Page 783 of 4909
« First < 283683733773779780781782783 78478578678779383388312831783 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
raybec 4 04:16 PM 03-28-2017
Originally Posted by TEX:
:-) RiiiiiIIIIIGHT! As the wind blows in a certain direction - so do you. it's much safer that way. :-)
MHM has said from the jump he wanted no part of Romo.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 04:37 PM 03-28-2017
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
All true... I've never been a fan of his and I'm not suggesting he's not a good QB. But, he's older and broken. Yes, Manning was broken, but there was a hope he could return to his former self... let's say Romo can do that, I'm not sure I'm still interested. And, it's honestly the 3 broken collarbones and his desire to scramble that turn me off from the idea.

He's too old and too brittle to expect too much unless they totally revamp the OL and nail all of their moves. And, that's a stretch at this point. Not worth the risk or money.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 04:43 PM 03-28-2017
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
This is correct. I recall MHM stating from day one that he did not support the idea.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:47 PM 03-30-2017
https://www.google.com/amp/milehighs...repayment/amp/

Broncos lose 4.5m in cap space -immediately- to repay loan to league.

They only have about 9m in cap space left after rookie pool.

--------

It's pretty awesome to watch Dorsey work. He keeps almost every single free agent he can, proactively re-signs his own picks who have produced for him and maxes out the cap each year by doing so.

He's pretty much exactly who we all hoped he would be and the guy we all wanted through the Peterson/Pioli years.

It's fun to watch Denver implode in the post Manning era.

The parts of that championship defense have almost all left or are getting past ripe in their careers.
Gone:
Trevathan
Williams
Ware
Jackson

Getting old
Ward
Talib

Lost Wade Phillips

A new coach who is completely green.

Gonna be a really fun rivalry going forward.

Especially if KC gets a better QB.
[Reply]
New World Order 12:14 AM 03-31-2017
Not sure which is worse: Elway's awful drafts or hiring 3 coaches in 6 years
[Reply]
New World Order 02:24 AM 03-31-2017
I forgot to also mention cheating in the post above.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 07:51 AM 03-31-2017
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Not sure which is worse: Elway's awful drafts or hiring 3 coaches in 6 years
Wretched actually... I can't believe they let the guy still participate in the league.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 07:59 AM 03-31-2017
Originally Posted by BossChief:
https://www.google.com/amp/milehighs...repayment/amp/

Broncos lose 4.5m in cap space -immediately- to repay loan to league.

They only have about 9m in cap space left after rookie pool.

--------

It's pretty awesome to watch Dorsey work. He keeps almost every single free agent he can, proactively re-signs his own picks who have produced for him and maxes out the cap each year by doing so.

He's pretty much exactly who we all hoped he would be and the guy we all wanted through the Peterson/Pioli years.

It's fun to watch Denver implode in the post Manning era.

The parts of that championship defense have almost all left or are getting past ripe in their careers.
Gone:
Trevathan
Williams
Ware
Jackson

Getting old
Ward
Talib

Lost Wade Phillips

A new coach who is completely green.

Gonna be a really fun rivalry going forward.

Especially if KC gets a better QB.
Denver is imploding... really? That's interesting, as while they're not as stellar as their last two SB teams, they're not that far from being able to still win the division. Say whatever you want about 2016, that was definitely an adjustment year.

If Denver falls and hovers around .500 in 2017, sure you can talk about them being in dire straits, but this can still be a 10+ win team and compete for the division. All things continue to run through NE and as you pointed out, as long as Alex is KC's QB... it's all up for grabs.

Home opponents: Kansas City Chiefs, Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, Cincinnati Bengals.

Away opponents: Kansas City Chiefs, Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, Indianapolis Colts.

I like the way it sets up with those bolded teams playing in Denver, and I think the road games are about as good as you could hope for in 2017.

Splits in the division wouldn't shock me, across the board. It will be interesting to see how the schedule plays out... but @ Bills, @ Dolphins, @ Eagles, @ Skins ... I like those game. Not sure how to view the Colts really.

Patriots, Giants, Cowboys and Bengals - all in Denver, much better than meeting those teams on the road.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 09:00 AM 03-31-2017
I don't know how to grade out the Donks next year, due to all the coaching changes. I don't see any way that the defense doesn't take a step back with Wade gone. The offensive line needed to make major improvements, and that hasn't happened. I expect to see Trevor get benched for Lynch at some point in the year. Whether that be in the preseason, or mid season. Teams have tape on him now. That already had it's effect last season. After a hot start, the offense absolutely stunk once teams had a few games of tape on him. That trend will continue and the Semen era will be over. Lynch will have a similar hot start like Semen did, but the end result will be the same. Neither quarterback is the answer. Frankly, if Dungver finishes above 6-10, I'll be surprised. But, as I said at the beginning, the coaching changes are the key. If the new coaches live up to KnowShit's expectations (not likely lol) then maybe the Donks will be better than I expect. But right now, I don't see them being good in 2017.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:13 AM 03-31-2017
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I don't know how to grade out the Donks next year, due to all the coaching changes. I don't see any way that the defense doesn't take a step back with Wade gone. The offensive line needed to make major improvements, and that hasn't happened. I expect to see Trevor get benched for Lynch at some point in the year. Whether that be in the preseason, or mid season. Teams have tape on him now. That already had it's effect last season. After a hot start, the offense absolutely stunk once teams had a few games of tape on him. That trend will continue and the Semen era will be over. Lynch will have a similar hot start like Semen did, but the end result will be the same. Neither quarterback is the answer. Frankly, if Dungver finishes above 6-10, I'll be surprised. But, as I said at the beginning, the coaching changes are the key. If the new coaches live up to KnowShit's expectations (not likely lol) then maybe the Donks will be better than I expect. But right now, I don't see them being good in 2017.
Well, they'll figure out the QB item pretty quickly. That's why they brought in Musgrave to work with McCoy. Lynch fits the style they will play much better than Siemian, so while it's Trevor's job to lose... the style may push Lynch over the top, unless he's just completely brain dead. And, despite the majority opinion here, I don't think he's brain dead - he just wasn't a fit for the style last year and he has a lot to learn.

OL, consistency in the ground game... those things hurt the offense. Lack of a solid TE, didn't help. Janovich being healthy could be nice, the kid looked good before he got hurt.

Defensively, I don't think they're going to have this dramatic fall just because Wade left or Ware retired. Players gotta play and they have a lot of talent and strong players on defense. They're still a top tier defense, no doubt in my mind.

Special teams needs huge improvement... that's always been the case.

Offensively, we'll see how it goes - lots of questions marks for sure. Surprising to be better than 6 wins? I think that's a stretch and wishful thinking. 12 wins and total dominance, same thing...

I see them as a likely 10 win team, and will depend on whether or not KC and OAK can build upon their 2016 success.

What has KC done to improve their lot in life for 2017 and improve the areas that hurt them in 2017? 11, 9, 11, 12 - that's the wins in Andy's first 4 seasons... does he fall back a few? I dunno, but maintaining 12 is a tall order.

Splits in the division won't be surprising in 2017 and they have 3 really tough road locations, not to mention PIT coming to KC.

Home
Buffalo
Miami
Philadelphia
Washington
Pittsburgh

Away
New England
NY Jets
Dallas
NY Giants
Houston
[Reply]
New World Order 10:26 AM 03-31-2017
I don't really think it matters where KC plays
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:27 AM 03-31-2017
Originally Posted by New World Order:
I don't really think it matters where KC plays
They're just that good, eh?
[Reply]
vailpass 10:29 AM 03-31-2017
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Denver is imploding... really? That's interesting, as while they're not as stellar as their last two SB teams, they're not that far from being able to still win the division. Say whatever you want about 2016, that was definitely an adjustment year.

If Denver falls and hovers around .500 in 2017, sure you can talk about them being in dire straits, but this can still be a 10+ win team and compete for the division. All things continue to run through NE and as you pointed out, as long as Alex is KC's QB... it's all up for grabs.

Home opponents: Kansas City Chiefs, Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, Cincinnati Bengals.

Away opponents: Kansas City Chiefs, Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, Indianapolis Colts.

I like the way it sets up with those bolded teams playing in Denver, and I think the road games are about as good as you could hope for in 2017.

Splits in the division wouldn't shock me, across the board. It will be interesting to see how the schedule plays out... but @ Bills, @ Dolphins, @ Eagles, @ Skins ... I like those game. Not sure how to view the Colts really.

Patriots, Giants, Cowboys and Bengals - all in Denver, much better than meeting those teams on the road.
If only Denver could run their team like Dorsey.

[Reply]
New World Order 10:42 AM 03-31-2017
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
They're just that good, eh?

No.

6-2 both home and away last year
[Reply]
RunKC 11:43 AM 03-31-2017
Originally Posted by vailpass:
If only Denver could run their team like Dorsey.

Give KC, HOU, or even PIT Peyton Manning and they go to the SB.

Not that hard to win when you luck into an top 5 QB ever.
[Reply]
Page 783 of 4909
« First < 283683733773779780781782783 78478578678779383388312831783 > Last »
Up