ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 77 of 383
« First < 27677374757677 7879808187127177 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Kerberos 02:21 PM 01-09-2012
Tried FatTire on tap the first time a couple months ago and it was pretty damn tasty. My wife bought me a 12 pack not long back and I was dissapointed in how much different it tasted from a bottle than from the tap. Some cheaper beers are actually better from a bottle compared to tap. FatTire is no where near a cheap beer so I thought it was strange. Anyone else have this opinion on FT?
[Reply]
SuperChief 02:37 PM 01-09-2012
You folks over in Missouri - have you tried the beers from Mother's Brewery yet?
[Reply]
phisherman 02:51 PM 01-09-2012
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
Lee's Summit Gomer's is consistently the best place. .
I tell people this all the time. They have a fantastic selection.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 12:22 AM 01-30-2012
Watched "How Beer Saved the World" on Netflix. Highly recommend, very funny and makes me want to have a sip.
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:45 PM 01-31-2012
Heh...

https://twitter.com/#!/GrunauerKC/st...22950869671936

Originally Posted by :
Squirted a little Hershey's syrup into an Irish Ale and, not gonna lie, pretty delicious. Blvd should think about doing a chocolate beer.

[Reply]
NewChief 02:12 PM 01-31-2012
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Heh...

https://twitter.com/#!/GrunauerKC/st...22950869671936
Uhh... wat?

www.boulevard.com/BoulevardBeers/chocolate-ale
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:16 PM 01-31-2012
Originally Posted by SuperChief:
You folks over in Missouri - have you tried the beers from Mother's Brewery yet?
Yup, the Tow Head, 3 Blind Mice, and Mother's Little Helper are all good.
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:19 PM 01-31-2012
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Uhh... wat?

It's TiC... it came out today and sold out at most places before noon. There were long lines at many liquor stores at 10am. I didn't get any last year and haven't found any so far today... it's on tap at several places though, and I'll probably find some in Omaha this weekend.

They made 2.5 times more than last year, and it still wasn't nearly enough... it's like Black Friday for beer snobs.
[Reply]
NewChief 02:24 PM 01-31-2012
It's TiC... it came out today and sold out at most places before noon. There were long lines at many liquor stores at 10am. I didn't get any last year and haven't found any so far today... it's on tap at several places though, and I'll probably find some in Omaha this weekend.

They made 2.5 times more than last year, and it still wasn't nearly enough... it's like Black Friday for beer snobs.
Oh. Hah. I see. I wonder if we'll get it down here. We got the BBB a few weeks after it sold out down there. I had some of the Elbow Chocolate either last year or year before.
[Reply]
Monty 02:27 PM 01-31-2012
Anyone tried the ska brewing co. beers out of Durango? I'm really impressed with the steel toe stout and ten pin porter. :-)
[Reply]
the Talking Can 02:27 PM 01-31-2012
finally had some dogfish head 90min ipa (from a keg)....tasty, I was expecting something more crazy, I guess, but just a really tasty, balanced beer...
[Reply]
Monty 02:28 PM 01-31-2012
Uhh... wat?

The perfect compliment to my chocolate cigars.....just wish I could get my hands on some....:-)
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 02:29 PM 01-31-2012
Originally Posted by Monty:
Anyone tried the ska brewing co. beers out of Durango? I'm really impressed with the steel toe stout and ten pin porter. :-)
Absolutely love the Decadent Imperial IPA.
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:34 PM 01-31-2012
Oh. Hah. I see. I wonder if we'll get it down here. We got the BBB a few weeks after it sold out down there. I had some of the Elbow Chocolate either last year or year before.
I still have 3 BBQs... bought two here the day it came out, and then we found 5 at a Hy-Vee in Omaha several days later. I'm glad people aren't as crazy for that one.

I read some places outside of KC had Chocolate Ale last week, but it doesn't look like they've updated their beer finder (probably no point locally, since it sells out so fast). It's showing up on eBay for $25-50/bottle, and a couple of links I saw have 10 available... damn hoarders (I hoarded BBQ out of town several days later.... totally different :-) )
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 02:36 PM 01-31-2012
I still have 3 BBQs... bought two here the day it came out, and then we found 5 at a Hy-Vee in Omaha several days later. I'm glad people aren't as crazy for that one.

I read some places outside of KC had Chocolate Ale last week, but it doesn't look like they've updated their beer finder (probably no point locally, since it sells out so fast). It's showing up on eBay for $25-50/bottle, and a couple of links I saw have 10 available... damn hoarders (I hoarded BBQ out of town several days later.... totally different :-) )
IMO, the Chocolate Ale is just ok. It's not great. Women probably like the shit out of it.

I'd much rather have a BBQ (Which I couldn't find either...) than a Chocolate Ale.
[Reply]
Page 77 of 383
« First < 27677374757677 7879808187127177 > Last »
Up