ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Repair chipped tile or not
lewdog 10:16 AM 06-29-2024
We just had a few rooms of our house done in wood look tile, the job was finished yesterday. I need the brain trust of CP to tell me if I should ask them to fix a small chipped tile spot that we found this morning. Yes, it is small as shown in the zoomed out picture, but it is in the middle of the room. If this was in a corner, I would no doubt let it go.

Also given the cost/labor of this tile job, I expected them to not to have a finished product like this where someone clearly noticed and decided to grout the chip instead of fixing it! I am suspecting that something was dropped on it near the end of the project and since this tile was already set, they didn't want to fuck with it.

My concern is asking them to come rip out this tile and repair it could have it looking worse, correct, messing up the surrounding tiles/grout? Should I even bother with this?

[Reply]
Rain Man 05:07 PM 06-30-2024
The chip is doing you a favor. If that floor was perfect, you would be devastated the first time you drop something and chip the tile. Now you don't have to worry about that.

My house is 120 years old and the floors have a whole lot of character. People have dropped spats from the 1920s on it and rifles from World War II on it and early tube television parts on it. 1970s lava lamps have bounced off of it and so has my smartphone. Every chip tells a story.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:30 PM 06-30-2024
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
The chip is doing you a favor. If that floor was perfect, you would be devastated the first time you drop something and chip the tile. Now you don't have to worry about that.

My house is 120 years old and the floors have a whole lot of character. People have dropped spats from the 1920s on it and rifles from World War II on it and early tube television parts on it. 1970s lava lamps have bounced off of it and so has my smartphone. Every chip tells a story.
That's a good point , he's in the beginning phase. I might suggest causing a few more minor damages soon just so the great grand children can say , this is where my great grandfather dropped his shit.. Just a thought, Love you Lewdog!
[Reply]
Boise_Chief 10:57 PM 06-30-2024
It will be fine to have it replaced. That is an install error. Tile setter may have tapped the 2 pieces together. There are 3 chips total between the 2 pieces. When we finish a job we leave extra tile and the rest of the grout with the homeowner.
[Reply]
dlphg9 06:01 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
This is false. Sony is garbage. Samsung makes the best displays. My next house will have a 75 inch Samsung.

Any chipped tiles, I'll just slide a rug over because I'm not a high maintenance whiner.
Lol here you go again talking about shit you absolutely know nothing about. The Sony Bravia X93L is the best TV in its class. You probably bought some shit Walmart Samsung TV, didn't ya?
[Reply]
dlphg9 06:02 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Katipan:
Wow.

That is an awesome post.

I was taking about the banned dipshit lying.

But you have the Sunday you deserve Lewdog.
Originally Posted by lewdog:
My apology, I read that wrong.

You have a nice Sunday as well.
Did y'all have nice Sundays?
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:11 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
I don’t know the first thing about this, but DO NOT REPLACE was an unexpected answer.
Again, a ceramic tile/stone repair kit would easily conceal this small chips. Replacing the tile opens up the possibility for much more visible issues down the road. No one other than the owner would ever notice these chips now, let alone if they were color matched repaired.
[Reply]
notorious 08:18 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Again, a ceramic tile/stone repair kit would easily conceal this small chips. Replacing the tile opens up the possibility for much more visible issues down the road. No one other than the owner would ever notice these chips now, let alone if they were color matched repaired.
Seriously, a dap of paint would have made this disappear before Lew even saw it.
[Reply]
lewdog 10:04 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by notorious:
Seriously, a dap of paint would have made this disappear before Lew even saw it.
Link me to a repair kit for this?
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 11:30 AM Yesterday
www.lemonparty.org
[Reply]
srvy 04:48 PM Yesterday
You can repair tile with epoxy and paint matching. But why? You didn't damage it it was damaged in construction. Replacing a cracked tile isn't rocket science. Just call the contractor, have him look at it, and find out your options before you wait too long.

You may not think it's a big deal but the wife does and noticed it pretty quickly. You will hear about it till that floor is replaced again or you move.

[Reply]
PatMahomesIsGod 05:59 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Lol here you go again talking about shit you absolutely know nothing about. The Sony Bravia X93L is the best TV in its class. You probably bought some shit Walmart Samsung TV, didn't ya?
Pffft.

LG C or better OLEDs are the tits.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 06:02 PM Yesterday
Lot's to choose from but the installer should be able to do it at their costs.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=tile+repa...f=nb_sb_noss_1
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:34 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Got it at Microcenter. Pound sand. Samsung makes the best displays and has for years.
[Reply]
tooge 06:37 PM Yesterday
Have em fix it. You didn’t pay for chipped tile
[Reply]
lewdog 06:38 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by srvy:
You can repair tile with epoxy and paint matching. But why? You didn't damage it it was damaged in construction. Replacing a cracked tile isn't rocket science. Just call the contractor, have him look at it, and find out your options before you wait too long.

You may not think it's a big deal but the wife does and noticed it pretty quickly. You will hear about it till that floor is replaced again or you move.

Lot's to choose from but the installer should be able to do it at their costs.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=tile+repa...f=nb_sb_noss_1
Got a call today from the installer. Coming Wednesday to repair this tile and probably the one next to it. Getting me another full box of tile to have on hand too in case of future repairs. Very pleasant.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Up