ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 784 of 2698
« First < 284684734774780781782783784 78578678778879483488412841784 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
BossChief 10:55 PM 06-05-2018
Mahomes LITERALLY has every single tool you would ever hope a QB has to be the face of a franchise.

It’s like he has absolutely no flaws, as a prospect in his situation.
[Reply]
Coogs 06:18 AM 06-06-2018
There is an article in the Star this morning that says the Vegas over/under on TD passes thrown by Mahomes this season is 21.5.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:25 AM 06-06-2018
Originally Posted by Coogs:
There is an article in the Star this morning that says the Vegas over/under on TD passes thrown by Mahomes this season is 21.5.
Bet the over. He's going over 30 I bet.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:36 AM 06-06-2018
Should be easy money if he plays all 16 games.
[Reply]
milkman 08:56 AM 06-06-2018
Originally Posted by beach tribe:
This...

Farvre catches a lot of shit from fans, and he did make some terrible decisions over the years, but he was undoubtedly one of the top 5 QBs of all time.

Also, the comparisons that should be made should be based on Talent and ability alone.
Mahommes is a humble young man.
Farve is a guy who's explanation for why he attempted throws was: "because I can"

People will see the same kind of plays being made by Mahommes in college and determine that he plays with same mind set, but Mahommes played that way because it was the only way his team had any shot to win, on account of his defense allowing points on nearly every possession.

I think we will still see this kind of thing resurface early in his career but he will not be arrogant about it and will work to clean it up.

I think he has the tools, intelligence and character to be one of the best of all time, but there are so many variables that only time will tell.
Top 5

Montana
Unitas
Brady
Elway
Marino

Though I can't even begin to imagine what Unitas and Marino would do in the modern NFL.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:32 AM 06-06-2018
Originally Posted by Best22:
Mahomes is outwardly humble, but I think he has the same confidence or "swagger" as Favre

Difference is when Favre first came into the league, he was a huge partier who weighed 250, while Mahomes was a "sponge" who wanted to learn everything he could
Mahome definitely has the "Farve" element of "Because I can", the difference between the two is that I think Ried is going to be able to influence Mahomes from the start........

People need to understand WHY Mahomes has been compared to Farve. It's because of throws like this....

Let me break down why this throw is "Special"
- He is running to his LEFT
- He throws ACROSS his body
- He throws it OFF his back foot and unbalanced (didn't step into it)
- He throws it from the (44) yard line to about (7) yard deep into the end zone....... THAT IS A 51 YARD ****ING THROW

He literally threw this ball "BECAUSE HE COULD"
[Reply]
bowener 09:56 AM 06-06-2018
Originally Posted by Warrick:
Carr is GAF with that eyeliner, he has obviously dropped the soap too many times on purpose after games.
IDGAF about Carr, and think he is currently overrated, but he isn't wearing makeup. I'm not sure if you are being serious or not, though. He just has a crazy stupid amount of eyelashes. His brother does too, but he has less creepy looking eyes.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 09:58 AM 06-06-2018
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Mahome definitely has the "Farve" element of "Because I can", the difference between the two is that I think Ried is going to be able to influence Mahomes from the start........

People need to understand WHY Mahomes has been compared to Farve. It's because of throws like this....

- He throws it from the (44) yard line to about (7) yard deep into the end zone....... THAT IS A 51 YARD ****ING THROW

During Gruden's one-on-one with Mahomes prior to the draft, Gruden showed this play multiple times to Mahomes and basically said: This throw is one of the best I've ever seen. You were showing off a little when you did this, weren't you? c'mon be honest, you were showing off a little

Mahomes him & hawed for a couple of minutes and said : Yes, sir.
[Reply]
Shaid 11:23 AM 06-06-2018

Now I agree with this completely. It's the type of throws he CAN make that is why we see the Favre comparisons. He adlibs and pulls some crazy throws out of his ass and it works.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:34 AM 06-06-2018
Originally Posted by milkman:
Top 5

Montana
Unitas
Brady
Elway
Marino

Though I can't even begin to imagine what Unitas and Marino would do in the modern NFL.
Among your five, I would say...

Montana is #1. Agreed.
Marino is #2. We're pretty close.
Unitas is #3. We're sympatico.
Steve Young is #4.
Tom Brady is #5, even though there's been significant cheating there.

Peyton Manning is close, but he was a Bronco at the end.

I currently list Elway as #293 all time.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:50 AM 06-06-2018

OMG. Where's my bookie!
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:52 AM 06-06-2018
I thought this would be fun to Catalog what Patrick Mahomes gets to work with in with Stats/Video (Have time to kill at work before meeting)I apologize for videos "Music Choice".................

Travis Kelce

Sammy Watkins

Tyreek Hill

Kareem Hunt

So for those who are keeping count...........

(Whole Group Together)

Receiving Yards = 9,183

Touch Downs = 77

Average Yard Per Catch = 12.57

Yards Per Game = 298.9

Awards

Pro-Bowls = 6

1st Team All-Pro = 2

2nd Team All-Pro = 1

PFWA All-Rookie Team = 2

NFL Rushing Champ = 1

Please keep in mind this whole groups average age is 24.5

And they only have 11 Seasons in the NFL if you add them all together!

Super Excited to see this young core together for as long as possible!

Awesome stuff.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:54 AM 06-06-2018

Amazing.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:20 PM 06-06-2018
You're smoking crack if you think Favre weighed 250 coming out of college.

Like...what?

[Reply]
Best22 12:28 PM 06-06-2018
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
You're smoking crack if you think Favre weighed 250 coming out of college.

Like...what?

He said himself, he got fat one summer

(Granted, he did have serious surgery due to car accident which led to weight gain)
[Reply]
Page 784 of 2698
« First < 284684734774780781782783784 78578678778879483488412841784 > Last »
Up