahomes. Glad he was a late bloomer.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:51 PM 10-30-2022
Geno is a legit top-10 NFL QB. Who would've thought. I wonder if he was just a really late bloomer or if they just found a scheme that clicked for him?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:55 PM 10-30-2022
I think people were quick to write him off because he didn't flourish under Offensive Genius *checks notes* Rex Ryan.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 12:15 AM 10-31-2022
Gannon 2.0
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:58 AM 10-31-2022
This thread reminded me of my very first thread I started. Man people got really mad about it.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271543
[Reply]
rico 02:23 AM 10-31-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Ahhh memory lane. When I wanted Geno to sit behind Alex for 2 years and hit the ground running.

But, who cares? We got Mahomes.
Exactly how I feel.

and I gotta say, this “Patrick Mahomes being our QB” thing just couldn’t possibly get any better… I mean, it feels great to now know that being part of the Choco-Penii Train or whatever it was with Geno wasn’t THAT bad of a take after all… and it feels better that we missed out on him for drafting the GOAT in Mahomes a few years later. For sure feels good to not be wrong about Geno though!

Geno>>>Alice!
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:44 AM 11-04-2022

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
MIAdragon 06:26 AM 11-04-2022
1/3/5 won’t be in the same spots at the end of the year.
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:33 AM 11-04-2022
Everybody was happy in the end.

Geno got his career.

Anti-Geno guys got not-Geno

Denver fucking sucks and gets throttled by everybody.

But most importantly, I WAS FUCKING RIGHT
[Reply]
BigBeauford 06:35 AM 11-04-2022
Originally Posted by rico:
Exactly how I feel.

and I gotta say, this “Patrick Mahomes being our QB” thing just couldn’t possibly get any better… I mean, it feels great to now know that being part of the Choco-Penii Train or whatever it was with Geno wasn’t THAT bad of a take after all… and it feels better that we missed out on him for drafting the GOAT in Mahomes a few years later. For sure feels good to not be wrong about Geno though!

Geno>>>Alice!
It feels great to have been correct.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:47 AM 11-04-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The crazy thing is that he's legitimately good now.

This isn't some fluky shit.
That one TD throw he made last weekend was absolutely beautiful. Perfect spiral.
[Reply]
Rasputin 07:05 AM 11-04-2022
Had we drafted him Andy Read would have had Geno balling it out his second to third year and winning playoffs his fourth year.

Patrick Mahomes III could have started his career his rookie year anywhere and would have been great at what he does but on shitty teams and coaches he would be like Matt Stafford only better. He would demand better out of his coaches and GM. He would will his way to win a Super Bowl.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 07:13 AM 11-04-2022
The guy always had all the skills in the world, he was drafted into a shit situation and then bounced from other shit situations to even shittier situations where was basically only getting spot starts for shit bag teams. Who could possibly succeed like that?

He now has a great coach who believes in him and handed him the keys to a pretty decent car, and he's thriving. It's not really that surprising. If he had been drafted here, Reid would have had him rolling into Pro Bowls by his second year.

I'm genuinely happy for the guy, whatever it was that caused his slip on draft day was bullshit to begin with and I'm thrilled too see his perseverance paying off. He's really fun to watch. Hope he gets a fat paycheck, too.
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:11 PM 11-04-2022
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
The guy always had all the skills in the world, he was drafted into a shit situation and then bounced from other shit situations to even shittier situations where was basically only getting spot starts for shit bag teams. Who could possibly succeed like that?

He now has a great coach who believes in him and handed him the keys to a pretty decent car, and he's thriving. It's not really that surprising. If he had been drafted here, Reid would have had him rolling into Pro Bowls by his second year.

I'm genuinely happy for the guy, whatever it was that caused his slip on draft day was bullshit to begin with and I'm thrilled too see his perseverance paying off. He's really fun to watch. Hope he gets a fat paycheck, too.
Everybody says he had a shitty attitude, and I could maybe see it perhaps, but when you're as accurate of a thrower as he was in college (yes, even taking the Air Raid offense into consideration) it doesn't make much sense to say, "Ooof. He looks pouty. Not a franchise QB!"

I know times have changed, and I know Kyler is an incredible runner and has a stronger arm, but damn... like, if body language and pouting is the thing people bitch about when it comes to a QB prospect, I think Kyler might be one of the worst prospects ever. And yet he went #1 overall.

In any case, I think it's fair to say people drastically underestimated Geno's actual resilience and tenacity to never give up. And it's tough, because that's something that can't be demonstrated in just a couple seasons of college football.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:12 PM 11-04-2022
Itz Geno SMITH, not smiff

Put some respect on dat mans name
[Reply]
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
Up