ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Trevor Lawrence gets paid
TambaBerry 04:50 PM 06-13-2024
5 years 275, 200 guaranteed
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:11 PM 06-14-2024
Durrrrr whaaaat r dey spossed to dooooo?? Is a terrible argument. This move is dumb as fuck.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:28 PM 06-14-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
Durrrrr whaaaat r dey spossed to dooooo?? Is a terrible argument. This move is dumb as fuck.
Please provide a blueprint that you think is better. Explain whom they should draft and/or sign and how that gives them a better chance of being highly competitive.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:36 PM 06-14-2024
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Please provide a blueprint that you think is better. Explain whom they should draft and/or sign and how that gives them a better chance of being highly competitive.
He can’t bc he knows he’s wrong
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:37 PM 06-14-2024
Reading these comments are cringe AF. How many years do you think the coach and GM would get if they crash out let Lawrence go and go 1-15? Easy to say it's stupid on a message board way different ball game when peoples careers are at stake
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:52 PM 06-14-2024
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
This is clueless: “If it doesn’t work out, oh well, that’s how it goes in the league.” No, that’s absolutely not how it goes. When you have someone with high highs who’s still young and has a high ceiling, you absolutely don’t just move on to some QB you draft in the back half of the first round. Wanna know the percentage success rate of guys drafted at that point or later? Spoiler: it’s not good.

Trevor Lawrence would be the third best QB in Chiefs history. Think that through. Kelce is a HOF TE and he experienced exactly one playoff win before Mahomes showed up.

Just because you think Kelce is worth X and Lawrence is worth Y doesn’t mean that’s how the market is structured. There are supply and demand components and high level QB play is harder to find than elite skill position performance. And that’s why lots of other teams would’ve jumped at matching that deal if given the opportunity.
I'm sure the Giants and to Browns had the same way of thinking in their recent high profile QB signings and we have seen how that turned out.

Lets also look at some cold hard facts:

20-30 record as a starter w 1 playoff win
63.8 career compl %
58 Career TDs
39 INTs

Ranked 23rd Passer Rating last season
15th in TDs
14th compl %
10th in Passing Yds
6th in INTs

To me that's not a resume of a QB who deserves the contract he got. He'll be getting $55 million a year which puts him tied with Burrow for the highest and ahead of guys like Jalen Hurts, Lamaar, and of course - Mahomes for the highest contract in the NFL. Yes it's backloaded contract but it's still ridiculous.

Once again, this is a QB friendly era so I believe finding another good to great QB is easier than it ever has been. We will see how things play out but I don't think this is going to turn out well for the Jags. Hopefully teams start wising up and don't let mid-tier QBs hold them hostage.

Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Reading these comments are cringe AF. How many years do you think the coach and GM would get if they crash out let Lawrence go and go 1-15? Easy to say it's stupid on a message board way different ball game when peoples careers are at stake
Jags wouldn't go 1-15 without Lawrence. He's not that good.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:05 PM 06-14-2024
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
I'm sure the Giants and to Browns had the same way of thinking in their recent high profile QB signings and we have seen how that turned out.

Lets also look at some cold hard facts:

20-30 record as a starter w 1 playoff win
63.8 career compl %
58 Career TDs
39 INTs

Ranked 23rd Passer Rating last season
15th in TDs
14th compl %
10th in Passing Yds
6th in INTs

To me that's not a resume of a QB who deserves the contract he got. He'll be getting $55 million a year which puts him tied with Burrow for the highest and ahead of guys like Jalen Hurts, Lamaar, and of course - Mahomes for the highest contract in the NFL. Yes it's backloaded contract but it's still ridiculous.

Once again, this is a QB friendly era so I believe finding another good to great QB is easier than it ever has been. We will see how things play out but I don't think this is going to turn out well for the Jags. Hopefully teams start wising up and don't let mid-tier QBs hold them hostage.

Jags wouldn't go 1-15 without Lawrence. He's not that good.

Yeah my bad I'm sure 4-13 is much better job security
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 03:29 AM 06-15-2024
They'll all be fired soon anyway after a couple more seasons of Goldylocks Cassel :-) especially with the cap tightening paying that much to a below average QB performance wise. You morons are still caught up in the hype he had coming out. On the field? Meee-d-o-cre

Oh, and other teams giving these types of QBs these contracts is NOT a valid defense. Good for the Chiefs though. Keep paying these clowns.
[Reply]
Bwana 07:56 AM 06-15-2024

[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:55 AM 06-15-2024
Every other team wants what we already have, a Mahomes. It’s so sweet that we get to enjoy this after all those heart breaking losses.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:37 PM 06-15-2024
Lawrence is a QB they can win with. He's not a finished product yet, either. Of course you pay him.
[Reply]
Bump 04:53 PM 06-15-2024
Honestly if these guys are getting what they are getting, Mahomes is probably worth $70 mill because he's at least 1 entire tier above all of the other top paid QBs, probably 2 tiers.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:58 PM 06-15-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Every other team wants what we already have, a Mahomes. It’s so sweet that we get to enjoy this after all those heart breaking losses.

Most of them. Though it's seems pretty obvious at this point that DET, SF, and TB are trying to get to the SB without a Mahomes-type QB. They're going with lesser QBs that are surrounded by a lot of top-tier weapons, a modern offensive scheme and a top-tier defense. Which should be a more realistic way of approaching the problem.
[Reply]
TEX 05:43 PM 06-15-2024
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Most of them. Though it's seems pretty obvious at this point that DET, SF, and TB are trying to get to the SB without a Mahomes-type QB. They're going with lesser QBs that are surrounded by a lot of top-tier weapons, a modern offensive scheme and a top-tier defense. Which should be a more realistic way of approaching the problem.
True, until a team that does it that way runs into Mahomes in the Super Bowl. :-)
[Reply]
TEX 05:44 PM 06-15-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Lawrence is a QB they can win with. He's not a finished product yet, either. Of course you pay him.
I hear ya, but I wouldn't have. I don't even think Lawrence is the best QB in his division anymore. He was quickly replaced as such. That means something.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:47 PM 06-15-2024
Originally Posted by TEX:
True, until a team that does it that way runs into Mahomes in the Super Bowl. :-)

Yeah, basically what people used to say about teams that ran into NE in the playoffs/SB.

It's probably not going to net anyone multiple SB rings, but hell, SF made it to the SB twice with Jimmy G. and Purdy at the helm. They have proof of concept at this point. Just need to not get beat by stupid mistakes and pure bad luck bounces.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
Up