Page 774 of 4911
« First < 274674724764770771772773774 77577677777878482487412741774 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
TEX 08:03 AM 03-18-2017
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Heh... in regards to the Romo comment, I would still love to see one solid example of any wrong doing.
:-) :-) Exhibit A

B, C, & D soon to follow after plenty of evidence turns up. And it will...
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 08:28 AM 03-18-2017
Originally Posted by :
Does Jerry Jones want to keep Tony Romo from playing in Houston?

As far as the NFL’s alignment of franchises is concerned, the Cowboys and Texans aren’t rivals. As far as the people living in Dallas and Houston are concerned, they are. And that reality could be one of the reasons for the decision of Cowboys owner Jerry Jones to slam the brakes on the plan to release Romo.

From the moment the news emerged that Romo would be released (the post-hoc spin is that he was only told he won’t be on the roster in 2017), the reaction among the Dallas media was swift and intense and it became clear that the release wouldn’t be the end of a new era of Romo-centric coverage in the Dallas area but the beginning.

So spin it forward. Romo exits Dallas and lands in Houston. And then every outlet in Dallas assigns at least one reporter to cover Romo’s year(s) in Houston, forcing America’s Team to share eyeballs and ears in its own hometown with the other team from Texas.

Spin it even farther forward. The Texans surge with a healthy Romo, becoming one of the best teams in the AFC. The Cowboys, defense drained by free agency and offense undermined by possible sophomore slumps of Dak Prescott and/or Ezekiel Elliott, regress to the mean. Cowboys fans would be tempted to set aside their silver and blue for the balance of the year and become temporary fans of Romo and the Texans.

That wouldn’t be good for business. And Jerry Jones is all about making good business decisions.

Couldn’t his concerns be handled via the wink-nod “do-right” approach that the team and the player are supposed to be adopting? This would require Jones to ask Romo not to play for the Texans. And there’s a good chance that request eventually would make its way to the media. Which would prove that Jones is worried about a Houston uprising diluting Dallas interest in the Cowboys.

For Jones, creating the impression that he actually cares about the Texans becoming more popular in Dallas and more successful overall could be worse than either thing happening. So he has instead squatted on Romo, waiting for a trade offer that may never materialize, and perhaps hoping an offer never comes from Houston.

I’ve believed for the last week that Jones hopes an offer will be made to him at the upcoming league meetings in Arizona. The truth could be that Jones plans in Phoenix to make a team like the Broncos a low-ball, face-saving offer that gets the Cowboys some marginal value for Romo — and that ensures he’ll never play for the Houston Texans.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ng-in-houston/

:-)
[Reply]
jjchieffan 08:42 AM 03-18-2017
Come on MHM. Don't be so obtuse. The Donks have been linked to Romo from the first whispers of him being available. Where do you think tat talk goes back to? Add in the photo op. Do you really believe that there was no discussion whatsoever between Romo and ElFraud about the possibility of Romo going to Dungver? Get real! You and I both know that there is no way it didn't happen. Proving it could be difficult, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. Furthermore, the Donks are now refusing to trade anything for him. That is very likely because they already have something worked out with Romo the minute that he is released. You watch and see. As soon as he is released, Romo will fly straight to Dungver and sign.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 08:58 AM 03-18-2017
The only reason the Chiefs got docked a pick or two was because the Eagles wanted the Chiefs punished and provided some form of evidence.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:18 AM 03-18-2017
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Come on MHM. Don't be so obtuse. The Donks have been linked to Romo from the first whispers of him being available. Where do you think tat talk goes back to? Add in the photo op. Do you really believe that there was no discussion whatsoever between Romo and ElFraud about the possibility of Romo going to Dungver? Get real! You and I both know that there is no way it didn't happen. Proving it could be difficult, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. Furthermore, the Donks are now refusing to trade anything for him. That is very likely because they already have something worked out with Romo the minute that he is released. You watch and see. As soon as he is released, Romo will fly straight to Dungver and sign.
Again, this picture of the two of them with some other person at an in-season gala during the Conference championship games. That's really all you've got, right?

And, obtuse? Please ... if there's tampering, hit them with a fine - stop the move from happening, seriously - I don't want Romo in Denver.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:37 AM 03-18-2017
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
The only reason the Chiefs got docked a pick or two was because the Eagles wanted the Chiefs punished and provided some form of evidence.
How clueless are you? Just stop posting, turd.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 09:39 AM 03-18-2017
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
How clueless are you? Just stop posting, turd.
That's what happened. Joe Banner and Andrew Brandt mentioned it in passing in one of their podcasts.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 09:55 AM 03-18-2017
Again, this picture of the two of them with some other person at an in-season gala during the Conference championship games. That's really all you've got, right?

And, obtuse? Please ... if there's tampering, hit them with a fine - stop the move from happening, seriously - I don't want Romo in Denver.
Where there's smoke, there's bound to be fire. There is way too much reason to suspect tampering for anyone to dismiss it as quickly as you Donk homers do. But, that's typical for all of you Donk fans. Your team is the cheatingest team in all of sports history and you guys just deny everything.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 09:59 AM 03-18-2017

Nah, I would rather see the Donks wind up getting Romo, get busted for tampering and lose a 1st round pick for it, then see him have a season ending injury week 1. But of course we know that the Donks get away with cheating and even gifted Superbowls, so of that will never happen. But it would be nice if just once those cheating pricks would get what's coming to them.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:17 AM 03-18-2017
Where there's smoke, there's bound to be fire. There is way too much reason to suspect tampering for anyone to dismiss it as quickly as you Donk homers do. But, that's typical for all of you Donk fans. Your team is the cheatingest team in all of sports history and you guys just deny everything.
Where is the smoke?
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:20 AM 03-18-2017
Where is the smoke?
I suspect there's a lot of smoke in Aqib Talib's car.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:28 AM 03-18-2017
Probably...
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:16 PM 03-18-2017
Perhaps the Chiefs should get better at cheating? Then, they could actually play the game instead of bitching about getting shafted by the league.
[Reply]
TEX 12:39 PM 03-18-2017
Where is the smoke?
You're talking about "data." So, you're part of said smoke. So, you tell me.
[Reply]
TEX 12:41 PM 03-18-2017
Exactly my point. Nice and tidy for the Cheating Donx yet again. Imagine that...:-)
[Reply]
Page 774 of 4911
« First < 274674724764770771772773774 77577677777878482487412741774 > Last »
Up