ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 78 of 136
« First < 28687475767778 7980818288128 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official Golf Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:08 PM 02-07-2015
The original Bushwood thread is overflowing like Craig Stadler's FUPA.

Use this thread to discuss tournaments, swing thoughts, equipment, and golf deals.

I thought we could also use the OP to create a WITB for ChiefsPlanet members. I'll list a poster's name and put their sticks in a spoiler tag, so you can see what everyone is carrying.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 06:52 PM 07-10-2016
Rolled an 89 from the whites; six holes par or better. Was also starved and hung over as fuck from some friendly bar patrons and tenders giving me free drinks the 12 hours prior. Literally woke up Saturday morning feeling like John Daly
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:52 PM 07-10-2016
I just spent an hour hitting bunker shots to come to one conclusion: I suck at hitting bunker shots.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:03 PM 07-10-2016
I went to Top Golf last night. I really have never golfed in my life outside of hitting some ball across the river when I was in high school. Haven't swung a club since then. We found out my wife's boss' son was a golf pro there. He came over and gave my a free 1 hour lesson. Was able to start driving the ball 150-200 yards and fairly consistent straight near the end of the session.

I live in Phoenix and everyone here says I should be golfing at least occasionally as the valley is loaded with courses. Not really sure where I go from here if I wanted to attempt playing. Pay for a few more lessons? Just go out and play a short course? Start hitting the driving range every week, which I found out is located conveniently .5 miles from my house (link below)? Looks like a fairly cool place.

http://www.valleygolfcenteraz.com/
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:17 PM 07-10-2016
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I went to Top Golf last night. I really have never golfed in my life outside of hitting some ball across the river when I was in high school. Haven't swung a club since then. We found out my wife's boss' son was a golf pro there. He came over and gave my a free 1 hour lesson. Was able to start driving the ball 150-200 yards and fairly consistent straight near the end of the session.

I live in Phoenix and everyone here says I should be golfing at least occasionally as the valley is loaded with courses. Not really sure where I go from here if I wanted to attempt playing. Pay for a few more lessons? Just go out and play a short course? Start hitting the driving range every week, which I found out is located conveniently .5 miles from my house (link below)? Looks like a fairly cool place.

The best way to learn how to play is to learn from the green back.

Learn to putt, then chip, then pitch, hit half wedges, and then progress to full shots.

It will teach you the importance of the scoring shots while also showing you how all shots share common movements.

Most people do the exact opposite and start hacking away with a driver when they first begin, which does nothing but ingrain bad habits.

Ideally, you wouldn't even hit a full shot this year.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:17 PM 07-10-2016

Almost every gold course has a Pro that can give you lessons. Take them, they'll save a lot of grief.

As for should you play? In the AZ? Oh hell yes!!! Low humidity means good golf! And get a push cart, it's the best way to golf IMO... And invest in a Garmin golf watch. Refurbished = cheap, and when you have a push cart and know how far you hit a ball (if you miss the fairway), you can walk straight online with where you hit it, and know when to start looking. My Garmin gold watch has paid for itself in found golf balls.

Take your smoker with you and dump it into one of the ponds. That way you can LOL every time you walk buy it.
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:18 PM 07-10-2016
Originally Posted by O.city:
Stroke play club championship in the books. Shot 70 73, finishing at 1 under for the weekend. Got me the 1 seed so now gotta match play it out. But it was nice to win the stroke play champ.
Holy shit! That is great play. I have only broken 80 once in my life. Congrats, from a professional duffer
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:22 PM 07-10-2016

Oh, and watch this informational video (instructions start at around :40)...

NOT SAFE FOR WORK!! Language!!!

[Reply]
lewdog 09:27 PM 07-10-2016
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:

Learn to putt, then chip, then pitch, hit half wedges, and then progress to full shots.

It will teach you the importance of the scoring shots while also showing you how all shots share common movements.

Most people do the exact opposite and start hacking away with a driver when they first begin, which does nothing but ingrain bad habits.

I understand what you're saying. I would have to complete all of that at the driving range though, right? I don't really have anywhere to practice that at home.

That just seems like not a lot of fun progressing that way though. lol
[Reply]
lewdog 09:28 PM 07-10-2016
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Almost every gold course has a Pro that can give you lessons. Take them, they'll save a lot of grief.

As for should you play? In the AZ? Oh hell yes!!! Low humidity means good golf! And get a push cart, it's the best way to golf IMO... And invest in a Garmin golf watch. Refurbished = cheap, and when you have a push cart and know how far you hit a ball (if you miss the fairway), you can walk straight online with where you hit it, and know when to start looking. My Garmin gold watch has paid for itself in found golf balls.

Take your smoker with you and dump it into one of the ponds. That way you can LOL every time you walk buy it.
I will keep all of this in mind. You can get some cheap green fees here during the summer. Friend just said he played one of the nicest courses in town for $17 the other day.

LOL at the smoker comment.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:43 PM 07-10-2016
I understand what you're saying. I would have to complete all of that at the driving range though, right? I don't really have anywhere to practice that at home.

That just seems like not a lot of fun progressing that way though. lol
You can do almost all of that at any public course, for free.
[Reply]
scho63 04:10 AM 07-11-2016
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Oh, and watch this informational video (instructions start at around :40)...

NOT SAFE FOR WORK!! Language!!!

ONE OF HIS BEST SKITS EVER! POS REP SENT! :-)
[Reply]
scho63 04:14 AM 07-11-2016
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:

Great advice. :-):-):-):-)

Amateurs add 85% of their shots from 100 yards in. You improve your short game and putting, then your score comes down quickly. The only other big waster of shots for amateurs is trying to hit a once-in-a-lifetime shot all the time from deep in the woods, over a lot of water to a small green, or sky a shot over a tree.

[Reply]
philfree 07:55 AM 07-11-2016
Originally Posted by O.city:
Stroke play club championship in the books. Shot 70 73, finishing at 1 under for the weekend. Got me the 1 seed so now gotta match play it out. But it was nice to win the stroke play champ.
Congratulations!:-) I used to know who all the good golfers were around Springfield but I'm way out of touch these days. Have they played the SGA yet? You playing in that? Sounds like you would have a chance to win the City Championship. Good Luck!
[Reply]
seaofred 02:23 PM 07-11-2016
I need help. I keep going through drivers. I've had (3) drivers break where the shaft enters the club head. (2) were Taylormade's and (1) was a Cobra. I do not get mad and hit in on the ground (Learned not to due that, but folding an 8 iron over a tree limb). The 1st Taylormade made it about 6 rounds of golf, the 2nd busted on the second hit. The Cobra made it the last 1-1/2. Is it a possibility, that my swing is causing it? I do have a very fast swing speed of 110+ mph.
[Reply]
O.city 02:25 PM 07-11-2016
Originally Posted by philfree:
Congratulations!:-) I used to know who all the good golfers were around Springfield but I'm way out of touch these days. Have they played the SGA yet? You playing in that? Sounds like you would have a chance to win the City Championship. Good Luck!
No, I don't think I will. Im not sure when it I'd fwiw
[Reply]
Page 78 of 136
« First < 28687475767778 7980818288128 > Last »
Up