ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 77 of 103
« First < 27677374757677 7879808187 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2018 Missouri Tigers Football Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:36 PM 07-30-2018
The beginning of the 2018 season is a little under five weeks away. Missouri enters the year projected to finish 4th in the East, and may be a borderline Top 25 team according to some projection systems. After a disappointing recruiting cycle last year, pressure is on Odom to restock the cupboard after the senior years of Lock and Beckner, who will go down as two of the better Tigers in history and likely first round draft picks.

Schedule:

Spoiler!

Recruiting:

Spoiler!

At this point, the class is ranked 68-69 nationally by Rivals and 24/7. Odom is going to have to rely on Pinkel's diamond-in-the-rough approach. It looks like they've pulled back considerably from Georgia, focusing more upon Texas, which is what they should have always done. Unfortunately, they've done horrific in-state, and I think that will likely end up being the nail in Odom's coffin after the 2019 season.

12/19 Update: A strong finish late in the cycle moved the class up significantly. Securing commitments from grad transfer Kelly Bryant and TCU transfer Shawn Robinson has solidified the QB position in the short and intermediate term. A class that was ranked in the 60's at the beginning of the season is now a top 20-30 class factoring in transfers.

Hamas' Crystal Ball: 8-4; 4-4 in the SEC (wins vs. Ark, Tenn, Vandy, Kentucky)
[Reply]
Frazod 02:07 PM 12-02-2018
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
I've seen a prediction of Mizzou vs. Okla State in Liberty Bowl New Years Eve.
That would work for me. Would love to crush Gundy's black little soul again.
[Reply]
TrebMaxx 02:50 PM 12-02-2018
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Meh
I agree. I wonder if there is a "whatever.com Meh Bowl" because that is what it will be in actuality.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 03:15 PM 12-02-2018
Originally Posted by TrebMaxx:
I agree. I wonder if there is a "whatever.com Meh Bowl" because that is what it will be in actuality.
Yeah...we don't want to go to a bowl game because we don't want the opportunity for possible recruits to have an extra chance to see us.
[Reply]
TrebMaxx 03:25 PM 12-02-2018
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
Yeah...we don't want to go to a bowl game because we don't want the opportunity for possible recruits to have an extra chance to see us.
Oh, I agree. But the quality of the bowl game makes a difference in recruitment too. Don't take it as I am not happy that we are going to a bowl game because I am. I just think that we will be in some non relevant bowl this year. I hope I am wrong.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 03:34 PM 12-02-2018

LIBERTY BOWL ��#Mizzou is headed to Memphis for a game with an old rival in the @AZOLibertyBowl ��

�� https://t.co/jS0yoD93YL
��️ https://t.co/slOWNMEL8q#MIZ #ShowMe ���� pic.twitter.com/NLK9FHHBwj

— Mizzou Football (@MizzouFootball) December 2, 2018

[Reply]
FD 03:50 PM 12-02-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:

Should be a fun game. Rematch of the epic Cotton Bowl from a few years ago.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:29 PM 12-02-2018
What a wet fart
[Reply]
TrebMaxx 04:58 PM 12-02-2018
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
What a wet fart
Yep, seems fans could buy timeshares for lodging in Memphis as many times that we have played there.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 05:07 PM 12-02-2018
Yep, seems fans could buy timeshares for lodging in Memphis as many times that we have played there.
Missouri hasn't played in the Liberty Bowl since 1980. :-)
[Reply]
TrebMaxx 05:10 PM 12-02-2018
Missouri hasn't played in the Liberty Bowl since 1980. :-)
My bad, I am old. It just seems like we always get some bowl in that area, ie; Shreveport or someplace similar.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 05:41 PM 12-02-2018
My bad, I am old. It just seems like we always get some bowl in that area, ie; Shreveport or someplace similar.
That’s a big stretch to call Shreveport and Memphis the same area. There are worse places to send your fans than Beale street for New Years Eve. Especially against an old Big 12 foe. Not a bad bowl game IMO
[Reply]
TrebMaxx 05:46 PM 12-02-2018
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
That’s a big stretch to call Shreveport and Memphis the same area. There are worse places to send your fans than Beale street for New Years Eve. Especially against an old Big 12 foe. Not a bad bowl game IMO
Aw just talking gulf region area. Not to continue on my negative Nancy attitude at least it is in SEC recruiting territory. Go Tigers!
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:52 PM 12-02-2018

Yuck. Memphis is a shithole.
[Reply]
Mike in SW-MO 06:44 PM 12-02-2018

New Years Eve is nice.

2:45 not so much.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:52 PM 12-02-2018
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Yeah but nobody gives a shit about captain mullet and Okie State.
[Reply]
Page 77 of 103
« First < 27677374757677 7879808187 > Last »
Up