ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 78 of 140
« First < 28687475767778 7980818288128 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark to KC!
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:30 AM 04-23-2019

Sources: The #Seahawks and #Chiefs are deep in talks on a trade to send star Frank Clark to KC. The compensation would include a 1st rounder, a 2020 2nd rounder and a swap of mid-rounders. To complete it, the franchise tagged player and Chiefs must hammer out a deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 06:01 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Keep in mind people we get to keep the better of our 2 2nd round picks next year and if we have another kick ass season the one we lose is basically a 3rd rounder.

So in essence we gave up a damn near 2nd rounder a damn near 3rd rounder and improved our 3rd round slot this year and 2nd round slot next year with the Ford trade and the Clark trade.

Think about that.
And people here want Veach fired...
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 06:01 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
He's upset because he's not getting paid. Why would that change?
Just let a man dream for a minute or two, capiche??
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:04 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Breeland
Matthieu
Clark
Okafor
Ogbah

That’s a tidy little offseason haul in anyone’s book, a nice little “draft” all by it’s self
Farzin’s speculative defense

RDE: Frank Clark
RDT: Chris Jones
LDT: Derrick Nnadi
LDE: Emmanuel Ogbah (unless Alex Okafor converts to the left side)

SLB: Damien Wilson
MLB: Reggie Ragland (or DOD?)
WLB: Anthony Hitchens

CB: Bashaud Breeland, Kendall Fuller
FS: Tyrann Mathieu
SS: Dan Sorensen
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:04 PM 04-23-2019
Here's what I love about this deal.

Some of y'all may remember I was all in on Flowers in Free Agency. The reason? Productive player, well rounded, and YOUNG. STILL IMPROVING.

Well, Clark is BETTER. And yeah, still 25, and STILL IMPROVING.

This is not a 'stop-gap' move, which honestly, is what I thought they'd do. This is a throw-your-chips-in go for it move. And it doesn't fuck you in the long run. We're still in decent cap shape. We still have to draft well, but that's always true, no matter what.

But this is a move not to create a 'decent' defense. A 'good enough' defense. This is a move to a kick-the-shit-out-of-you defense.

We're a corner, maybe a LB away from being a top tier unit. After as bad as we were last year, that's huge.

I thought we had middling talent last year, and i still say that's true; but a lame scheme and shit coaching made it historically bad.

I'm pumped. Let's get a ring. Then another. Then another. Let's fucking three-peat.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:07 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Farzin’s speculative defense

RDE: Frank Clark
RDT: Chris Jones
LDT: Derrick Nnadi
LDE: Emmanuel Ogbah (unless Alex Okafor converts to the left side)

SLB: Damien Wilson
MLB: Reggie Ragland (or DOD?)
WLB: Anthony Hitchens

CB: Bashaud Breeland, Kendall Fuller
FS: Tyrann Mathieu
SS: Dan Sorensen
On the line, Daly's history is to move guys around a LOT. Like constantly. It creates confusion and match-up problems for the line. As you watch Clark's tape, you'll see him on the left, on the right, inside, as an actual off-ball linebacker, all over the place.

I would expect that these guys will be anywhere and everywhere on any given play.
[Reply]
Halfcan 06:09 PM 04-23-2019
Frank Clark eats nuclear waste for breakfast and farts clouds of radiation. He is the destroyer of worlds. Not even the Avengers can stop him.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 06:10 PM 04-23-2019
Why was KK stupid self saying we also swaped 2nds with Seattle? Was that in the deal?
[Reply]
Hoover 06:10 PM 04-23-2019
I think people would be more excited if his name wasn’t fucking Frank Clark....

Hard to get excited about a dude with that name
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:10 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Drafturbators have a sick obsession with not wanting to trade draft picks.

There is no one the Chiefs were realistically going to draft with the 29th pick who would have the same immediate impact that Frank Clark will have next season.
I'll bet the little snark cunt does it next year too. ANYTHING to keep from having to prove his mettle with a full draft board.
Fuck, he can hardly swing with ONE guy on the phone much less multiple teams lighting his ass up. Yep, all those lights start flashing and down comes the piss from his 'Shazam' Underoos to the floor.
[Reply]
prhom 06:10 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
On the line, Daly's history is to move guys around a LOT. Like constantly. It creates confusion and match-up problems for the line. As you watch Clark's tape, you'll see him on the left, on the right, inside, as an actual off-ball linebacker, all over the place.

I would expect that these guys will be anywhere and everywhere on any given play.
Oddly enough, I'm kind of excited to see how this new defense plays this year. Last year it was time to get another beer from the fridge or take a piss when defense was on the field. Things may be different this time!
[Reply]
ROYC75 06:11 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Keep in mind people we get to keep the better of our 2 2nd round picks next year and if we have another kick ass season the one we lose is basically a 3rd rounder.

So in essence we gave up a damn near 2nd rounder a damn near 3rd rounder and improved our 3rd round slot this year and 2nd round slot next year with the Ford trade and the Clark trade.

Think about that.
OK, I just found out we did this and I WAS READY TO BLOW A DAMN GASKET!:-) WTF, WHY NOT MOVE UP IN THE DRAFT AGAIN?

So without really thinking on this I cautiously took a little time to read up, I ran across your take on this. :-) You have a solid argument, the kicker is how much money did we have to give up and for how long.

OK, I need to read up some more.

One thing for sure, Son of a Bitch our D is going to look a hell of a lot different next year!

Question is, How much different and will it be enough?

We may not have a Defense, but a defense is better than an efense! :-)
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 06:14 PM 04-23-2019
Here's what I love about this deal.

Some of y'all may remember I was all in on Flowers in Free Agency. The reason? Productive player, well rounded, and YOUNG. STILL IMPROVING.

Well, Clark is BETTER. And yeah, still 25, and STILL IMPROVING.

This is not a 'stop-gap' move, which honestly, is what I thought they'd do. This is a throw-your-chips-in go for it move. And it doesn't **** you in the long run. We're still in decent cap shape. We still have to draft well, but that's always true, no matter what.

But this is a move not to create a 'decent' defense. A 'good enough' defense. This is a move to a kick-the-shit-out-of-you defense.

We're a corner, maybe a LB away from being a top tier unit. After as bad as we were last year, that's huge.

I thought we had middling talent last year, and i still say that's true; but a lame scheme and shit coaching made it historically bad.

I'm pumped. Let's get a ring. Then another. Then another. Let's ****ing three-peat.
It is the best of both worlds... a move that is consistent with the Chiefs win now/Super Bowl or bust mindset, but also a move that should have a long term shelf life with a 25 year old player just entering the prime of his career.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:15 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Hoover:
I think people would be more excited if his name wasn’t ****ing Frank Clark....

Watch footage of him literally throwing LT's at QB's for strip-sacks and that goes away.
[Reply]
BlackOp 06:15 PM 04-23-2019

Having a last second Scanderick CB and bringing back Parker..plus the Amerson fail. Berry sitting on his $14 million dollar ass didn't help. Watts getting hurt..

Yeah KC is in better shape this season....add in the most important factor, Sutton is gone.

Draft a FS, CB and TE...or center/LB.
[Reply]
ROYC75 06:15 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Hoover:
I think people would be more excited if his name wasn’t fucking Frank Clark....

Should be better than a Crank Far(t)k.
[Reply]
Page 78 of 140
« First < 28687475767778 7980818288128 > Last »
Up