ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 77 of 136
« First < 27677374757677 7879808187127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official Golf Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:08 PM 02-07-2015
The original Bushwood thread is overflowing like Craig Stadler's FUPA.

Use this thread to discuss tournaments, swing thoughts, equipment, and golf deals.

I thought we could also use the OP to create a WITB for ChiefsPlanet members. I'll list a poster's name and put their sticks in a spoiler tag, so you can see what everyone is carrying.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:29 AM 07-01-2016
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Played in South Carolina two weekends ago. Hot as fuck, but had a great time. Fucking airline (United) broke my Driver, 5-Wood and 6-iron. All Ping G-25's. Motherfuckers took ZERO responsibility. My ass was roasted talking to these dumbshits, but they just kept saying that they don't cover sports equip. I have been travelling over 25 years with Golf Clubs and never had an issue. Anyone have similar experiences, or better yet, have success filing a claim with the airline?
Continental temporarily lost mine and my BIL's clubs when I went to Scotland in 2011. Caused us to miss our tee time at Prestwick, which still chaps my ass to no end. I stayed on their ass long enough to get two $150 vouchers, but we also had major mechanical difficulties on the return flight.

In the future, travel with a piece of 1/2" PVC pipe longer than your driver in your bag. Usually what happens is that the jackasses jam the clubs in too tight of a space and all the pressure is transferred to the head of the tallest club, which results in your shaft snapping.

Also, call PING, give them your serial #s and explain the situation. If you get the right rep, they will cover you.
[Reply]
O.city 10:30 AM 07-01-2016
I always fed ex my clubs ahead of time to the first course we play, in a hard travel bag.
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:39 AM 07-01-2016
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Continental temporarily lost mine and my BIL's clubs when I went to Scotland in 2011. Caused us to miss our tee time at Prestwick, which still chaps my ass to no end. I stayed on their ass long enough to get two $150 vouchers, but we also had major mechanical difficulties on the return flight.

In the future, travel with a piece of 1/2" PVC pipe longer than your driver in your bag. Usually what happens is that the jackasses jam the clubs in too tight of a space and all the pressure is transferred to the head of the tallest club, which results in your shaft snapping.

Also, call PING, give them your serial #s and explain the situation. If you get the right rep, they will cover you.
I get the PVC deal for the driver, but I question HTF that broke my 6 iron. That's a lot of want to to break that stick. I got a $100 voucher, but I lost $400 in clubs. Just frosts me. I'm thinking about going to a hard case for future travel.

I hadn't thought about talking to PING - thanks for the suggestion
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:40 AM 07-01-2016
Originally Posted by O.city:
I always fed ex my clubs ahead of time to the first course we play, in a hard travel bag.
I've done Ship Sticks before, but the cost was outrageous to ship them to SC. Like $140? In retrospect, it would have been cheaper than replacing the clubs...
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:50 AM 07-01-2016
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
I get the PVC deal for the driver, but I question HTF that broke my 6 iron. That's a lot of want to to break that stick. I got a $100 voucher, but I lost $400 in clubs. Just frosts me. I'm thinking about going to a hard case for future travel.

I hadn't thought about talking to PING - thanks for the suggestion
Did they severely injure the clubheads or did they just break the shafts?

If they were PING's factory specs, I could legitimately reshaft all of those clubs for you in a half hour and ship them back to you for less than $100.
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:41 AM 07-01-2016
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Did they severely injure the clubheads or did they just break the shafts?

If they were PING's factory specs, I could legitimately reshaft all of those clubs for you in a half hour and ship them back to you for less than $100.
Thanks, but they not only broke the shafts but dented the heads on the driver and 5 wood. The 6 iron head has a gouge right across the face. Like I said, somebody put a shit ton of "want to" in fucking these clubs up.
[Reply]
MahiMike 04:20 PM 07-01-2016
Originally Posted by O.city:
So I've got my club championship next weekend and a four ball 2 day tourney the weekend after.

To pat myself on the back a little, I've gotten my index back down to scratch this year. I've worked my ass off to so it, now I've gotta get shit together for the club champ. 2 days of stroke play, then match played out. Last year I lost in the semis to the eventual champ 2 and 1. I've gotta try and get the 1 seed to avoid him and the other betier player til the finals. Luckily, the dude that plays to a plus 4 at our club isn't gonna play this year due to other comments but we added a few other good players as new member this year, so we'll see.
Good luck!
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 04:57 PM 07-01-2016
Played Erin Hills Tuesday. Tough track, you literally have fairway, then a yard or two of rough, then waist high fescue. I can't wait to see how the USGA sets it up.

If anyone is interested in hearing some USGA gossip, let me know - had dinner Tuesday night 10 feet from Mike Davis. Pretty much eavesdropped his entire conversation.

(the last pic is#18 from the tips. 675 yards)

[Reply]
Dartgod 06:04 PM 07-01-2016
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
Played Erin Hills Tuesday. Tough track, you literally have fairway, then a yard or two of rough, then waist high fescue. I can't wait to see how the USGA sets it up.
Shit, I'd go through at least a dozen balls playing that course.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 06:07 PM 07-01-2016
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Shit, I'd go through at least a dozen balls playing that course.
Surprisingly, I didn't lose one.

Which is extremely rare for me.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:11 PM 07-01-2016

If anyone is interested in hearing some USGA gossip, let me know - had dinner Tuesday night 10 feet from Mike Davis. Pretty much eavesdropped his entire conversation.

]
Well *of course* I wanna know what that dumbass was saying.
[Reply]
O.city 01:41 PM 07-10-2016
Stroke play club championship in the books. Shot 70 73, finishing at 1 under for the weekend. Got me the 1 seed so now gotta match play it out. But it was nice to win the stroke play champ.
[Reply]
scho63 02:31 PM 07-10-2016
Surprisingly, I didn't lose one.

Which is extremely rare for me.
I love playing a great course with forecaddies. Well done! :-)
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 02:45 PM 07-10-2016
Originally Posted by scho63:
I love playing a great course with forecaddies. Well done! :-)
:-)

There was only a forecaddie on 3-4 holes.

Luckily, there was one on the one hole I found the deep fescue. Damn near hit the kid sitting in his chair.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 06:15 PM 07-10-2016
And the USGA continues to stick their dick in the mashed potatoes at the Women's Open. Didn't learn from the Men's Open.
[Reply]
Page 77 of 136
« First < 27677374757677 7879808187127 > Last »
Up