ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 77 of 319
« First < 27677374757677 7879808187127177 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:33 AM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The difference between Phillips and Dickerson is that Phillips hasn’t had injury issues for some time and got through the season completely healthy.
It's a concussion history though, it can crop up at literally any time. It's a compounding residual injury.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:34 AM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Love Humphrey, but wouldn't go Center at #31 I don't think.

Also love Meinerz. I'd be skeptical of his tape (which is hilarious) but he ate guys up at the Senior Bowl too.

On the other hand....

locking in a C, and your interior line is pretty much fixed. That's hard to argue with.
I disagree completely. Reiter has been fine/good at C. Our guards have been pretty bad. Right now, though, good tackle play is paramount.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:34 AM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
I know what they played. It doesn't matter. A MLB who's the main signal caller should play more than half the plays in any defense/formation.

But like I said, replacing him isn't a priority so it's not something they have to worry about this off season unless someone amazing drops or something. (I don't know shit about college football other than the stars so I don't know if there's any "amazing" LBs)
He's not the main signal caller in every sub package though, that was my point.

I guess you could make a case that a better player might fit across more sub packages but like you said, they have other priorities.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:35 AM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I disagree completely. Reiter has been fine/good at C. Our guards have been pretty bad. Right now, though, good tackle play is paramount.
Reiter is a FA and I’m not paying him a ton of money to come back.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:35 AM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's a concussion history though, it can crop up at literally any time. It's a compounding residual injury.
I get it, but I’m not overly concerned about it because like I said it’s been some time and there were no issues whatsoever this year.

If it weren’t an issue he’d be a top 15 pick.

If you want that kind of value at 31 it’s going to come with some risk. Dickerson I won’t gamble on. Phillips I will.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:35 AM 02-16-2021
So is Okwara an UFA?

10 sacks last year. Seems like a scheme fit.

Could be an ascending player who will earn more money than he’s actually paid, the ideal FA signing.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:36 AM 02-16-2021
The problem is that guard seems like the least likely position to get address with actual "new" blood.

With the Schwartz and Fisher injuries and Reiter's pending FA, you need bodies there at the very least.

At guard, they have Rankin, LDT, Aligretti, and even Wiley as a RFA. It isn't ideal but I just don't see them spending on guard when the tackles and center have such big question marks.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:37 AM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
So is Okwara an UFA?

Could be an ascending player who will earn more money than he’s actually paid, the ideal FA signing.
Yeah, his contract had a void clause in it that kicked in last Friday.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:37 AM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
So is Okwara an UFA?

Unless they choose to franchise him....then yes.

And Spags has experience working with him.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:38 AM 02-16-2021
I think Reiter's crap. It's not an accident that we haven't been able to run since Morse left. He's below average.

He's also a free agent, and not worth paying big bucks too.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:39 AM 02-16-2021
Of course it’s also hard to see a 26-year old who just had 10 sacks going for cheap.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:39 AM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Reiter's crap.

He's also a free agent, and not worth paying big bucks too.
If he's "crap", he isn't getting "big bucks" from ANYONE and would be back on a minimum deal, no?
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:40 AM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Unless they choose to franchise him....then yes.

And Spags has experience working with him.
Can they do that? His contract voided for 2021. He's already a free agent.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:41 AM 02-16-2021
If he's "crap", he isn't getting "big bucks" from ANYONE and would be back on a minimum deal, no?
While I don't think he's crap, I don't think he's top shelf either and reports are that he could get over $10M AAV in the free agent market. If that's the case, I don't want him back. That's too much money.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:43 AM 02-16-2021
People are writing that he'll get a $11m per deal.

I wouldn't pay him $2m, and if we enter 2021 with him as the starter I would call that a major fail.

He's just not very good, I don't care what PFF says.
[Reply]
Page 77 of 319
« First < 27677374757677 7879808187127177 > Last »
Up