Page 758 of 4909
« First < 258658708748754755756757758 75976076176276880885812581758 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:01 AM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
26 out of the 32 teams in the league entered free agency with $20M+ in cap space, 10 teams had more than $50M in cap space...

Elway likes to get bargains and there weren't any bargains to be had on day 1. There wasn't a single instance yesterday where I said to myself, "Gee, I wish Elway would've paid him that contract". With all that funny money being thrown around, Elway should be applauded for getting one of the best guards on the market for only $8.5M.
Apparently not all of your Donko brethren agree with you. Go read the Mange.

Most over there are melting down over Elway not signing a Tackle or picking up the one year option on Okung when he had the chance.

Funny stuff.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 08:07 AM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Apparently not all of your Donko brethren agree with you. Go read the Mange.

Most over there are melting down over Elway not signing a Tackle or picking up the one year option on Okung when he had the chance.

Funny stuff.
I didn't want Elway to pick up that option. 4 years, $48M with 20M guaranteed for a guy with Okung's injury history? I'll pass. Okung is good LT, but he's not Ryan Clady in his prime or anything.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:09 AM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Elways white knight :-)
Elway wants discounts but can't get them in the draft. Miss after miss after miss.

Meanwhile John Dorsey has provided the Chiefs with the following last year which add's up to Ronald Leary's $8.5 million salary:

-CB who has most INT's last 2 years. Pro bowler
-G who was statistically as good of a pass blocker as TJ Lang.
-DL who was statistically ranked as one of the best pass rushing interior DL
-double digit sack artist
-pro bowl receiver/returner

:-)
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 08:14 AM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Elway wants discounts but can't get them in the draft. Miss after miss after miss.

Meanwhile John Dorsey has provided the Chiefs with the following last year which add's up to Ronald Leary's $8.5 million salary:

-CB who has most INT's last 2 years. Pro bowler
-G who was statistically as good of a pass blocker as TJ Lang.
-DL who was statistically ranked as one of the best pass rushing interior DL
-double digit sack artist
-pro bowl receiver/returner

:-)
Elway's first two drafts shit all over anything Dorsey has done.
[Reply]
BossChief 08:24 AM 03-10-2017
You can't be this stupid, can you?

Denver has like 3 players on their current roster left from those 2 drafts combined.

They were just average drafts.

Lol

From Elways first 3 drafts, he only has 3 players on their current roster.

Von Miller, Virgil Green and Derek Wolfe.

That's it.

Stupid homer.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:28 AM 03-10-2017
In all fairness to Elway, he has done some good things as GM, but two glaringly obvious things he is missing:

1) The ability to identify and draft talent on the offensive side of the ball (particularly WR and O-Line).

2) The ability to recruit FA's to come to Denver w/o the lure of playing with Manning and the chance to win a ring.

With Manning, FA's were willing to come to Denver and take less money for a chance to win a ring. Elway's problem is the last 2 off-seasons he is still negotiating with FA's like it's a privilege to sign with Denver. Agents and players are no longer taking discounts to play there. Denver will have to 'pay to play' now. We'll see if Elway decides to adjust. Time will tell . . . . .
[Reply]
RunKC 08:29 AM 03-10-2017
obviousoy not as Denver didn't want to keep much of any of them. Take Von out and it's not good.
In fact, Rahim Moore lost you a playoff game.

Montee Ball
Cody Latimer
Ronnie Hillman
Brock Osweiller
Michael Schofield
Ty Sambrailo
Jeff Heuerman

Look at all these busts. Don't gripe about discounts when this is what Elway's drafts look like on offense. He's had every chance but he's been awful drafting offense.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 08:35 AM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by BossChief:
You can't be this stupid, can you?

Denver has like 2 players on their roster left from those 2 drafts combined.

They were just average drafts.

Lol

From Elways first 3 drafts, he only has 2 players on their current roster.

Von Miller and Derek Wolfe.

That's it.

Stupid homer.
The ONLY reason some of those players aren't on our team is because Elway drafted so many good players that we couldn't afford to pay them all.

Von Miller signed a $100M contract
Orlando Franklin signed a $37M contract
Julius Thomas signed a $47M contract
Chris Harris signed a $42M contract
Virgil Green (solid blocking TE) signed an $8M contract
Derek Wolfe signed a $36M contract
Brock Osweiller signed a $72M contract
Malik Jackson signed an $85M contract
Danny Trevathan signed a $25M contract
[Reply]
BossChief 08:42 AM 03-10-2017
What a stupid homer.

"Elway is a god! He's such a great GM that he drafted guys that were so good he decided not to keep any of them past their rookie deals."

The sad thing is you don't see how dumb that sounds.

From John Elways first 3 drafts, Denver only has 3 players on their roster.

Lol

Nobody wanted to stay in Denver.

A lot of those players dissed Elway on the way out, too.

Or ignored his contract offers to leave.

Or cropped Elways pic out of pics they post on social media.

Elway is easily the most overrated GM in football because he was able to sign Manning.

Other than that, nobody wants to work with him.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:45 AM 03-10-2017
It's fun reading the 'my GM is better than your GM' stuff, but it's kind of silly.

Teams are built many different ways, only a few teams can lay claim to consistently building through the draft. Elway has found some solid players in the draft, no they haven't all worked out, but it's not like the team is suffering that much.

And yes, many players signed up for the SB or Bust path they took with Manning. It still took Elway to bring Manning there in the first place, when many here said they had absolutely nothing to work with... and after the SB blowout, they put all their money on the table and fixed the defense.

It would have been great to sign Calais, but hanging in the balance was an extra $6M in guarantees and no state income tax... I'm sure they budget $'s for spots and to bridge that gap, it was too much. So be it.

Would have been great for them to resign Jackson and Travathan last year - and despite what Jackson said afterwards, who knows if they truly could have pulled off all those contracts.

Yesterday was only Day 1 of Free Agency and rarely is FA won just on day 1. Washington always goes crazy early in FA and how has that worked out?

Just saying ... I don't care about the draft history comparisons of our GMs. I care more about the final product and we're far from done in seeing how that pans out for this year.

You kids carry on with the pissing contest though... :-)
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 08:45 AM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Montee Ball
Cody Latimer
Ronnie Hillman
Brock Osweiller
Michael Schofield
Ty Sambrailo
Jeff Heuerman

Look at all these busts. Don't gripe about discounts when this is what Elway's drafts look like on offense. He's had every chance but he's been awful drafting offense.
NEWS FLASH: You are going to have some misses in the draft.

At least Elway's misses still contribute to the team. Dorsey's 2014 draft is one of the worst I've ever seen and his 2016 draft had guys in it like Russell and Kevin Hogan.
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:47 AM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
It's fun reading the 'my GM is better than your GM' stuff, but it's kind of silly.

Teams are built many different ways, only a few teams can lay claim to consistently building through the draft. Elway has found some solid players in the draft, no they haven't all worked out, but it's not like the team is suffering that much.

And yes, many players signed up for the SB or Bust path they took with Manning. It still took Elway to bring Manning there in the first place, when many here said they had absolutely nothing to work with... and after the SB blowout, they put all their money on the table and fixed the defense.

It would have been great to sign Calais, but hanging in the balance was an extra $6M in guarantees and no state income tax... I'm sure they budget $'s for spots and to bridge that gap, it was too much. So be it.

Would have been great for them to resign Jackson and Travathan last year - and despite what Jackson said afterwards, who knows if they truly could have pulled off all those contracts.

Yesterday was only Day 1 of Free Agency and rarely is FA won just on day 1. Washington always goes crazy early in FA and how has that worked out?

Just saying ... I don't care about the draft history comparisons of our GMs. I care more about the final product and we're far from done in seeing how that pans out for this year.

You kids carry on with the pissing contest though... :-)
You're right. All that matters is who's dick is bigger.
[Reply]
BossChief 08:50 AM 03-10-2017
Players still on Denver's roster from Elways first 3 drafts.

Von Miller
Virgil Green
Derek Wolfe

Players still on KCs roster from his first 3 drafts

Eric Fisher
Travis Kelce (probowl/allpro)
Dee Ford (double digit sacks)
Phillip Gaines
DeAnthony Thomas
LDT (top 5 pass blocking guard)
Fulton
Peters (multiple probowl/allpro)
Morse (didn't allow a sack all year)
Nelson (one of the best slot corners in football)
Conley
Ramik Wilson (graded as the top ILB multiple weeks on PFF)
DJ Alexander (rookie pro bowler)
Roches
Oshaunnesy
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:52 AM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Players still on Denver's roster from Elways first 3 drafts.

Von Miller
Virgil Green
Derek Wolfe

Players still on KCs roster from his first 3 drafts

Eric Fisher
Travis Kelce (probowl/allpro)
Dee Ford
Phillip Gaines
DeAnthony Thomas
LDT
Fulton
Peters (multiple probowl/allpro)
Morse
Nelson (one of the best slot corners in football)
Conley
Ramik Wilson
DJ Alexander (rookie pro bowler)
Roches
Oshaunnesy
Not familiar with some of the names, but are you suggesting those are all great players that should still be on the roster? Unfortunately, Denver lost a few via FA after the SB win - always happens.

This doesn't include any UDFA's, correct?

And, some of those guys in the first 3 drafts ... it's not like they're out of the league, they're on other teams. Shit happens.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:55 AM 03-10-2017
And, I have no problem admitting the 2013 draft was a complete bust.

1 28 Sylvester Williams DT North Carolina
2 58 Montee Ball RB Wisconsin
3 90 Kayvon Webster CB South Florida
5 146 Quanterus Smith DE Western Kentucky
5 161 Tavarres King WR Georgia
6 173 Vinston Painter OT Virginia Tech
7 234 Zac Dysert QB Miami (Ohio)
[Reply]
Page 758 of 4909
« First < 258658708748754755756757758 75976076176276880885812581758 > Last »
Up