ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 78 of 335
« First < 28687475767778 7980818288128178 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
keg in kc 01:10 PM 12-28-2015
Her portrayal of Cersei is still one of my least favorite aspects of the series. She's made all kinds of character choices that basically equal an attempt to make the character relatable, sympathetic and perhaps even redeemable, which book Cersei is not. At all. Book Cersei is a villain, in every sense of the word. She's not a victim in any sense of the word. She's despicable. Evil. Out for number one. And that makes everything that happens to her seem so much more cathartic for the readers. It's about a bad person finally getting both what she deserves and what she has earned, not just from the kingdom but from her family. I think Headey has done the character a disservice, and the show is a bit weaker for it. Fortunately they've gotten so much else right...
[Reply]
Dallas Chief 01:17 PM 12-28-2015
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Her portrayal of Cersei is still one of my least favorite aspects of the series. She's made all kinds of character choices that basically equal an attempt to make the character relatable, sympathetic and perhaps even redeemable, which book Cersei is not. At all. Book Cersei is a villain, in every sense of the word. She's not a victim in any sense of the word. She's despicable. Evil. Out for number one. And that makes everything that happens to her seem so much more cathartic for the readers. It's about a bad person finally getting both what she deserves and what she has earned, not just from the kingdom but from her family. I think Headey has done the character a disservice, and the show is a bit weaker for it. Fortunately they've gotten so much else right...
Jesus. It made me really sad to read that. You need to get out more.
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:27 PM 12-28-2015
Originally Posted by Dallas Chief:
If you want sad, think about this: you're posting in the spoiler thread for the tv version of a 15-year old fantasy book series on a bulletin board frequented primarily by middle-aged guys. It's like a whole symphony of sadness. A song of icy hot and side fire ultrasound.
[Reply]
BigRichard 02:06 PM 12-28-2015
Originally Posted by Dallas Chief:
I don't necessarily blame her so much as the director/writers but he is correct in a lot of his assessment. In the books she is pretty much the most hated character. She is dumb, she is ruthless, she is evil. In the show they try to make her likable for some reason. And that could have to do, in part, with how she is playing her.
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:28 PM 12-28-2015
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
I don't necessarily blame her so much as the director/writers but he is correct in a lot of his assessment. In the books she is pretty much the most hated character. She is dumb, she is ruthless, she is evil. In the show they try to make her likable for some reason. And that could have to do, in part, with how she is playing her.
She had a tremendous amount of input/freedom, according to a number of interviews I've seen. Hence my pointing the finger more at her than at the producers.
[Reply]
vailpass 04:28 PM 12-28-2015
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I saw Lena Heady at The Grove on Christmas Eve. She was absolutely gorgeous and I don't say that about many Hollywooders.

Her hair was nearly shoulder length, dyed red with highlights. She had her baby and current boyfriend with her.

Stunning, guys.
Did she ask about me? Did our baby seem happy?
[Reply]
Hawk 05:53 PM 12-28-2015
I agree, show Cersei is a little more sympathetic than book Cersei. Now don't get me wrong, neither is very sympathetic. But they have made her a little more likable on the show which is unfortunate. Aside from just her portrayal, part of it also has to do with minor subplots that exist in the books but not on the show and which help to cement her evilness. For example, her dumb plot to kill Bronn which backfires, and all the people she gives to Qyburn to "use" for his work on Gregor, etc. Plus in the books you actually get in her head and so you can see more easily what a dumb and evil bitch she is.

Not sure why this discussion makes the other poster sad, I have seen this discussed in multiple places on the internet and it has been a major criticism of the show by many avid book fans. If he just means it is sad that we are discussing the books and show in that much detail, then GTFO of this thread, we're trying to have a discussion here.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:02 PM 12-28-2015
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Did she ask about me? Did our baby seem happy?
:-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:06 PM 12-28-2015
Originally Posted by listopencil:
In a show with a lot of really good performances she stood out. She actually made me see her as ugly because she portrayed a person who was so ugly on the inside so well. It was a shock to me to see her in normal pics, smiling and being normal, and to see how pretty she really is.
She was beautiful in person, Dude. Her skin was flawless and she didn't look a day over 32, so I was shocked to find out that she is actually 42 years old.
[Reply]
eDave 06:17 PM 12-28-2015
She's acting the part as written. Blame her?
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:51 PM 12-28-2015
Originally Posted by eDave:
She's acting the part as written. Blame her?
I'm saying she's had influence over how the part is written.
[Reply]
BigRichard 09:55 PM 12-28-2015
She had a tremendous amount of input/freedom, according to a number of interviews I've seen. Hence my pointing the finger more at her than at the producers.
I could see that and if so fuck her.
[Reply]
Dallas Chief 07:54 AM 12-29-2015
Originally Posted by Hawk:
I agree, show Cersei is a little more sympathetic than book Cersei. Now don't get me wrong, neither is very sympathetic. But they have made her a little more likable on the show which is unfortunate. Aside from just her portrayal, part of it also has to do with minor subplots that exist in the books but not on the show and which help to cement her evilness. For example, her dumb plot to kill Bronn which backfires, and all the people she gives to Qyburn to "use" for his work on Gregor, etc. Plus in the books you actually get in her head and so you can see more easily what a dumb and evil bitch she is.

Not sure why this discussion makes the other poster sad, I have seen this discussed in multiple places on the internet and it has been a major criticism of the show by many avid book fans. If he just means it is sad that we are discussing the books and show in that much detail, then GTFO of this thread, we're trying to have a discussion here.
Not at all. Love the books and the discussion. It's just nit-picky BS for a great show. I mean sorry the level of her depravity wasn't exactly in step with the books, because so much else is 100% spot on :-)
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 09:30 AM 12-29-2015
While I can appreciate the truth that Cersei may be more sympathetic/likable than in books, I still find her plenty enough despicable for that not to matter.

Watched some of the 1st season yet again, and yeah, that whole stretch about her life and marriage to Rob Baratheon showed a bit of why her heart hardened.

Still enjoy any misery that falls her way.. so at least to the non-book-reading fan.. she's playing her role well.
[Reply]
JakeLV 12:41 PM 12-29-2015
Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks:
While I can appreciate the truth that Cersei may be more sympathetic/likable than in books, I still find her plenty enough despicable for that not to matter.

Watched some of the 1st season yet again, and yeah, that whole stretch about her life and marriage to Rob Baratheon showed a bit of why her heart hardened.

Still enjoy any misery that falls her way.. so at least to the non-book-reading fan.. she's playing her role well.
I actually appreciate a little depth and humanity.

Mad King would be the worst character on the show. He would be little more than a plot device and couldn't be developed.

I enjoyed her Penance Walk, and I don't think anybody felt terrible for Cersei as she did it.
[Reply]
Page 78 of 335
« First < 28687475767778 7980818288128178 > Last »
Up