ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 77 of 110
« First < 27677374757677 7879808187 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Shooting at the parade
Otter 01:53 PM 02-14-2024

Just like #ChiefsKingdom has always been there for me and my family, we want to be there for them.❤️

The @Chiefs have launched #KCStrong, an emergency response fund supporting victims and their families, violence prevention and mental health services, and first responders.… pic.twitter.com/sYMnPgCWL0

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) February 16, 2024

Friendly mod reminder, this thread is about yesterday's shooting. Not about gun control, gun laws, politics, or anything of that nature. If you need everyone to know what's wrong in this world and how you'd fix it, grab your megaphone and soapbox and take it to DC, thanks.
[Reply]
HemiEd 02:13 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I blame video games.
So you are telling me I can't just hit reset and have this person come back to life again like on the game my parents have been using to baby sit me since I was 4? Holy shit, who would have thought?:-)
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 02:22 PM 02-15-2024
To get away from politics and since someone was asking about charities and stuff earlier, KKFI 90.1 (a great community radio station you should check out) will have a GoFundMe set up for Lisa Lopez-Galvan on their home page

https://kkfi.org
[Reply]
bevischief 02:30 PM 02-15-2024
There were 5 locations that something happened. Outside of parking garage of Union Station and where I was nothing was near the players. But the number of law enforcement nothing going to happen to them. I was some how around 3 of them.
[Reply]
TheGreatCassholio 02:31 PM 02-15-2024

A statement by @JustinqReid on his IG pic.twitter.com/k5NeTWCW9Z

— Chiefs.Girl (@Ms_LilShadow) February 15, 2024

[Reply]
sedated 02:36 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

More corroboration that the guy in red wasn't involved.
I can't imagine a worse time to get photographed in handcuffs than at the scene of a mass shooting that involved kids.
[Reply]
Coogs 02:47 PM 02-15-2024
Here is the shooting I was telling you about yesterday that happened about 1:37 south of the pep rally a few blocks. This shooting happened right by my son’s vehicle as he was leaving the parade.

https://www.kctv5.com/2024/02/14/two...-crown-center/

This was about 4 or 5 blocks from Union Station, and about 15 to 20 minutes before the shooting at Union Station. Same dudes?
[Reply]
LongSufferingToady 03:02 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
I feel like you should also consider how many championship parades there have been in the last several decades without something like this happening.

One wonders if insurance companies are going to be the ones making the determination of what the city and the team do in the future.
But it shouldn't be happening at all! Why do we accept this behavior as par for the course?!
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 03:40 PM 02-15-2024
The below is a facebook post by someone in Iowa that traveled to the parade. They are going on WHO statewide radio for an interview today. Interesting comments as I was surprised yesterday when watching that Jesse Palmer was hit in the head when the parade coverage was just starting. The comments bring up the fact that Chiefs were drunk and it wasn't a good look for his young kids, but he should have known that is what these parades have become. However, the rest is pretty valid.
Originally Posted by :
I am filled with anger and disappointment after attending an NFL event in Kansas City, and I feel compelled to share my experience. My family and I traveled 3 ½ hours from out of state, waking up at 0300 and hitting the road by 0400, excited for what we thought would be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to enjoy a city event and support our favorite NFL team, the Chiefs.
Our experience took a dark turn at the intersection of Persing and Main Street at Union Station. Chaos ensued, with no apparent order as we found ourselves amidst a crowd that seemed to lack any semblance of organization. To make matters worse, my wife was hit
in the head by a rock, an act of aggression that left me seething with anger. The desire to retaliate was strong, but I refrained, considering the safety of my children who were with me.

My frustration grew as I observed the absence of police officers in the vicinity, despite the escalating chaos. Grown men were climbing light poles and street posts, engaging in destructive behavior. The atmosphere was tense, and I felt a growing sense of unease.
Even before the parade started, I witnessed young adults vandalizing the area, pulling signs off crosswalk posts. I was the lone voice to confront them, highlighting the absolute chaos that seemed to have taken over the event.
The lack of law enforcement presence became even more apparent when a man near me fainted, and there was no EMS in sight. Drawing on my military experience, I provided first aid, but the incident served as a stark reminder of the lack of safety measures in place.

As the parade commenced, my disillusionment continued. Fans, including some players, were visibly intoxicated, and I couldn't help but feel disgusted by their behavior. My daughter's idol, in particular, failed to exhibit the classiness one would expect from
a public figure, especially considering the young fans who look up to him.
Feeling increasingly uneasy, we decided to leave the event early. Little did we know that our decision would be a life-saving one. A shooting occurred at the very intersection we had vacated, and I am thankful that we left when we did.
Now, guilt and shame weigh heavily on me. I put my family, including my 8-year-old daughter and three boys under the age of 4, in potential harm's way. The realization that we narrowly avoided a tragedy amplifies my feelings of responsibility.
As a veteran who served multiple deployments, I dedicated my life to preserving the freedoms we hold dear. The recent events triggered my PTSD, marking the first time I've witnessed gun violence outside a combat setting. It forces me to confront the disturbing
reality that we are living in a state of war within our own country.
I am utterly disgusted with the entire situation – with the city of Kansas City, Missouri, the NFL, the Chiefs, the players, and most of all, myself. This experience has shattered the illusion of safety that I fought to maintain for my family and fellow citizens. It serves as a stark reminder that, as a nation, we need to wake up and address the underlying issues that contribute to the deterioration of our society.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:45 PM 02-15-2024
Fans and players were drunk at a Super Bowl parade?

No fucking way...
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:47 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
The below is a facebook post by someone in Iowa that traveled to the parade. They are going on WHO statewide radio for an interview today. Interesting comments as I was surprised yesterday when watching that Jesse Palmer was hit in the head when the parade coverage was just starting. The comments bring up the fact that Chiefs were drunk and it wasn't a good look for his young kids, but he should have known that is what these parades have become. However, the rest is pretty valid.
That might be one of the most pathetic things I've ever read.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 03:48 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

No ****ing way...
He must be a swifty. Clearly has never seen the Chiefs, or their celebrations, prior to this season.
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:52 PM 02-15-2024

PLEASE SHARE
Yesterday in the commotion I lost my wedding ring. I was in front of at Union Station all day. I have called everyone & it hasn’t been turned in. I know the power of social media. I know this is no comparison to rest of the heartache, I’m just looking for a miracle. pic.twitter.com/c2aHLNfU0q

— Stephie (@StephByram) February 15, 2024

How does a wedding ring fall off?
[Reply]
RockChalk 03:52 PM 02-15-2024
65 year old white man with 4 kids under the age of 9. Sounds about right.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 03:55 PM 02-15-2024

[Reply]
philfree 03:55 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

No ****ing way...
That was no place for an 8 and 4 year old even without the shooting.
[Reply]
Page 77 of 110
« First < 27677374757677 7879808187 > Last »
Up