ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 764 of 791
« First < 264664714754760761762763764 765766767768774 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
staylor26 11:58 AM 04-22-2019
I don’t think it’s going to happen anyways.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:58 AM 04-22-2019
Tanoh won’t even be here next year
[Reply]
TwistedChief 11:59 AM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by Chargem:
Just think about the pass rusher the Chiefs could get if they used their 1st and 2nd to trade up this year, and then consider how much cheaper that pass rusher would be for the next 5 years and presumably not have any known off field issues.
The Chiefs 1st and 2nd this year value-wise equate to roughly the 17/18th pick in the 1st. No guarantee the top pass rushers are available there and no guarantee that they produce immediately. And if you listen to Veach, he indicates we are leaning more toward win-now mode.

I didn't have a problem with the Ford trade or releasing Houston because I figured it was all part of a larger plan, and I figured we'd need to get past the draft to see all the pieces come together. But if somehow we fast forward a week and haven't added an impact defensive player who can contribute immediately, I'm going to be more than a bit concerned with our defense. I understand the coaching, scheme, etc will be improved, but we need more talent. And given that Veach was trying to sign the likes of Earl Thomas to a one-year deal, I would think he gets that too.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 12:01 PM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
I’ll guve you KPass.

But we didn’t pay Okafor decent change and trade for Ogbah for no reason. Otherwise, it’s an indictment of Veach.

I’d only give up SF’s 2020 2nd for Clark.
Ogbah is a reclamation project that was nothing more than two teams unloading players and seeing if a fresh start helps.

You don't need to treat him like the Chiefs are counting on him as anything more than that.

Okafor didn't exactly break the bank, and the Chiefs should be looking to upgrade anywhere they can. A player like Okafor is not going to prohibit you from that.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:03 PM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
The Chiefs 1st and 2nd this year value-wise equate to roughly the 17/18th pick in the 1st. No guarantee the top pass rushers are available there and no guarantee that they produce immediately. And if you listen to Veach, he indicates we are leaning more toward win-now mode.

I didn't have a problem with the Ford trade or releasing Houston because I figured it was all part of a larger plan, and I figured we'd need to get past the draft to see all the pieces come together. But if somehow we fast forward a week and haven't added an impact defensive player who can contribute immediately, I'm going to be more than a bit concerned with our defense. I understand the coaching, scheme, etc will be improved, but we need more talent. And given that Veach was trying to sign the likes of Earl Thomas to a one-year deal, I would think he gets that too.
They've got a world class DL coach and some options on the roster already. I'm a lot more concerned about adding in a CB that can match against Mike Williams height and have the speed to cover more of the elite receivers.

If they sort that out, the rest of it will fall into place IMO.
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:16 PM 04-22-2019
If Veach gives up a 1st to inherit a $90 million contract...he's dumber than a bag of dirt. That's what mismanaged franchises do. SF only gave up next's year 2nd for Ford and his contract. He's got the bloated Hitchens and Watkins contracts to his name so far....but at least didn't sacrifice picks. We'll see if Mathieu pans out for the cash.

He traded a 3rd round pick to move up 8 spots for Speaks....who would have most likely still been there. KC netted both Kelce and K. Hunt in the 3rd...so those picks have value.
[Reply]
kcclone 12:18 PM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
If Veach gives up a 1st to inherit a $90 million contract...he's dumber than a bag of dirt. That's what mismanaged franchises do. He's got the bloated Hitchens and Watkins contracts to his name so far....but at least didn't sacrifice picks. We'll see if Mathieu pans out for the cash.

He traded a 3rd round pick to move up 8 spots for Speaks....who would have most likely still been there.

Yeah, I'm not ok with this move.

Also, he needs to redeem himself for last year's draft in the coming draft or I'll start to worry about our ability to identify talent, particularly defensive talent.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 12:18 PM 04-22-2019
I mocked a proposal for Clark the other day, but I think the following is reasonable:

Seattle receives (1)#29, (2)#63, and (5)#167

KC receives Frank Clark and (4)#124

That is just over 900 points on the trade value chart, which works out to around pick #18 value. The Chiefs would be hard-pressed to get an edge player of Clark’s caliber/value at #29. A move up to Minnesota’s #18 would cost one of the 2nd rounders anyhow for an unproven rookie. I’m not as concerned about contract/cap for Clark - not my money. Guys like Watkins and Fisher are likely cuts next season, and guys like Sorenson and Xavier Williams can also be casualties to create room for extensions short term.

What bugs me most is Clark’s off-field past and the risk that he is an infraction away from suspension. To pay a guy big dollars, you better feel he will not relapse and be available to play 16+ games a season.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 12:19 PM 04-22-2019
It’s lying season in the NFL right now. Take what you hear with A grain of salt
[Reply]
Buckweath 12:20 PM 04-22-2019
Yeah if Veach trades the 1st round pick for Clark this won't sit well at all with me.

Anything more than a 2nd and 5th this year for dumbass Frank Clark and I would be disappointed.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:22 PM 04-22-2019
On the bright side this must mean Hill should be fine if the Chiefs are willing to trade for Clark and his off the field issues
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:25 PM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
On the bright side this must mean Hill should be fine if the Chiefs are willing to trade for Clark and his off the field issues
we're willing to trade for Clark? Who said that?
[Reply]
RunKC 12:25 PM 04-22-2019
For those asking if we can afford all of these guys, the answer is yes. Vikings have a $31 million QB with 9 players making double-digit cap hits and 1 other at $9.6 million.

Look at this, man. The Vikings paid *everyone* and have a QB on a fully guaranteed deal.

Stop penny pinching. The #Chiefs are fine. Will be fine. Have been fine.

Oh, and Mahomes. pic.twitter.com/QBxo1EwH6Z

— Brandon Kiley (@BKSportsTalk) April 22, 2019

[Reply]
The Franchise 12:26 PM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
For those asking if we can afford all of these guys, the answer is yes. Vikings have a $31 million QB with 9 players making double-digit cap hits and 1 other at $9.6 million.

I was waiting for someone to post this.

The Vikings also have less than $2 million in cap space RIGHT NOW and are projected to have $7 million next season.

So no....you can't just sign everyone and say fuck the cap.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:26 PM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
we're willing to trade for Clark? Who said that?
Idk maybe Rapoport or Breer or Nate Taylor. Just a guess tho
[Reply]
Page 764 of 791
« First < 264664714754760761762763764 765766767768774 > Last »
Up