ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 78 of 366
« First < 28687475767778 7980818288128178 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Car and Gearhead Thread***
BigRedChief 12:29 PM 03-17-2015
Seems like we need one on here to talk cars, mods and the coolness of your or their car.

Interested? Chime in
[Reply]
hometeam 01:46 PM 06-26-2015
If your losing traction that doesn't mean it has too much power.

It means you need more traction :P
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:53 PM 06-26-2015
Originally Posted by hometeam:
If your losing traction that doesn't mean it has too much power.

It means you need more traction :P
I can change the settings to what ever I want. I can independently set the suspension, transmission, traction, power etc. to whatever I feel like at the time. Both times I had the suspension and traction set to the loosest setting to play around with laying rubber.

I learned that I need to improve my driving skills before setting the car settings to "drifter" and putting my foot into the 485HP.:-)
[Reply]
Dunit35 02:28 PM 06-26-2015
Originally Posted by mac459:
Here is the new hot rod
Nice, when my student loans are gone, I'm getting one. I like the four door looks myself.
[Reply]
hometeam 02:32 PM 06-26-2015
I have never been a huge fan of a computer telling my car how to retain traction, suspension etc. Im sure its cool to play with it, but I guess I like the raw feeling of the road and car telling me what I need to do.

I DID let my fiance drive my 10 second TA around, and was thankful for the traction control then LOL

Current TA has no assist of any kind except ABS. I prefer it~

Why dont you take a driving course? You could spend money on parts and upgrades yada yada yada to infinity, but that same money in some driving lessons might be way more helpful, not to mention safer (controlled) and tons of fun~ Hell, some of them let you use your own car!
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 03:51 PM 06-26-2015
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
:-) Love that color. Nice ride!:-)
Thank you kind sir..love it so far
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 03:54 PM 06-26-2015
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
Nice, when my student loans are gone, I'm getting one. I like the four door looks myself.
Thanks..I like it a lot..it is fun to drive around..being in small towns with lots of backroads in between towns it is a blast

I like the 4 door too..I just got a good deal on this one and I didn't feel like dropping that much money yet..so in about 5 years or so I am going to get a 4 door and upgrade it
[Reply]
morphius 04:29 PM 06-26-2015
I have never been a huge fan of a computer telling my car how to retain traction, suspension etc. Im sure its cool to play with it, but I guess I like the raw feeling of the road and car telling me what I need to do.

I DID let my fiance drive my 10 second TA around, and was thankful for the traction control then LOL

Current TA has no assist of any kind except ABS. I prefer it~

Why dont you take a driving course? You could spend money on parts and upgrades yada yada yada to infinity, but that same money in some driving lessons might be way more helpful, not to mention safer (controlled) and tons of fun~ Hell, some of them let you use your own car!
I know the hellcat and srt both come with a driving class, I'd be surprised to hear that the Skat pack doesn't.
[Reply]
lewdog 04:54 PM 06-26-2015
I can change the settings to what ever I want. I can independently set the suspension, transmission, traction, power etc. to whatever I feel like at the time. Both times I had the suspension and traction set to the loosest setting to play around with laying rubber.

I learned that I need to improve my driving skills before setting the car settings to "drifter" and putting my foot into the 485HP.:-)
Why was I under the impression that the SRT has 485HP and the Scat Pack 392? What am I confusing?
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:21 PM 06-26-2015
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Why was I under the impression that the SRT has 485HP and the Scat Pack 392? What am I confusing?
It's a scat pack 392.

As in the engine is a 6.4 L, or 392 cubic inch.
[Reply]
lewdog 05:28 PM 06-26-2015
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
It's a scat pack 392.

Ah gotcha. I didn't think my small brain had that right.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:01 PM 06-26-2015
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
It's a scat pack 392.

Yeah most people don't understand cubic inches. But they at least grasp horsepower. I'm going with 485 HULK for the personalized plate. Most of the other owners are going with variations or including 392.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:06 PM 06-26-2015
Originally Posted by morphius:
I know the hellcat and srt both come with a driving class, I'd be surprised to hear that the Skat pack doesn't.
Color yourself surprised.:-)
[Reply]
hometeam 08:34 PM 06-26-2015
Yeah most people don't understand cubic inches. But they at least grasp horsepower. I'm going with 485 HULK for the personalized plate. Most of the other owners are going with variations or including 392.
Horsepower can be misleading too :P

If im talking to people that dont know as much about cars, I will try and give crank HP. If im talking to car guys, I give wheel HP~ Not to mention, different kinds of dynos, calibrations, sea level.. on and on.

I figure my T/A is somewhere real close to your 485 crank HP mark, which translates roughly to 430 wheel horse. Need to get this thing on a dyno soon.

Any plans to dyno your car?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:59 PM 06-26-2015
Horsepower can be misleading too :P

If im talking to people that dont know as much about cars, I will try and give crank HP. If im talking to car guys, I give wheel HP~ Not to mention, different kinds of dynos, calibrations, sea level.. on and on.

I figure my T/A is somewhere real close to your 485 crank HP mark, which translates roughly to 430 wheel horse. Need to get this thing on a dyno soon.

Any plans to dyno your car?
Not sure. People have told me to wait to at least 2-3000 miles to get it good and broken in before spending the money on a Dyno. BS or not?

Plus I have no one recommend me one yet. Pinging MIAdragon?
[Reply]
hometeam 09:01 PM 06-26-2015
Not sure. People have told me to wait to at least 2-3000 miles to get it good and broken in before spending the money on a Dyno. BS or not?

Plus I have no one recommend me one yet. Pinging MIAdragon?
Ah it wouldn't hurt, but it really doesn't matter on modern engines.

Dyno time is pretty cheap just to see what you make. If it breaks, it was a POS to begin with and dont say shit about the dyno and just take it to the dealer LOL
[Reply]
Page 78 of 366
« First < 28687475767778 7980818288128178 > Last »
Up