ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 78 of 324
« First < 28687475767778 7980818288128178 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
O.city 09:15 AM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I agree with this.

Only trade up if you’ve got a Derwin James like situation where someone is falling way too far to pass up on.
I'd trade up for a pass rusher or a QB.

With where the Chiefs are right now, they need quality and quantity. I wouldn't trade up unless there were an absolute game changing guy there and with this current draft class, I don't know about that when you're getting that late in the draft.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:16 AM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
the guys at RGR Football speculate they'll just release Ford AND Houston - I guess we'll know something within about 4 weeks or so.

Don't shoot the messenger

I haven't watched the video so they might not have said it like this but if Veach just outright loses Ford and Houston without getting anything in return it'd be about time to start looking for a new GM.
[Reply]
O.city 09:17 AM 01-28-2019
If you had 4 picks in the top say, 60 picks, you could come out with a starting CB, a starting ILB, you're starting C, and a safety/DL/TE.

They aren't all likely to hit, but damn that's some cheap potential talent infusion.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:18 AM 01-28-2019
Do we swap our original intentions (most likely)
and actually draft a CB prior to Safety, since Nelson will most likely be gone?
[Reply]
Lzen 09:18 AM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Ideally, this what I think-
Bye Berry, $9m savings.
Bye Ford, tag and trade net #2, $15m
Restructure Houston's deal, convert chunk to bonus, etc. try to get it down to something like $13m cap hit. $8m savings.
That's an extra $30 m.
Houston plays RDE next to Jones. Both with a single blocker in front of them, as the 4-3 dictates.
Sign S Landon Collins for $15 m per.
Sign SAM Anthony Barr for $10m
Front 7 looks pretty tight, S is no longer a glaring weakness.
Draft CB's and a DE/EDGE to rotate with Houston and take that spot in a year or two.
I like this. :-)
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:19 AM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I haven't watched the video so they might not have said it like this but if Veach just outright loses Ford and Houston without getting anything in return it'd be about time to start looking for a new GM.

Why?

You save a shit load in cap - what if they tag Ford and can't find a trade partner - what then? look for a new GM?
[Reply]
O.city 09:20 AM 01-28-2019
Why?

You save a shit load in cap - what if they tag Ford and can't find a trade partner - what then? look for a new GM?
It's great to have cap space for sure, but you've still got to fill those spots with players once you cut these guys. And those guys have a lot of potential value.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:22 AM 01-28-2019
Why?

The league is desperate for pass rushers, and most of the FAs this year won't hit the market. There is absolutely no way a team wouldn't throw at least a 3rd our way.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:23 AM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
It's great to have cap space for sure, but you've still got to fill those spots with players once you cut these guys. And those guys have a lot of potential value.
I don't think it's very likely if they tag Ford that they'd be unable to find a trade partner - just playing devil's advocate. I admit I don't know a lot about this process - but they're saying that there's a possibility we just release both Houston and Ford.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:23 AM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Collins wouldn't be an albatross, is 26, with his prime right in front of you.

You need some veteran playmakers, you can't just go all rookies and 2nd year guys if you're this close to a SB.
Collins is actually 25. :-)
[Reply]
Hoover 09:23 AM 01-28-2019
I do NOT want to extend Houston. The cap savings this year just isn't worth it if you ask me.

Let Houston play out 2019, then walk away basically unharmed. The last thing we need is another Hali situation causing us grief.

I think the difficult question is whether or not to tag Ford. Man if you can tag and trade, then great. If not, we become very draft dependent on the defensive rebuild.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:25 AM 01-28-2019
Yeah I’m out on doing extensions for Houston or anyone who looks like a year to year player at this point. That will just fuck the future cap up.

Either take a pay cut, leave the contract as is, or release him.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:26 AM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by tmax63:
I agree EB should be gone. I was a big supporter of his but over the last 2 years the Chiefs have lost every game he's played in.
I agree with this. I have grown tired of the EB drama. Just cut our losses and move on, please.
[Reply]
O.city 09:26 AM 01-28-2019
Why is everyone so high on Landon Collins? Didn't we learn our lesson on paying a box safety that much?

Look around at the safety market the last couple offseasons. Don't go pay some crazy amount when you can find some good ones for peanuts.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:27 AM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by Hoover:
I do NOT want to extend Houston. The cap savings this year just isn't worth it if you ask me.

Let Houston play out 2019, then walk away basically unharmed. The last thing we need is another Hali situation causing us grief.

I think the difficult question is whether or not to tag Ford. Man if you can tag and trade, then great. If not, we become very draft dependent on the defensive rebuild.
That is how it should be.
[Reply]
Page 78 of 324
« First < 28687475767778 7980818288128178 > Last »
Up