ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What Lever You Flippin??
Yes 16 14.16%
No 16 14.16%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote Yes 59 52.21%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote No 22 19.47%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll
Page 79 of 114
« First < 29697576777879 8081828389 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Stadium Watch 2024 -Jackson County Residents: How Are You Voting?
Pablo 08:28 AM 03-28-2024
Vote in this poll if you actually live in Jackson county.

We've all shared our opinions in the other thread. But who gives a shit what somebody in Platte County or Johnson County or Phoenix or NYC thinks. We're all just noise.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:13 PM 04-04-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
I do not understand at all "hating" the Arrowhead plan. As a fan, Arrowhead is already awesome. I don't care about luxury suites or whatever other gimmicky crap they add on. The fan experience at Arrowhead is already amazing. Just keep it in tact and stay there. I'm not sure what people wanted to see from their renderings. We just upgraded everything massively like 15 years ago. Restrooms are quick in and out. Concession lines not too bad with lots of options. The seats are the same as they've always been. It's fucking Arrowhead. It needs no improvement.
I don't disagree with your take, but DaFace could be on to something.

Clark gets to go twice a year to those multi-billion-dollar, state of the art stadiums in Vegas and LA and compare it to his own stadium that last had an upgrade 15 years ago. Now that his team has won three of the last five Super Bowls, he's probably rightfully thinking that his team should play in a multibillion-dollar stadium, especially when he has THE player in the NFL on his roster. Does that make them chickenshit for going to the county voters with an awful Royals proposal that they most likely deduced would lose just to leverage Kansas to get what they want (again, allegedly)?

I guess we'll know for sure in the coming months.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 06:15 PM 04-04-2024
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
I wonder if people here who claim they want a dome have ever been to a game in a dome.

I’ve been to the Dome in St Louis and JerryWorld. They suck. They’re big and fancy but watching football indoors is horrible. The lighting and sound is strange and everything feels “off”

Football just looks better played outdoors.

I couldn’t care less about the temperature aspect. It’s an advantage for us on the field and if you can’t stand to go to a game that’s below freezing then stay home and watch it on television.
I agree outdoor teams get an advantage.

But there are plenty of somewhat wealthy typically older fans that can't afford a box but would pay for tickets if it's indoors but otherwise they will watch at home.

Sure you can still sell out games, but you could sell out games for more money if you could reach more fans that would compete for tickets.

But I'm probably not going to make it either way. So I'll happily watch the real fans in the September heat and December cold on TV.
[Reply]
wazu 06:17 PM 04-04-2024
Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan:
Seems to me that the issue was that what they were proposing wasn't worth anything close to 800m. If Clark said the Chiefs were staying at Arrowhead for another 20 years without any major upgrades I don't think people would be upset?
I just haven't heard any upgrades that people actually want. I really don't know what it costs to maintain a facility like Arrowhead, which is like 50 years old, for another 25 years. $800M being available for shit to be rebuilt, have minor upgrades, maybe fix the locker rooms, etc. Doesn't sound that bad to me. Can only imagine what inflation will be over the next 20 years.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 06:17 PM 04-04-2024
Originally Posted by PHOG:
Let's just go all in and have a retractable roof. Then the purists can have outdoor football, and we can also get a Super Bowl. I really think Clark wants this badly. IMHO
If you have a retractable roof, you don't play in the elements when the elements are bad.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:18 PM 04-04-2024
Originally Posted by DRM08:
The dome would be more about lining Clark Hunt's pockets than anything else. Super Bowl, Final Four, concerts in winter (not just summer), and so forth.
Yeah... if they do end up building a new stadium it's almost guaranteed to be a dome.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 06:19 PM 04-04-2024
A new stadium also means that many longtime STH can kiss their tickets goodbye as they won’t be able to afford the PSL and massive price hike that Clark will implement.

Just look at what’s going on in Buffalo. Tons of people who have been STH since the early days of the franchise are being priced out of their seats and have to give up their tickets.

There is nothing about a new stadium that will be good for the common fan like us. We’ll all be priced out for the most part and the Arrowhead atmosphere will be a distant memory. It sure will be nice for the rich folks who want to be seen and Clark’s wallet though.

This all sucks.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 06:19 PM 04-04-2024
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
Sadly Missouri has a bad reputation. Morons run the city and county and they are running everyone off in all aspects.
FYP
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 06:22 PM 04-04-2024
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
A new stadium also means that many longtime STH can kiss their tickets goodbye as they won’t be able to afford the PSL and massive price hike that Clark will implement.

Just look at what’s going on in Buffalo. Tons of people who have been STH since the early days of the franchise are being priced out of their seats and have to give up their tickets.

There is nothing about a new stadium that will be good for the common fan like us. We’ll all be priced out for the most part and the Arrowhead atmosphere will be a distant memory. It sure will be nice for the rich folks who want to be seen and Clark’s wallet though.

This all sucks.
This is what I don't get as Clark gets no credit for the reasonable price of Chiefs season tickets. Most all other venues of PSL's and more expensive prices. Yet people complain on here about him being cheap. You can't have it both ways.
[Reply]
DRM08 06:22 PM 04-04-2024
I do not understand at all "hating" the Arrowhead plan. As a fan, Arrowhead is already awesome. I don't care about luxury suites or whatever other gimmicky crap they add on. The fan experience at Arrowhead is already amazing. Just keep it in tact and stay there. I'm not sure what people wanted to see from their renderings. We just upgraded everything massively like 15 years ago. Restrooms are quick in and out. Concession lines not too bad with lots of options. The seats are the same as they've always been. It's ****ing Arrowhead. It needs no improvement.
$500M of taxpayer money for relatively minor upgrades. There’s a large chunk of the population who don’t care about sports. Even the people who care about sports don’t want taxpayer money to help fund these stadium projects.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 06:22 PM 04-04-2024
I do not understand at all "hating" the Arrowhead plan. As a fan, Arrowhead is already awesome. I don't care about luxury suites or whatever other gimmicky crap they add on. The fan experience at Arrowhead is already amazing. Just keep it in tact and stay there. I'm not sure what people wanted to see from their renderings. We just upgraded everything massively like 15 years ago. Restrooms are quick in and out. Concession lines not too bad with lots of options. The seats are the same as they've always been. It's fucking Arrowhead. It needs no improvement.
I agree with this but, that’s coming from a fan who goes to games for what actually transpires on the field. There are more and more fans who are all caught up in all of the side shit. Look at the all of the downtown Royals stadium advocates - they aren’t talking about the game, they are talking about bars, restaurants and shopping. The casual fan is taking over the scene, and franchise owners are more than happy to accommodate as it ultimately means more luxury suites and over all higher ticket prices.

And higher ticket prices means even fewer die hard fans and more of the casual, there so can say they were there fans. I’ve seen that change taking place at Arrowhead over the past however many years. You have people show up who are spending way too much time on their phones and yelling when we are on offense.

I’ll continue to argue for the old ways but, I know it’s a losing battle; change is coming, to both KC franchises.
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 06:25 PM 04-04-2024
I just haven't heard any upgrades that people actually want. I really don't know what it costs to maintain a facility like Arrowhead, which is like 50 years old, for another 25 years. $800M being available for shit to be rebuilt, have minor upgrades, maybe fix the locker rooms, etc. Doesn't sound that bad to me. Can only imagine what inflation will be over the next 20 years.
I assume this 800m would be in addition to any ongoing maintenance costs. But fair point that down the line maybe 800m isn't as much as it sounds.

If I was a Jackson County resident I think I would've leant towards voting Yes just with the hope that the team won't leave the county. In my opinion the Chiefs had the leverage from the beginning (not just since the No result) given they're in the middle of a dynasty.

Being a fan from abroad though I'm not too concerned as long as they stay in the region and retain the name and branding. Would be sad to see the team leave Arrowhead but it'll happen eventually.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 06:53 PM 04-04-2024
Originally Posted by DRM08:
$500M of taxpayer money for relatively minor upgrades. There’s a large chunk of the population who don’t care about sports. Even the people who care about sports don’t want taxpayer money to help fund these stadium projects.
Yet were defending crossroads which benefits from a .5 cent sales tax...
[Reply]
BWillie 06:56 PM 04-04-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Rent is normally calculated as one percent of the property value. So a home that is valued at $120,000 would rent for $1200.
Not fair!
[Reply]
Mecca 06:58 PM 04-04-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
This is what I don't get as Clark gets no credit for the reasonable price of Chiefs season tickets. Most all other venues of PSL's and more expensive prices. Yet people complain on here about him being cheap. You can't have it both ways.

Some quick googling USA today says the Chiefs have the second highest average ticket price at 578 dollars.
. business insider has them 7th in season ticket prices.

Take that for what you will if it's reasonable or not.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:05 PM 04-04-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Some quick googling USA today says the Chiefs have the second highest average ticket price at 578 dollars.
. business insider has them 7th in season ticket prices.

Take that for what you will if it's reasonable or not.
Yes, but they have no Personal Seat License. The PSL's in the league range between 15k and 50k a seat. Figure than into your pricing.
[Reply]
Page 79 of 114
« First < 29697576777879 8081828389 > Last »
Up