ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 76 of 104
« First < 26667273747576 7778798086 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid appreciation thread
Hammock Parties 10:51 PM 10-01-2018
The guy could easily have tried to pump his superstar QB by throwing on the goal line at the end of the game.

He did the smart thing and pounded it three times for the fucking win.

Word to your mother, Pete Carroll.

Oh, and he has mind control over the AFC West. 18-1 in his last 19.
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:45 AM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
You better be careful, or The Fandom Gatekeepers are gonna get you.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
You better be careful or else I'm going to kick your ass at the George Brett statue.

Sent jizz flying everywhere from my dick using masturbation
[Reply]
tredadda 10:10 AM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
43 passes to 16 runs when you’re up 27-0 with the ball and 37 minutes left in the game.

Reminds me of the Indy debacle. It’s terrifying
To be fair Andy has always been a pass first HC and even more so with Mahomes. Up to that point they were moving the ball at will and Mahomes was putting on a clinic. I will say that he should have started rushing more when Pat started throwing INTs to slow the game down some and regain momentum.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 10:13 AM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Sent jizz flying everywhere from my dick using masturbation
:-)
[Reply]
Hoover 10:24 AM 12-12-2022
43 passes to 16 runs when you’re up 27-0 with the ball and 37 minutes left in the game.

The timing of the turnovers killed us. I think this game is almost entirely on Patrick. Turnovers and the Broncos getting the ball after alf time allowed them to climb back into the game. Same shit happened with Jacksonville.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:28 AM 12-12-2022

Yup - this was an odd game and I really don't understand it at all.

On one of those 3rd and 1 plays they had 6 guys in the box and we still threw the ball. I mean c'mon - you have to have something to attack that.

That game just felt stubborn to me. But like I said in the game thread, I wondered if he wasn't experimenting on drop-8 coverage in a game that felt like we could turn things off/on at will.

I completely agree with criticism of his approach this week - it really didn't make a lot of sense to me. Credit to the Broncos for making great plays on the first 2 turnovers, but man - we just kept making it possible for them.
[Reply]
Molitoth 10:33 AM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
On one of those 3rd and 1 plays they had 6 guys in the box and we still threw the ball. I mean c'mon - you have to have something to attack that.

That game just felt stubborn to me. But like I said in the game thread, I wondered if he wasn't experimenting on drop-8 coverage in a game that felt like we could turn things off/on at will.

I completely agree with criticism of his approach this week - it really didn't make a lot of sense to me. Credit to the Broncos for making great plays on the first 2 turnovers, but man - we just kept making it possible for them.
I still don't understand how Mahomes is not calling more plays or even calling more audibles at the LOS like Peyton Manning did. For all of the "smart" and "photographic memory" claims, It doesn't seem like the Chiefs are taking much advantage.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:35 AM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
I still don't understand how Mahomes is not calling more plays or even calling more audibles at the LOS like Peyton Manning did. For all of the "smart" and "photographic memory" claims, It doesn't seem like the Chiefs are taking much advantage.
Because it's Andy Reids offense...I saw a stat the other day about the teams that were in no huddle the least amount this year it was us, SF and I forgot the 3rd but all 3 teams were Offensive HC's that want total control of everything that happens.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:36 AM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
How's Mahomes treat RPOs?

He ALWAYS shades to pulling the ball and throwing, right?

So why do you expect he'd be any different pre-snap when it comes to whether to audible or not?

If this team is going to run it, it has to come from up top. Give Mahomes the choice and he's going to want the ball in his hands.
[Reply]
Molitoth 10:40 AM 12-12-2022

So why do you expect he'd be any different pre-snap when it comes to whether to audible or not?

If this team is going to run it, it has to come from up top. Give Mahomes the choice and he's going to want the ball in his hands.
I can agree with that perspective.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:40 AM 12-12-2022
We're a passing team with the best QB in the league, we win at a nearly 80% clip. Every now and then things don't go your way it happens.

But this idea that when we have a lead we should turn into this ground n pound ball control offense is pretty bad, that isn't what this team is built for at all.

Everyone seems to forget this is suppose to be our down year, we're top 5 in the league in rookie snaps, we have a ton of 1st and 2nd year players. Multiple other teams went all in for this year and here we are still sitting right at the top of the AFC, this team has honestly overachieved from what was expected before the season.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:42 AM 12-12-2022

Yes which is why I think having Mahomes amplifies Reid’s tendencies even more.
[Reply]
Molitoth 10:42 AM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
We're a passing team with the best QB in the league, we win at a nearly 80% clip. Every now and then things don't go your way it happens.

But this idea that when we have a lead we should turn into this ground n pound ball control offense is pretty bad, that isn't what this team is built for at all.
I agree with that, but in the above example and in scenarios where defenses are dropping 8... I think we need to run the ball more (especially when it's working) until the defense commits to stopping it. This in turn opens up the pass...

To me, I can picture a Square Peg Trying to be fit in a Round hole... and Mahomes just hits the Peg so hard that it actually penetrates.
Until it doesn't.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:48 AM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:

Everyone seems to forget this is suppose to be our down year, we're top 5 in the league in rookie snaps, we have a ton of 1st and 2nd year players. Multiple other teams went all in for this year and here we are still sitting right at the top of the AFC, this team has honestly overachieved from what was expected before the season.
There's a difference between being a ground and pound team like the Titans running into 8 man boxes and simply recognizing what the defense is DARING you to do.

I'm almost always the first guy to say 'fuck the running game' - but yesterday it was the right answer. And when we ran, we ran well for the most part. Pacheco was especially effective.
[Reply]
Dartgod 11:23 AM 12-12-2022
There's a difference between being a ground and pound team like the Titans running into 8 man boxes and simply recognizing what the defense is DARING you to do.

I'm almost always the first guy to say 'fuck the running game' - but yesterday it was the right answer. And when we ran, we ran well for the most part. Pacheco was especially effective.
Look at Denver's defense before that first interception. We should have been running the ball there.
Attached: Screenshot_20221212_112011_NFL.jpg (60.7 KB) 
[Reply]
tredadda 11:41 AM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Look at Denver's defense before that first interception. We should have been running the ball there.
They should have, but Mahomes was feeling it. Hard to blame them for not running it when they were moving it so easily and efficiently in the air. In hindsight because of the INT they should have run it. At the time though I highly doubt anyone thought he would finish the game with three INTs in a game that was far closer than it ever should have been.
[Reply]
Page 76 of 104
« First < 26667273747576 7778798086 > Last »
Up