ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 77 of 90
« First < 27677374757677 7879808187 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2020 College Football
Pointer19 06:38 PM 09-08-2020
With many teams/conferences withdrawing from competition this year, it's going to be an interesting race to the top. My bold prediction? Army is the only team to play enough games to be eligible for a bowl and wins the National Championship by default.

Army shut out Middle Tennessee, Navy got destroyed by BYU, and Air Force is too scared to play anybody other than the other academies. Who'd you watch this weekend?

[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:07 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Manning threw 28 INT’s as a rookie, he didn’t begin his career expertly knowing how to read NFL defenses, JFC.
I’m aware that it took time for Peyton to become what he was. I’m afraid that still doesn’t make Lawrence any more likely to be able to read a defense like him.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:09 PM 01-01-2021
The way some people talk about Lawrence you'd think we were talking about Mac Jones.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:09 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I’m aware that it took time for Peyton to become what he was. I’m afraid that still doesn’t make Lawrence any more likely to be able to read a defense like him.
There’s literally nothing that warrants a prediction that he could be like Peyton in that regard.

Anybody pretending to know that is completely full of shit.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:10 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
:-)

That's just asinine.
What is asinine? You think Allen and mahomes were anything close to #1 pick prospects? Mahomes became a generational player. He wasn't a generational prospect because he was a big risk. I love the guy but I'm not going to pretend he was remotely close to the prospect Trevor Lawrence was prior to the draft.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:10 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The way some people talk about Lawrence you'd think we were talking about Mac Jones.
Yea calling him a #1 overall pick an as safe as a QB prospect gets is just so insulting!

It’s almost as if some of you don’t actually read.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:11 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
But the majority of people weren’t calling Manning the second coming of Jesus Christ.
Just for the record I am not saying that. I am just saying he is the best QB prospect this year.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:11 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
What is asinine? You think Allen and mahomes were anything close to #1 pick prospects? Mahomes became a generational player. He wasn't a generational prospect because he was a big risk. I love the guy but I'm not going to pretend he was remotely close to the prospect Trevor Lawrence was prior to the draft.
And here's where things change a prospect ranking and what they become isn't the same.

Tom Brady was a shit prospect..
[Reply]
staylor26 11:11 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Just for the record I am not saying that. I am just saying he is the best QB prospect this year.
Absolutely fair and I’ve said the same.

He’s be the best QB prospect most years.

But I think Burrow and Luck were both better prospects.

And he’s a great prospect because he’s VERY safe. Not because his ceiling is Mahomes level.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:12 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yea calling him a #1 overall pick an as safe as a QB prospect gets is just so insulting!

It’s almost as if some of you don’t actually read.
I wasn't talking about you...
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:12 PM 01-01-2021

I’m looking forward to seeing what Dabo answer is when they ask him if he still think @OhioStateFB is the 11th best team in the country.

— LeBron James (@KingJames) January 2, 2021

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:12 PM 01-01-2021
Why does he need to? He has 100x the throwing ability and athleticism as Peyton does. Mahomes can't read a defense like peyton either. Nor does he ever have to. Not only that, but why would we even benchmark him against one of the best qbs in history? The appropriate comparison is Andrew luck, not Peyton.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:13 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I wasn't talking about you...
Ok my bad then.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:14 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Why does he need to? He has 100x the throwing ability and athleticism as Peyton does. Mahomes can't read a defense like mahomes either. Nor does he ever have to. Not only that, but why would we even benchmark him against one of the best qbs in history? The appropriate comparison is Andrew luck, not Peyton.
I agree that he’s more similar to Luck than Manning, but I’d still take Luck coming out of college easily over Lawrence.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:14 PM 01-01-2021
Basically in a 20 year period Lawrence would go 1 17 or 18 times, that gets generational hype.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:14 PM 01-01-2021
He’s not Andrew Luck. Not even close.
There are many who disagree with your assessment.
[Reply]
Page 77 of 90
« First < 27677374757677 7879808187 > Last »
Up