ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 78 of 110
« First < 28687475767778 7980818288 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Shooting at the parade
Otter 01:53 PM 02-14-2024

Just like #ChiefsKingdom has always been there for me and my family, we want to be there for them.❤️

The @Chiefs have launched #KCStrong, an emergency response fund supporting victims and their families, violence prevention and mental health services, and first responders.… pic.twitter.com/sYMnPgCWL0

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) February 16, 2024

Friendly mod reminder, this thread is about yesterday's shooting. Not about gun control, gun laws, politics, or anything of that nature. If you need everyone to know what's wrong in this world and how you'd fix it, grab your megaphone and soapbox and take it to DC, thanks.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 03:56 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Fans and players were drunk at a Super Bowl parade?

No ****ing way...
Like I said, I think he's off base with those comments, because that's what the parade has been so he shouldn't act naive and surprised that it wasn't a good look to your kids. What I found interesting was this:

Originally Posted by :
Our experience took a dark turn at the intersection of Persing and Main Street at Union Station. Chaos ensued, with no apparent order as we found ourselves amidst a crowd that seemed to lack any semblance of organization. To make matters worse, my wife was hit
in the head by a rock, an act of aggression that left me seething with anger. The desire to retaliate was strong, but I refrained, considering the safety of my children who were with me.
My frustration grew as I observed the absence of police officers in the vicinity, despite the escalating chaos. Grown men were climbing light poles and street posts, engaging in destructive behavior. The atmosphere was tense, and I felt a growing sense of unease.
Even before the parade started, I witnessed young adults vandalizing the area, pulling signs off crosswalk posts. I was the lone voice to confront them, highlighting the absolute chaos that seemed to have taken over the event.
The lack of law enforcement presence became even more apparent when a man near me fainted, and there was no EMS in sight. Drawing on my military experience, I provided first aid, but the incident served as a stark reminder of the lack of safety measures in place.
Again, Jesse Palmer was hit with a rock or something at the start of their broadcast on the NFL Network. It seems like it was a shitshow that close to the stage and that's seems strange.
[Reply]
wutamess 03:56 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
The below is a facebook post by someone in Iowa that traveled to the parade. They are going on WHO statewide radio for an interview today. Interesting comments as I was surprised yesterday when watching that Jesse Palmer was hit in the head when the parade coverage was just starting. The comments bring up the fact that Chiefs were drunk and it wasn't a good look for his young kids, but he should have known that is what these parades have become. However, the rest is pretty valid.
That is so dumb! It's a fuggin celebration! People are SUPPOSED to get drunk and celebrate. Boo-fuggin-hoo! there wasn't an EMT on both sides of every half block to chaperone the crowd.

His daughters favorite Chiefs player just spent from July to February bringing her a championship and finally gets to let loose and he's drunk while celebrating with his fans. Oh the horror! :-)

Keep your complaining ass at home. Glad they're safe, but don't come to the next one!

Sorry but it's like the pussification of our kids/society is in full effect.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:59 PM 02-15-2024
Confirms himself he was confronting multiple people then gets shocked Pikachu syndrome when his wife is clocked in the head with an object. The self aggrandizing is strong with this one.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 04:01 PM 02-15-2024
One reason I don’t really watch the parade and certainly have no desire to attend is the players just getting completely drunk. Call me a prude or whatever but not exactly the kind of thing I find worthy of celebration and encouragement.
[Reply]
DaFace 04:03 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
One reason I don’t really watch the parade and certainly have no desire to attend is the players just getting completely drunk. Call me a prude or whatever but not exactly the kind of thing I find worthy of celebration and encouragement.
I don't have any issue at all with the drinking aspect, but even I think it's largely a sloppy shit show. I don't blame anyone who decides it's just not their cup of tea (or Hennessy).
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 04:06 PM 02-15-2024
When someone says, “Drawing on my military experience.”

They are fucking idiots and feel some sort of entitlement or special recognition because they served. Outside of here I never talk about my military career, I really don’t talk about it all too much here. Making posts on social media drawing attention to it, is pathetic and typically a “Karen” thing
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 04:08 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Confirms himself he was confronting multiple people then gets shocked Pikachu syndrome when his wife is clocked in the head with an object. The self aggrandizing is strong with this one.
AGAIN, it collobarates that it was not an ideal situation that close to the stage. It also is somewhat validated with Jesse Palmer getting hit in the back of the head with an object. So to be clear, it's alright for someone to clock your wife in the back of the head if you are trying to stop vandalism? Nice...
[Reply]
Frazod 04:10 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

How does a wedding ring fall off?
Mine fell off on the interstate while I had my arm/hand out the window a couple of years ago. Apparently the only parts of me that haven't gotten fatter over the years are my fingers.
[Reply]
sedated 04:10 PM 02-15-2024
Juveniles involved in the shooting will be charged as adults, per prosecutors office (heard on radio)
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 04:13 PM 02-15-2024
"Even before the parade started, I witnessed young adults vandalizing the area, pulling signs off crosswalk posts. I was the lone voice to confront them, highlighting the absolute chaos that seemed to have taken over the event."

You are very stupid individual
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:13 PM 02-15-2024
AGAIN, it collobarates that it was not an ideal situation that close to the stage. It also is somewhat validated with Jesse Palmer getting hit in the back of the head with an object. So to be clear, it's alright for someone to clock your wife in the back of the head if you are trying to stop vandalism? Nice...
No. It's fucking horrible that it happened to her. But he's a fucking idiot for putting her and his children in that situation. Observes that there's no police presence around to de-escalate while assholes do asshole things, so instead of quickly shuffling his wife and kids away from the potentially dangerous situation he starts confronting them. That's fucking idiotic.
[Reply]
nychief 04:16 PM 02-15-2024
The below is a facebook post by someone in Iowa that traveled to the parade. They are going on WHO statewide radio for an interview today. Interesting comments as I was surprised yesterday when watching that Jesse Palmer was hit in the head when the parade coverage was just starting. The comments bring up the fact that Chiefs were drunk and it wasn't a good look for his young kids, but he should have known that is what these parades have become. However, the rest is pretty valid.
Wow. This post reads like a bad yelp review. ONE STAR.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 04:18 PM 02-15-2024
You have to be the most sheltered and/or naive person alive to think that a crowd of a million packed into a small area, celebrating a championship - with alcohol involved - is gonna be all ice cream and rainbows.

I've been to one of these things in my life (Blues) and I'd never do it again, much less bring along a 4 and 8 year old.
[Reply]
dirk digler 04:19 PM 02-15-2024
If you watch any parade won by a championship team the players are all drinking and partying. This isn't unique to KC.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 04:21 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
No. It's ****ing horrible that it happened to her. But he's a ****ing idiot for putting her and his children in that situation. Observes that there's no police presence around to de-escalate while assholes do asshole things, so instead of quickly shuffling his wife and kids away from the potentially dangerous situation he starts confronting them. That's ****ing idiotic.
Maybe in KC, but see, if you are from a smaller town and you see someone vandalizing many would confront them so it stops. I get this doesn't happen anymore in big cities, in fact it doesn't sound like even the cops try to stop this in big city... That's a big part of the problem.

Again, this close to the action it seems their would be more control with over 900 officers present. You don't find it weird Jesse Palmer got clocked in the head as well?
[Reply]
Page 78 of 110
« First < 28687475767778 7980818288 > Last »
Up