ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 79 of 99
« First < 29697576777879 8081828389 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Mahomes Injury
58-4ever 07:13 PM 10-17-2019
This doesn't look good. All updates here.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:34 AM 10-23-2019
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Hell, we beat NE in NE a few years ago WITH Alex if that team was healthy. No doubt. Lost a bunch of guys in that Wildcard game.
It is also a cautionary tale of what it costed us in the playoffs to rush back Justin Houston and Hali in the regular season only for them to be banged up for the playoffs. Multiple years.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 09:35 AM 10-23-2019
Last night, I had a dream pat was on the sidelines and slipped on the wet ground. Everyone rushed to save him, knocking over two tables and trapping him underneath them.

I thought he was dead.

The next play, he runs the ball 17 yards for a score, and his celebratory dance was miming that he had to screw his kneecap back in place.

I might be a little too obsessed.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:35 AM 10-23-2019
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
This is good news, Sanchez was carted off and actually had some patella tendon damage on Aug. 9, 2008 and practiced a short time later and started on Aug. 30th. He had elective minor surgery to tighten the tendon as a Jet in 2010, but never dislocated again in 2008 or years after.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/2008/...t-serious.html

https://www.newsday.com/sports/footb...knee-1.1738465
Stafford seems like the closest example. He played after 3 weeks braced up and went injury free. But it was 3 weeks which seems to be the magic number we keep hearing.
[Reply]
treeguy27 09:40 AM 10-23-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
The medical staff will tell Reid when mahomes is passable. Just as they did with his ankle even though it's not 100%. I get why we decided to still play him and support that decision. But being cleared to play isn't the same as saying it's the best route. What if the choice was to safely play mahomes at 75% the rest of the way, or wait a week or two to get mahomes to 80-85%. Would you rather a lesser version of playoff mahomes and a playoff bye, or a better version for 3 games. Id much rather the better version.
You live in some kind of fantasy world where sitting him for extra games now but asking him and the rest of the team to play an extra game in the Wildcard round is better. That's some messed up logic. A first round bye will give the whole team extra rest. Play him when it's determined he's ready, not before and not later. Taking a playoff spot for granted and resting him extra time is foolish. There's too many variables and too much potential for other key injuries to just give away a couple of games now.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:44 AM 10-23-2019
Originally Posted by treeguy27:
You live in some kind of fantasy world where sitting him for extra games now but asking him and the rest of the team to play an extra game in the Wildcard round is better. That's some messed up logic. A first round bye will give the whole team extra rest. Play him when it's determined he's ready, not before and not later. Taking a playoff spot for granted and resting him extra time is foolish. There's too many variables and too much potential for other key injuries to just give away a couple of games now.
If the choice is between Mahomes at 75% and a bye, or mahomes at 85% for 3 playoff games, in going the latter (assuming that's the choice). That's not a fantasy world. That's watching the second half of the last few games and realizing how enormously different this team is when pat doesn't have his best stuff.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:49 AM 10-23-2019
Stafford seems like the closest example. He played after 3 weeks braced up and went injury free. But it was 3 weeks which seems to be the magic number we keep hearing.
Stafford missed two games and it was that long due to swelling in the knee. Stafford suffered his on a sack and tried to warm up to go back into the game, which couldn't have helped. I wouldn't be shocked if Mahomes plays Sunday, although it is very unlikely, but I fully expect him to play against the Vikes and would be surprised if he doesn't.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:55 AM 10-23-2019
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Stafford missed two games and it was that long due to swelling in the knee. Stafford suffered his on a sack and tried to warm up to go back into the game, which couldn't have helped. I wouldn't be shocked if Mahomes plays Sunday, although it is very unlikely, but I fully expect him to play against the Vikes and would be surprised if he doesn't.
I'm not set on a rigid timeline. If the doctors don't believe he's at a point where an additional week of rest won't make much of a difference, then play him. But I'm tired of all the garbage that cleared to play is the same thing. If he is cleared to play but would benefit from resting then we actually do have a choice.
[Reply]
KurtCobain 09:55 AM 10-23-2019
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
Just inject some Gorilla Glue in there, stick the patella in place, problem solved. Sheesh. It's not that hard...
Of course.
[Reply]
treeguy27 09:58 AM 10-23-2019
If the choice is between Mahomes at 75% and a bye, or mahomes at 85% for 3 playoff games, in going the latter (assuming that's the choice). That's not a fantasy world. That's watching the second half of the last few games and realizing how enormously different this team is when pat doesn't have his best stuff.
Explain how sitting him for more time than needed right now guarantees your scenario and your percentages. Tell me how you can guarantee potentially giving up a couple of games now won't negatively affect our playoff seeding, or even keep us out. The fact is you can't guarantee anything. So you play Mahomes when he is healthy, not before and not some arbitrary amount of time after he's healthy, to win all the games you can now.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:02 AM 10-23-2019
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:

The next play, he runs the ball 17 yards for a score, and his celebratory dance was miming that he had to screw his kneecap back in place.

I might be a little too obsessed.
He should drop to one knee and have Tardif check that mother out.
[Reply]
underEJ 10:07 AM 10-23-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
He should drop to one knee and have Tardif check that mother out.
LDT could probably use the doctor drill. He said they all just panicked! Gotta get the ice in the veins doc!
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:11 AM 10-23-2019
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I agree with you and he really shouldn't play unless he is close to 100% and his medical team clear him to play. He is the franchise and in only his 2nd year starting. We have seen what happens when a player shouldn't be playing, ie Robert Griffin.
:-)

To even compare this to RG3 shows a complete lack of knowledge of what actually happened with RG3.

Mahomes will likely never be close to 100% half way through any season he ever plays NFL football.

And who determines what "close" to 100% actually is? 90%? 91.3%?

If Mahomes checks out at 90% before the Vikes game does he play in your opinion?
[Reply]
underEJ 10:16 AM 10-23-2019
This whole argument has gotten kind of out of hand, but I have sympathy for the helicopter fans. It's not like we have any experience with cheering for this kind of talent.
[Reply]
Three7s 10:20 AM 10-23-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
:-)

To even compare this to RG3 shows a complete lack of knowledge of what actually happened with RG3.

Mahomes will likely never be close to 100% half way through any season he ever plays NFL football.

And who determines what "close" to 100% actually is? 90%? 91.3%?

If Mahomes checks out at 90% before the Vikes game does he play in your opinion?
For me, if he's able to move around smoothly and throw without any pain in the knee and the doctors all say there's no further increased risk of knocking the kneecap loose again, then he's playing.
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:29 AM 10-23-2019
Originally Posted by Three7s:
For me, if he's able to move around smoothly and throw without any pain in the knee and the doctors all say there's no further increased risk of knocking the kneecap loose again, then he's playing.
It's pretty simple isn't it.
[Reply]
Page 79 of 99
« First < 29697576777879 8081828389 > Last »
Up