ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 77 of 84
« First < 27677374757677 78798081 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2024 Royals Season Repository Thread*****
ChiefsCountry 11:36 AM 01-01-2024

Year Two of the Matt Quatraro tenure. Time to take a step up this year. Active in free agency and trades this offseason. A new look pitching rotation and bullpen. Will the young players take the leap up offensively? Bobby Witt extension? New stadium? Will Vinny recover from injury? Salvy taking aim at the Royals record book? Will Cole Ragans turn into the best Royals starting pitcher since Greinke 1.0?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Seth Lugo, SP
Michael Wacha, SP
Kyle Wright, SP
Hunter Renfroe, OF/DH
Will Smith, RP
Chris Stratton, RP
Nick Anderson, RP
Adam Frazier, 2B
Garrett Hampson, INF/OF
Matt Sauer, RP
[Reply]
DJay23 06:21 AM 06-10-2024
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
This team is 12 games above water, I’m happy as a lark. I listen on the radio and this team makes me smile.

Tell us about the moves you’d make on 5/29.
I didn't know why I even kept opening this thread. I guess I hoped there were measured and reasonable adults sharing their joy over how much this Royals team has overperformed this season and what their chances are going forward with this roster.

Instead it's a bunch of juveniles who want to jettison every player who has a bad game or two. Their fantasy teams must be a fucking disaster.

And then I see your posts William, big shining beacons of light. There are still people out there who understand how to be a patient baseball fan.

I for the record wouldn't be making any moves...yet. We knew June was going to be difficult. Let's see what it looks like closer to the deadline. Patience.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 06:40 AM 06-10-2024
I was sitting here thinking about how good this team would be with an even semi-decent bullpen. So I looked it up and KC's bullpen is ranked 20th with a 4.22 era. Better than I actually thought they'd have.

https://www.mlb.com/stats/team/pitch...&sortState=asc

Doesn't seem like they've been that good, but apparently they have been at least marginal. The rest of the team has been so shockingly good that being average makes the Bullpen one of the GLARING areas they could improve. An arm or two before the Deadline will really do this team a lot of good.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 07:33 AM 06-10-2024
Well, time to find out how good this Team really is.

7 straight games against two of the top 3 teams in baseball. 4 vs. the Yankers followed by 3 in LA against the Dodgers.

Good measuring stick to see where we really are.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:49 AM 06-10-2024
What a dunk weekend series. Would have been great to get a sweep but the team is legit.

I think one more bullpen arm would do wonders for things. Everyone moves down a role and is more effective.

With Renfroe and Velazquez both turning up, maybe they can survive until Massey is healthy, but I’d still like to see a LH bat added to the mix.

Someone who could play 2B/OF would be ideal. Like Frazier, but better. Or a true upgrade in CF.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 01:16 PM 06-10-2024
Originally Posted by DJay23:
I didn't know why I even kept opening this thread. I guess I hoped there were measured and reasonable adults sharing their joy over how much this Royals team has overperformed this season and what their chances are going forward with this roster.

Instead it's a bunch of juveniles who want to jettison every player who has a bad game or two. Their fantasy teams must be a ****ing disaster.

And then I see your posts William, big shining beacons of light. There are still people out there who understand how to be a patient baseball fan.

I for the record wouldn't be making any moves...yet. We knew June was going to be difficult. Let's see what it looks like closer to the deadline. Patience.

The impatient crowd is a lot of the same folks who were certain the Chiefs were dead after the season opener loss to the Lions. You remember the thread that was spawned after that?

To me, I see a manager growing into his role in the same way Ned did. Ned was criticized over and over and over for his patient approach with Moose and Escobar, Wade Davis and even Gordon. Q is keeping everybody involved KNOWING that learning to walk out there to the mound after late inning failure is required in order to succeed later. That’s why he’s sticking with Mac. If the opportunity arises to claim a legit arm, I’m sure the front office will do it.

We have draft picks that were floundering in the minors and after competent organizational changes, maybe some of those high picks will come through. There’s a lot to be positive about with this team.

That’s what I see.
[Reply]
Valiant 01:19 PM 06-10-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I don't understand how all of these young guys always have back problems
Probably shitty beds they sleep in at that level. Lack of working out lower back also.
[Reply]
cmh6476 02:31 PM 06-10-2024

#Royals stacking righties against Carlos Rodon. First of a 4-game set against the Yankees. Pregame at 6:30 pic.twitter.com/ECODuWcxpU

— Joel Goldberg (@goldbergkc) June 10, 2024

yankee doodle my dick :-)
[Reply]
ptlyon 05:19 PM 06-10-2024
Does anybody have the stats of how many games this team has pissed away in the late innings?
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:00 PM 06-10-2024
Originally Posted by DJay23:

Instead it's a bunch of juveniles who want to jettison every player who has a bad game or two. Their fantasy teams must be a fucking disaster.

I think the only thing I’d be doing right now is searching for some bullpen help. Other than that, I couldn’t be happier with where this team is situated. It’s been a great first 2 months.
[Reply]
Coach 09:07 PM 06-10-2024
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
I think the only thing I’d be doing right now is searching for some bullpen help. Other than that, I couldn’t be happier with where this team is situated. It’s been a great first 2 months.
I disagree on the bullpen help. The real problem is 5 Royals are batting near the Mendoza Line. That's not going to cut it, especially 2 of them currently OPS+'ing below 70, if we're having championships aspirations.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:31 PM 06-10-2024
Originally Posted by Coach:
I disagree on the bullpen help. The real problem is 5 Royals are batting near the Mendoza Line. That's not going to cut it, especially 2 of them currently OPS+'ing below 70, if we're having championships aspirations.
AL rankings for the O

3rd in hits
3rd in runs
1st in 2B
3rd in 3B
10th in HR
1st in SB
2nd in BA
5th in OBP
4th in SLG
4th in OPS
3rd least KS
12th least BBs

So far they are quite a bit better than both the 2014 and 2015 teams on offense. I'd say they are significantly better on D and those 14/15 defenses were great. We might even have better speed than those 14/15 teams. The starting pitching is about even with the 14/15 teams. The only thing that isn't the same or better is the bullpen. 14/15 bullpens were miles and miles ahead of this bullpen.

We need bullpen help. Probably 2 guys.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:49 PM 06-10-2024
With Renfroe likely going to the IL can Waters play a corner OF spot?

Also what about John Rave? .883 OPS and showing good power and can get on base. Says he clan play all OF positions
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 02:02 AM 06-11-2024
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
AL rankings for the O

3rd in hits
3rd in runs
1st in 2B
3rd in 3B
10th in HR
1st in SB
2nd in BA
5th in OBP
4th in SLG
4th in OPS
3rd least KS
12th least BBs

So far they are quite a bit better than both the 2014 and 2015 teams on offense. I'd say they are significantly better on D and those 14/15 defenses were great. We might even have better speed than those 14/15 teams. The starting pitching is about even with the 14/15 teams. The only thing that isn't the same or better is the bullpen. 14/15 bullpens were miles and miles ahead of this bullpen.

We need bullpen help. Probably 2 guys.
To casual fans, our offense looks like shit.

This is why casual fans should take a quick look with the ASG voting. Looooot of “bad” numbers.

Vote often! No reason why we shouldn’t have at least 3 or 4 Royals repping the ASG, deservedly so.

https://www.mlb.com/all-star/ballot
[Reply]
cmh6476 07:45 AM 06-11-2024
Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm:
To casual fans, our offense looks like shit.

This is why casual fans should take a quick look with the ASG voting. Looooot of “bad” numbers.

Vote often! No reason why we shouldn’t have at least 3 or 4 Royals repping the ASG, deservedly so.

https://www.mlb.com/all-star/ballot
I submitted one vote, but that's what I noticed as I scrolled through each position; some of our guys have a legit case to be in the game.
[Reply]
ROYC75 10:37 AM 06-11-2024
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
I submitted one vote, but that's what I noticed as I scrolled through each position; some of our guys have a legit case to be in the game.
Just 2!

Sal & Bobby!

As you/we all know the ASG starters is a fan based award. It's more about how the rest of MLB fans reveal that player, not so much the local teams fans. Now there have been some anomalies from time to time where local fans go bezerk and can vote a guy (s) into the starting lineup. IIRC, the 2015 Royals were a classic example of that.
[Reply]
Page 77 of 84
« First < 27677374757677 78798081 > Last »
Up