ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 77 of 181
« First < 27677374757677 7879808187127177 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2018-2019 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****
saphojunkie 12:37 PM 04-04-2018
Fuck the Final Four. Championship or bust, baby.

Will update as people declare for the draft/transfer/commit

ROSTER:

Spoiler!

BYE BYE

Spoiler!

FULL SCHEDULE:

https://kuathletics.com/documents/20...9_schedule.pdf

Spoiler!

PHILLIPS 66 BIG 12 CHAMPIONSHIP

Spoiler!

NCAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP:

Spoiler!

More updates to come.

Let's go get Championship number 4 (6)!
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 05:31 PM 02-01-2019
https://fox4kc.com/2019/02/01/ncaa-r...d-next-season/
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:33 PM 02-01-2019
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Health Doke and we are cruising.
We were struggling with Stanford and New Mexico St at home with Udoka. This team was never any good.

It honestly needed Grimes to be far better than this to actually be good (we're talking top 5 draft pick), but he's a barely passable NCAA player at the moment.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 05:33 PM 02-01-2019
what I really dont get - and I'd say this about any school, not just KU.....

how the hell can you suspend a kid from playing a sport if you have zero proof that the kid is aware of a payment to a family member?

I'm not dumb, he probably knew.......but the point is, without proof of the kid's involvement/awareness, how can you suspend him?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:35 PM 02-01-2019
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:

how the hell can you suspend a kid from playing a sport if you have zero proof that the kid is aware of a payment to a family member?

I'm not dumb, he probably knew.......but the point is, without proof of the kid's involvement/awareness, how can you suspend him?
NCAA decisions are more for show than anything else. There's no inherent logic, evidentiary basis or consistency to any of them. That Adidas trial was big news, though, relatively...they weren't going to let Silvio/KU slide.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 05:36 PM 02-01-2019
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
NCAA decisions are more for show than anything else. There's no inherent logic, evidentiary basis or consistency to any of them. That Adidas trial was big news, though, relatively...they weren't going to let Silvio/KU slide.
Sure - but isnt there "time served" here?

the kid's already missed more than 1 season's worth of games.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:38 PM 02-01-2019
Sure - but isnt there "time served" here?

the kid's already missed more than 1 season's worth of games.
There's no sense in trying to make sense of it. The decision seems almost to be designed to force the guy to go to pro, though.
[Reply]
kstater 05:38 PM 02-01-2019

So are you saying that anything is game as long as they dont tell the kid?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
DJJasonp 05:41 PM 02-01-2019
Originally Posted by kstater:
So are you saying that anything is game as long as they dont tell the kid?

Let's take a pretty common scenario........an uncle is close to the kid that's being recruited.

Agent for addidas: "hey uncle.....I hear you have significant pull with your nephew as to what school he might go to. If I give you 20K, will you influence the process towards UK?"

Uncle does his job.........kid has no idea.

Yeah, I know......kids probably know, but with only knowing the facts above in that conversation - how do you punish the kid??
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:47 PM 02-01-2019
Where’s BWillie? He said we were going to skate because we are a blue blood. LOL.

They goddamned better do an investigation into Williamson like now. The adidas guy tried to get him 100 large and he ends up at Duke.... Everything is above board over there right?
[Reply]
kstater 06:02 PM 02-01-2019
Let's take a pretty common scenario........an uncle is close to the kid that's being recruited.

Agent for addidas: "hey uncle.....I hear you have significant pull with your nephew as to what school he might go to. If I give you 20K, will you influence the process towards UK?"

Uncle does his job.........kid has no idea.

Yeah, I know......kids probably know, but with only knowing the facts above in that conversation - how do you punish the kid??
Under the current amateur rules? Absolutely

[Reply]
BWillie 06:30 PM 02-01-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Where’s BWillie? He said we were going to skate because we are a blue blood. LOL.

They goddamned better do an investigation into Williamson like now. The adidas guy tried to get him 100 large and he ends up at Duke.... Everything is above board over there right?
Im happy we now have a ruling. Im actually quite pro-NCAA. But Kansas has a history of holding kids out when they know (at least publicly know) about possible impermissible benefits. They held Alexander out. Preston out. And now Silvio. Great work by the KU athletic dept on that. I think out penalty wont be near as bad as say Arizona who knows and keeps playing kids (Ayton)

From what we can tell Nike is much better at cheating than Addidas. Kansas cant really even leave Adidas either because Adidas has currently gifted them plausible deniability. If KU decides to jump ship to Puma or Nike - Adidas will turn on KU and dig up dirt that will show they are more knowledgeable and directive in these pay for play.

I'm for the NCAA cleaning up the sport. The NCAA is getting sick of being the punching bag. They dont want these OAD kids but they have no choice but to pick up the pieces when the NBA has made them involuntarily become their no cost minor league system.

Big schools will have more trouble recruiting moving forward but I believe it is all in the best interest of collegiate athletics.
[Reply]
HolyHandgernade 06:59 PM 02-01-2019
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
We were struggling with Stanford and New Mexico St at home with Udoka. This team was never any good.

It honestly needed Grimes to be far better than this to actually be good (we're talking top 5 draft pick), but he's a barely passable NCAA player at the moment.
Beat three team in the Top 10 also, but yeah, the team sucked.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:29 PM 02-01-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Im happy we now have a ruling. Im actually quite pro-NCAA. But Kansas has a history of holding kids out when they know (at least publicly know) about possible impermissible benefits. They held Alexander out. Preston out. And now Silvio. Great work by the KU athletic dept on that. I think out penalty wont be near as bad as say Arizona who knows and keeps playing kids (Ayton)

From what we can tell Nike is much better at cheating than Addidas. Kansas cant really even leave Adidas either because Adidas has currently gifted them plausible deniability. If KU decides to jump ship to Puma or Nike - Adidas will turn on KU and dig up dirt that will show they are more knowledgeable and directive in these pay for play.

I'm for the NCAA cleaning up the sport. The NCAA is getting sick of being the punching bag. They dont want these OAD kids but they have no choice but to pick up the pieces when the NBA has made them involuntarily become their no cost minor league system.

Big schools will have more trouble recruiting moving forward but I believe it is all in the best interest of collegiate athletics.
All the NCAA cares about is the headlines.

Also, there is 0% the NCAA or anyone else for that matter is cleaning up college sports. At least until the NBA and NFL open their doors to straight from high school kids and takes some of the elite talent out of the equation.

The only other solution is to let them dump the amateur status and let them get endorsements and make them report them.

There is simply too much money in the system.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:30 PM 02-01-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:

Also, because the NCAA ruled on Silvio doesn’t mean there is not a larger Penalty coming for the whole bit.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:39 PM 02-01-2019
Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade:
Beat three team in the Top 10 also, but yeah, the team sucked.
Well it did statistically and efficiency-wise compared to just about every team in the Self era. The record was always a mirage and I think everyone who watched them saw that. They were playing relatively close home games against some awful basketball teams like Vermont and Louisiana when they weren't barely pulling out those home wins against Stanford and New Mexico.

The only real difference from the beginning of the season (all home or neutral games) and now is that now they're finally playing true road games (1-5 on the season in them) which this team seems completely incapable of doing.
[Reply]
Page 77 of 181
« First < 27677374757677 7879808187127177 > Last »
Up