ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 76 of 111
« First < 26667273747576 7778798086 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2020 NFL Free Agency Thread *****
saphojunkie 11:39 AM 03-16-2020
Certified Corona free.

Post here. Pertinent free agent signings can still have their own thread. Anyone who replies with a Q, because something is buried in this thread should blah blah AIDS tree.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:46 AM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by Rausch:
He's hit that point where he's a S and not a CB. He played like shit at CB this year...
Yeah, he never amounted to shit in his time in KC, and he only had 1 good season in Washington. I thought Fenton looked better in the slot.

That game sealing INT in the SB was a thing of beauty though. Wish he coulda done more of that in his time here.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:50 AM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
You guys realize we probably aren't having an NFL season this year right?
They'll ax OTAs and probably training camps.

However, depending on the situation, especially when we hit a "down" point of the curve, you can bet your ass the NFL will do what they can to still have games. They might be played without fans in attendance, but I'm pretty sure we'll have a season of some sort.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:51 AM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
They'll ax OTAs and probably training camps.

However, depending on the situation, especially when we hit a "down" point of the curve, you can bet your ass the NFL will do what they can to still have games. They might be played without fans in attendance, but I'm pretty sure we'll have a season of some sort.
Exactly.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 11:28 AM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I don’t see Breeland getting over $8M per at this point, maybe not even more than $6M.

Clearly his market hasn’t been what they hoped, and that’s unfortunate for him. But could be good for us.

I think he’s a really strong scheme fit for our defense but not all teams, and that’s probably part of the reason why things haven’t come together. That and the fact that he does have his share of nagging injuries that take him out of games for stretches at a time it seems.
He should be worth every bit as much as Fuller. I think more actually. Breeland did a lot more here than Fuller. IMO
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:36 AM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by Hoover:
This.

I mean the dude is posting highlights from his time as a Redskin shutting down Kamara on Twitter. Pretty clear that his phone hasn't been ringing.

Give the dude a fair contract and he's ours. I'd rather have him than Watkins at this point.
Really, that's weird?

He's got the 100-yard fumble return @ DET, INT and game-winning deflection @ NE, INT and a few other splash plays made in the Super Bowl he could have used. I won't say I was ever a big fan of his but he had a great year.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:38 AM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
I think I'm ready to call Bashaud Breeland the most overrated player last year by the Chiefs fans.

There's probably not a single GM who would take Breeland over Fuller for the same salary.

Fuller is a player who was not great last year but who could be a Pro Bowl player in the future.

Bashaud Breeland is a player that you know will give you good plays but also bad plays.

Wait until you see for how much Breeland signs a new contract.

Easily taking Fuller over Breeland here!
When the defense really started to gel, I didn't notice all these so-called bad plays of Breeland.

What, the occasional ticky-tack defensive pass interference got called on him? MOST OVERRATED PLAYER EVER!

I know it's all relative to a player's salary. If Breeland wanted Byron Jones money in his negotiations with the Chiefs and fans said, "Give him what he wants!" then yes, I would absolutely call that overrated. If he wanted top 10 CB money, I'd call that overrated. If he's asking for a mid to lower-end starter's salary? I think that's fair. And if the Chiefs have the cash, they should consider that deal.

I think just as you might perceive Chiefs fans looking past what makes Breeland not a top CB, I think you're also focusing way too heavily on just the handful of fuckups that Breeland had earlier in the season and putting him in Steven Nelson territory.

He's an outside CB who has demonstrated he can get the job done, especially at the highest level of competition. The Chiefs are in a money crunch, and I'm fine with letting him walk, but that doesn't make him overrated.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:54 AM 03-24-2020
I know I over exaggerated the weakness at cornerback last year, but I don't see how it really isn't an issue this year. We pretty much have Ward and Fenton and nothing else. I'm not even the biggest fan of Breeland but I like how he played by the end of the year. We need some more continuity and veteran depth there. Without Breeland we are almost pigeonholing ourselves into having to take a corner in the first which is never a good thing. If we had more draft picks we could have the luxury of trading up if necessary, but that's not the case. What happens when there's a run on cornerbacks in the late first before we pick? Do we take an interior player instead of a better talent at LB, OL, or even RB?
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 12:23 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
I think I'm ready to call Bashaud Breeland the most overrated player last year by the Chiefs fans.

There's probably not a single GM who would take Breeland over Fuller for the same salary.

Fuller is a player who was not great last year but who could be a Pro Bowl player in the future.

Bashaud Breeland is a player that you know will give you good plays but also bad plays.

Wait until you see for how much Breeland signs a new contract.

Easily taking Fuller over Breeland here!
Agree 100%. Dumbass penalty after dumbass penalty. He is a physical corner that can hold his own on the perimiter though. If we resign him at a reasonable price I'm all for it. Not even close to a better player than Watkins however.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 12:29 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
Agree 100%. Dumbass penalty after dumbass penalty. He is a physical corner that can hold his own on the perimiter though. If we resign him at a reasonable price I'm all for it. Not even close to a better player than Watkins however.
I don't recall him being disproportionately penalized. Maybe you're thinking of Nelson.

Speaking of Nelson, FUCK YOU BITCH WE GOT A SB WITH OUT YOUR HATIN' ASS.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:29 PM 03-24-2020
IMO, Breeland @ $8 million >> Watkins @ $21 million. Get Watkins down to $12 million and we can have both.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 12:29 PM 03-24-2020
And fuck you too, Orlando Scandrick.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:47 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
And **** you too, Orlando Scandrick.
And fuck you too Dee Ford!! Must’ve been delicious tears seeing the Chiefs win the Super Bowl while you’re ass is on the wrong side
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 12:50 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I don't recall him being disproportionately penalized. Maybe you're thinking of Nelson.

Speaking of Nelson, **** YOU BITCH WE GOT A SB WITH OUT YOUR HATIN' ASS.
I dont have any statistics to back it up and I know corners are out there on an island but I feel like he had so many drive extending holding and pass interference calls. Prime example AFC Chapionship game vs. the Titans when he held on what was it 3rd and 25? Just an absolutely horrid play. Zero excuses for that.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:51 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
And fuck you too Dee Ford!! Must’ve been delicious tears seeing the Chiefs win the Super Bowl while you’re ass is on the wrong side
To be fair he was 4 and half inches on the Chiefs side, so he probably got to celebrate a little too.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:06 PM 03-24-2020
I dont have any statistics to back it up and I know corners are out there on an island but I feel like he had so many drive extending holding and pass interference calls. Prime example AFC Chapionship game vs. the Titans when he held on what was it 3rd and 25? Just an absolutely horrid play. Zero excuses for that.
We went from guys like Terrance Mitchell and Steven Nelson who never met a receiver they didn't like to mug.

People talk about Breeland like he's replacement-level. He's a good corner. He's even better when surrounded by other good players in the secondary who all know their jobs, too.

I guess I just remember consistency better than other people, which is why Sammy Watkins' overpaid ass is getting so much love from Chiefs fans this offseason.
[Reply]
Page 76 of 111
« First < 26667273747576 7778798086 > Last »
Up