ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 76 of 208
« First < 26667273747576 7778798086126176 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*.* NEW- 2014 General Fitness Thread *.*
penguinz 01:44 PM 08-13-2014
I guess we filled up the old one... http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280149

Welcome to 2014! Now get your ass in top physical condition!

No one else started it so here it is!

**From the 2013 Thread**

If you want to get back into lifting, or need a new lifting routine, START HERE:

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wi...inner_Programs

If you have questions about the SS programs, look here:

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ

Keep in mind that you're a novice lifter for a longer period of time than you think you are. Novice lifting can last anywhere from a few months to a year or two, depending on how hard you hit the weights and where you started.

Once you've reached the point where you don't make regular progress on the SS program, you are ready to move on to the intermediate stage, which can last you for a good number of years. Find it HERE:

http://madcow.hostzi.com/5x5_Program/Linear_5x5.htm

If you're a very advanced lifter (many, many years of CONSISTENT weight training), then there are lot of programs out there, and which one you pick is simply a matter of preference. If you're really that advanced, you should know what works for you and what doesn't by this point.
[Reply]
In58men 10:35 PM 02-11-2015
Originally Posted by Saccopoo:
So, back to serious questions...

For you creatine users out there, do you cycle it? I was talking to a guy who competes and says he never comes off the creatine, but I've always cycled it.

Also, do you wear headphones when working out? I never have (the cord gives me the heebie jeebies), but I've noticed that I'm in the minority these days in the gym. Everyone seems to be wearing some type of headphone. If you do, what type do you prefer - buds, on-ear, over-ear? Bluetooth? Cord? What brand? Why?

Also, I weighed in at 230 the other day (235.8 with clothes on). I had a goal of 235 to reach then cut down, but I was looking at myself at the gym tonight and I look small. I'm thinking that I could easily put 10 lb. on each leg and you'd never even notice and then I'd be 250 lb. and look small, which means I'll have to get to 275 before I cut down and that sounds really ****ing heavy for my 5'11" height. Have I lost my mind or what?

My kicks and headphones
[Reply]
penguinz 10:39 PM 02-11-2015
No need to cycle creatine. $8 ear buds. No way I would spend $200+ on a set of beats that would get ruined by sweat.
[Reply]
Silock 10:40 PM 02-11-2015
No need to cycle creatine.

I wear earbuds. I tried to do bluetooth, but they are always in the way. Front squats and the bar will crush the transmitter, and laying down on a bench makes them fall off. So, I stick with regular old corded earbuds, because they stay in place.

Yes, you've lost your mind. That's almost 100 pounds heavier than me at the same height. That's pretty insane.
[Reply]
In58men 10:45 PM 02-11-2015
Originally Posted by penguinz:
No need to cycle creatine. $8 ear buds. No way I would spend $200+ on a set of beats that would get ruined by sweat.
Get ruined by sweat? :-)
[Reply]
penguinz 10:46 PM 02-11-2015
Originally Posted by Inmem58:
Get ruined by sweat? :-)
I look like I just jumped in a pool when working out.
[Reply]
In58men 10:51 PM 02-11-2015
I look like I just jumped in a pool when working out.
I do a lot of cardio and sweat a shit ton (I even go into the sauna), nothing worse then hitting your cord on the treadmill and your phone goes flying lol. It was an Xmas gift, I love them.
[Reply]
penguinz 10:53 PM 02-11-2015
I do a lot of cardio and sweat a shit ton (I even go into the sauna), nothing worse then hitting your cord on the treadmill and your phone goes flying lol. It was an Xmas gift, I love them.
Run the cord underneath shirt. Problem solved.
[Reply]
In58men 10:57 PM 02-11-2015
Run the cord underneath shirt. Problem solved.
I don't like to keep the phone in my pocket while jogging/running. I put it in the little cubby hole. I would still be able to hit it like that.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 06:34 AM 02-12-2015
Originally Posted by CanadianChiefs:
Anyone have experiencing working out with a nagging shoulder injury (ACJ joint in shoulder) basically a seperated shoulder. Happened years ago when I played hockey. Couple that with the bulged discs I have from playing tennis every day last summer (something just went SNAP) and I've been a couch potato for 6 months. Should I just start lifting very light? I'm also in physio but not sure it's working although I only just started. I'm tired of feeling useless and in pain even while sitting. ****ing suckssss.
I have the same thing bud. Type/grade-I separated shoulder. Definitely start lifting light, and do all your pressing with a "nuetral" grip, elbows somewhat tucked. This will prevent too much external rotation.

I started benching/incline with a swiss bar, as well as nuetral grip DB's, so far so good. Do tons of face pulls too!

http://www.blackwidowtg.com/Swiss_Ba.../bar-swiss.htm

Originally Posted by Saccopoo:
So, back to serious questions...

For you creatine users out there, do you cycle it? I was talking to a guy who competes and says he never comes off the creatine, but I've always cycled it.

Also, do you wear headphones when working out? I never have (the cord gives me the heebie jeebies), but I've noticed that I'm in the minority these days in the gym. Everyone seems to be wearing some type of headphone. If you do, what type do you prefer - buds, on-ear, over-ear? Bluetooth? Cord? What brand? Why?

Also, I weighed in at 230 the other day (235.8 with clothes on). I had a goal of 235 to reach then cut down, but I was looking at myself at the gym tonight and I look small. I'm thinking that I could easily put 10 lb. on each leg and you'd never even notice and then I'd be 250 lb. and look small, which means I'll have to get to 275 before I cut down and that sounds really ****ing heavy for my 5'11" height. Have I lost my mind or what?
5-11, 230 and you look "small"? What is your BF%?
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:40 AM 02-12-2015
I have a shit right rotator. Can only go 1/2 on my bench presses, be they decline, regular, or incline.

:-)
[Reply]
lewdog 07:13 PM 02-12-2015
I buy "nicer" ear buds every few months because the sweat when lifting seems to ruin them. The cheap ones usually last a few weeks before they're shot.

[Reply]
Silock 07:15 PM 02-12-2015
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
5-11, 230 and you look "small"? What is your BF%?
High to "quite high," I'm guessing.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 07:19 PM 02-12-2015
Thinking of wearing a pair of broken beats by dre just so I can work out in peace.
[Reply]
Brock 07:24 PM 02-12-2015
I don't like to keep the phone in my pocket while jogging/running. I put it in the little cubby hole. I would still be able to hit it like that.
Put it under one of your boobs.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:53 PM 02-12-2015
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I buy "nicer" ear buds every few months because the sweat when lifting seems to ruin them. The cheap ones usually last a few weeks before they're shot.

I've found that the Maxell buds from wally world sound decent and take workouts and earwax with lasting gusto.
[Reply]
Page 76 of 208
« First < 26667273747576 7778798086126176 > Last »
Up