ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 79 of 449
« First < 29697576777879 8081828389129179 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Schefter: Jalen Ramsey has asked for a trade
St. Patty's Fire 04:17 PM 09-16-2019
https://twitter.com/adamschefter/sta...813515777?s=21
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:28 PM 09-17-2019

The #Jaguars want a lot in any potential trade for CB Jalen Ramsey, who is going to command a massive contract extension soon and says he’s focused on balling out Thursday night against the #Titans — if he’s there. @nflnetwork pic.twitter.com/Fk0rCYbTgV

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) September 17, 2019

[Reply]
Mecca 12:29 PM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
NO! Absolutely not 10 out of 10 times. The questions are:

1. Is the "elite talent" cheap, or are you paying a premium? If you're trading a 1st for an "elite" talent who is getting, or soon will get, top of the market dollars, then you have given up BOTH a pick AND salary cap space. Maybe that's worth doing, but maybe not.

2. Is the "elite talent" going to fit your scheme, and your team? Both in terms of how much of an upgrade is the guy over your current guys, and how his personality and work ethic will fit in your locker room. You don't just get the talent, you get THE ENTIRE GUY. All the good AND the bad. There's usually a reason the guy is on teh trading block. Other teams dont' drop elite talent for no reason.

3. What is the cost in picks. A 7th? Ok. A 1st? Will it be a low 1st (Pats/Chiefs?) or a high 1st (jets/'pins). More than one pick? How many? What rounds?

So it's nowhere near 10 out of 10 times. It's very situational.

Proven talent > picks. That's true. But there's a definite cost. Picks are the best way to accrue cheap talent you can control for years.
If I was a team that was gonna pick high or the guy was 30 I'd have a way different view.

Like I think the Pitt trade is idiotic because they're probably trading a top 10 pick.
[Reply]
-King- 12:29 PM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Do you want to lose all posting privileges or something?
[Reply]
O.city 12:29 PM 09-17-2019
As Jerry JOnes says though "I don't mind paying a premium when I get premium back"
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:30 PM 09-17-2019
Isn't Terez saying Chiefs have no interest? Whatever he's saying I'll him over anyone else.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 12:30 PM 09-17-2019
If we were interested, why would we tell somebody in the national media? To give another team a chance to swoop in and fuck up the deal?

We would be idiots to tell anybody anything until a deal is done.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 12:30 PM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by carcosa:
IM STILL EDGINGGGGGggg
I'm here for you.
[Reply]
Jerm 12:30 PM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
NO! Absolutely not 10 out of 10 times. The questions are:

1. Is the "elite talent" cheap, or are you paying a premium? If you're trading a 1st for an "elite" talent who is getting, or soon will get, top of the market dollars, then you have given up BOTH a pick AND salary cap space. Maybe that's worth doing, but maybe not.

2. Is the "elite talent" going to fit your scheme, and your team? Both in terms of how much of an upgrade is the guy over your current guys, and how his personality and work ethic will fit in your locker room. You don't just get the talent, you get THE ENTIRE GUY. All the good AND the bad. There's usually a reason the guy is on teh trading block. Other teams dont' drop elite talent for no reason.

3. What is the cost in picks. A 7th? Ok. A 1st? Will it be a low 1st (Pats/Chiefs?) or a high 1st (jets/'pins). More than one pick? How many? What rounds?

So it's nowhere near 10 out of 10 times. It's very situational.

Proven talent > picks. That's true. But there's a definite cost. Picks are the best way to accrue cheap talent you can control for years.
Of course there's factors...I think you knew what I meant.
[Reply]
TLO 12:30 PM 09-17-2019
I say we trade MAHOMO 4 LIFE for a pack of big league chew and some crab cakes to be named later to to PatriotsPlanet.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:30 PM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
Do you want to lose all posting privileges or something?
King pussy please shut the fuck up
[Reply]
Amnorix 12:30 PM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by tk13:
That's football though. Teams that are generally dynasties draft well. There's not really any way around that because there's a salary cap and you need 50 guys on your roster. If you want to build a dynasty around Pat they're going to have to draft good players to fill out the roster behind these mega contracts.

Every team that has sustained success drafts well. That's the game. The only team who didn't was the Broncos and they were a complete aberration because they won with a QB on his last leg who led the league in INT.

You will not win the SB every year. The goal here is to build the best, complete, deep, talented team over the next 12'ish years, which is a reasonable period for Mahomes to be operating at elite levels.

Trading away a bunch of high draft picks will not achieve that goal. A guy like Minkah makes sense -- he's young and still early in his first (cheap) contract. Ramsey is young, which is great, but that contract balloons to $13.7MM next year which is ok but then he's a FA. Is he looking for the most $$$ a CB ever got? Id' like to know that before I trade 2 1sts to get 1.9 years out of a guy who may walk as a free agent, giving me only a 3rd round comp pick in return at most.
[Reply]
-King- 12:30 PM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I mean this in the most sincere way I can, but are you....mentally all there?
:-)
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:31 PM 09-17-2019
He's not even reporting they're not going to do it. He's just stating his own opinion.
[Reply]
Jerm 12:31 PM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Isn't Terez saying Chiefs have no interest? Whatever he's saying I'll him over anyone else.
He's acting weird on this one...last night on his weekly 610 show he sounded like the Chiefs would be right there in it and be a player.
[Reply]
-King- 12:31 PM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
King pussy please shut the fuck up
Guess you do. Keep posting any and everything you see on Twitter. It will expedite the process.
[Reply]
Page 79 of 449
« First < 29697576777879 8081828389129179 > Last »
Up