ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 76 of 92
« First < 26667273747576 7778798086 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's Talk About the Bills (AFC Championship Edition)
cmh6476 05:11 PM 01-17-2021
They're pretty good
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:33 PM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
This is true. That's why I said in a 1-game playoff, the Chiefs are downright scary.

Hardman and Tyreek can take the top of the defense RUNNING THE BALL. :-)
Cowherd was talking about this the other day. Said the Chiefs have an offense that can score in one play. Teams like the Bills and Browns need drives to score. In the playoffs, you need to able to score on one play.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:34 PM 01-22-2021
Don’t know if this is normal or not but Osemele just posted a picture of his uniform and pads up in the Chiefs locker room about 3 hours ago. If he was on IR wouldn’t they take that down?
[Reply]
Mecca 12:40 PM 01-22-2021
Why is Schefter selling that Mahomes has a significant foot injury and not a toe injury, seems suspect.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 12:40 PM 01-22-2021
My one real main concern with this game, and i haven't seen anyone talk about it yet....and quite frankly it may be an aberration....but then again it may not....

The Red Zone.

The Chiefs have been struggling to score in the redzone lately, settling for FG's more often than i've ever seen in the Mahomes era.

The Bills, MAYBE, have found some Red Zone defense. The Colts and Ravens practically moved the ball on them at will, but neither could score in the red zone.

It'll be something to watch. Is this Bills Red Zone defense for real? Is our lack of red zone production for real?

To me, that's the most concerning story for the Chiefs going into this game.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:45 PM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Don’t know if this is normal or not but Osemele just posted a picture of his uniform and pads up in the Chiefs locker room about 3 hours ago. If he was on IR wouldn’t they take that down?
Not seeing it.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:49 PM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Not seeing it.
It’s on his IG story. Was posted about 3 hours ago
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:50 PM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
My one real main concern with this game, and i haven't seen anyone talk about it yet....and quite frankly it may be an aberration....but then again it may not....

The Red Zone.

The Chiefs have been struggling to score in the redzone lately, settling for FG's more often than i've ever seen in the Mahomes era.

The Bills, MAYBE, have found some Red Zone defense. The Colts and Ravens practically moved the ball on them at will, but neither could score in the red zone.

It'll be something to watch. Is this Bills Red Zone defense for real? Is our lack of red zone production for real?

Good post. fwiw, Cowherd just talked about this very point a few minutes ago.

And there's a lot of conflicting evidence to support just about any hypothesis, unfortunately. Against NOR, KC scored TDs on 4 out of 5 drives in the RZ. Vs. one of the best defenses in the league. If not the best. But had trouble vs. DEN earlier this year, going 1-4 or something like that.

Gotta take care of some things right now, so I'll leave this here for now, and try to get back to it later today.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:52 PM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Cowherd was talking about this the other day. Said the Chiefs have an offense that can score in one play. Teams like the Bills and Browns need drives to score. In the playoffs, you need to able to score on one play.
Yep.

We've seen this before. Steady and reliable wins a lot of regular season games but in the playoffs, when teams are so evenly matched, that one big play is usually the difference.

The Chiefs generate so many big plays, it's unreal. And makes them really, really hard to beat in a 1-game playoff.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:54 PM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

The Red Zone.

The Chiefs in 2020 score TD's on 59.38% of their red zone possessions. They are at 60% for the last 3 games.

And before you panic, they were 60% for all of 2019, exactly where they are now.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:57 PM 01-22-2021
And if you want to analyze it a little deeper, the red zone offense actually favors the Chiefs a little (without looking at the defenses of course).

The Chiefs are 59.4% overall, 57.5% at home, and 61.3% on the road.

The Bills on the other hand, are at 62.5% overall, but 66.7% at home and only 56.7% on the road.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:00 PM 01-22-2021
The bigger concern is not the red zone offense, it's the red zone defense.

The Bills allow a TD on 60.6% of red zone trips, and again are much better at home (54.3%) than on the road (67.7%).

However, the Chiefs are giving up TD's a whopping 77.5% of the time and 84% at home. That number was 53.3% last year.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:04 PM 01-22-2021
Chiefs presser:

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:04 PM 01-22-2021
Mahomes is still in protocol.....
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:06 PM 01-22-2021
Yeah, he's supposed to be.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:06 PM 01-22-2021
That probably ends tomorrow he needs to be cleared by a doctor independent of the team.
[Reply]
Page 76 of 92
« First < 26667273747576 7778798086 > Last »
Up