ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 76 of 103
« First < 26667273747576 7778798086 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2018 Missouri Tigers Football Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:36 PM 07-30-2018
The beginning of the 2018 season is a little under five weeks away. Missouri enters the year projected to finish 4th in the East, and may be a borderline Top 25 team according to some projection systems. After a disappointing recruiting cycle last year, pressure is on Odom to restock the cupboard after the senior years of Lock and Beckner, who will go down as two of the better Tigers in history and likely first round draft picks.

Schedule:

Spoiler!

Recruiting:

Spoiler!

At this point, the class is ranked 68-69 nationally by Rivals and 24/7. Odom is going to have to rely on Pinkel's diamond-in-the-rough approach. It looks like they've pulled back considerably from Georgia, focusing more upon Texas, which is what they should have always done. Unfortunately, they've done horrific in-state, and I think that will likely end up being the nail in Odom's coffin after the 2019 season.

12/19 Update: A strong finish late in the cycle moved the class up significantly. Securing commitments from grad transfer Kelly Bryant and TCU transfer Shawn Robinson has solidified the QB position in the short and intermediate term. A class that was ranked in the 60's at the beginning of the season is now a top 20-30 class factoring in transfers.

Hamas' Crystal Ball: 8-4; 4-4 in the SEC (wins vs. Ark, Tenn, Vandy, Kentucky)
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:41 AM 11-26-2018
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I want better recruiting, too. But he also has done a very nice job in finding underrated guys. Which is a key part of being successful at Missouri. You’re never going to consistently land top 15 classes somewhere like Mizzou, so it’s critical to be in the 20-35 range and pop some real contributors out of the 3-star and 2-star tiers.

Keys for success for a Missouri coach, IMO:

1) the point made above
2) get a good share of in-State kids you want (75 percent or better). Pinkel did this, Odom has not. Some of that is his staff. Some of that is the 2015 and 2016 seasons. Some of it is that St. Louis is a shithole with weird attitudes.
3) excel at player development

I think Odom is showing progress at 1 and 3. Enough that I’m willing to give him a few more years to get 2 rolling.

Success and stability help a lot with that, too.
he’s been excellent at #3, which is always going to be critical.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:46 AM 11-26-2018
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

As he should at this point. He’s the lowest paid coach in the SEC and has the smallest assistant pool. That needs to be corrected.
I'm not an Odom fan at all, but MU certainly has to correct that. Can't have a reputation of being cheap fucks.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:27 PM 11-26-2018
Anybody know how we're looking with Maliq Carr? I want to think we're in the driver's seat (for obvious reasons), but haven't heard in a while.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:28 PM 11-26-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
So his coaching decisions are dumb enough to lose us 2 easily winnable games in SC and UK and him and his staff can't recruit the most important position in football? Sounds like a winner for sure. Drew Lock stays another year, probably saving his job, and how does he thank him? Hiring that dumb mother****er Derek Dooley to hurt his draft stock.
Wait, you think Dooley hurt Lock's draft stock? Seriously? Where are you getting this?

I know you like to spout off stupid shit to get attention, but this seems out there even for you.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:36 PM 11-26-2018
You have to give him more money, but there is Blake Bortles potential in extending him.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:44 PM 11-26-2018
Also appears we are back in the picture with Chester graves.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:06 PM 11-26-2018
a lot of rumblings that Auburn wants to move on from Gus

Would likely take Auburn out for Kelly Bryant
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:19 PM 11-26-2018
Graves and Bryant would be a pair of huge additions.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:33 PM 11-26-2018
FWIW, Odom has said publicly he has 0 interest in Louisville and I haven't heard anything realistic on Colorado actually wanting him.
[Reply]
Jerm 09:37 AM 11-27-2018
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
FWIW, Odom has said publicly he has 0 interest in Louisville and I haven't heard anything realistic on Colorado actually wanting him.
Always felt like an extension/raise ploy by Jimmy Sexton...fair play to him, it'll work.

Also starting to feel good about Bryant...sounds like it's between us and Auburn and with all the uncertainty surrounding Malzahn and Stidham, gotta think he's coming to Mizzou.
[Reply]
Sully 02:19 PM 11-28-2018
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Also appears we are back in the picture with Chester graves.
Would be huge. Amazing HS player.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 01:26 PM 12-02-2018
Anyone hear anything about what bowl game Mizzou has been spotted down to?
[Reply]
TrebMaxx 02:02 PM 12-02-2018
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
Anyone hear anything about what bowl game Mizzou has been spotted down to?
I heard it will be announced later this afternoon.
[Reply]
gblowfish 02:04 PM 12-02-2018
I've seen a prediction of Mizzou vs. Okla State in Liberty Bowl New Years Eve.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:07 PM 12-02-2018
Meh
[Reply]
Page 76 of 103
« First < 26667273747576 7778798086 > Last »
Up