ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 756 of 791
« First < 256656706746752753754755756 757758759760766 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:11 AM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Dee Ford-- next year's second round pick

Frank Clark- 1st and 2nd round pick this year

And both players will involve shitty future contracts teams have to pay.

No.
But, but, the assured social and mental stability!
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:11 AM 04-22-2019
If they gave up a 1 and 2 for Clark, I’d be fucking pissssssed.

I’m already wishy washy about even handing him a big contract because I fear what it may mean for Tyreek. Add giving up your best two picks this year and I am so out.
[Reply]
bricks 06:44 AM 04-22-2019
**** the Seahawks

They wanted too much for Earl Thomas last year. They’re greedy, unreasonable bastards.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:47 AM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:

I’m already wishy washy about even handing him a big contract because I fear what it may mean for Tyreek. Add giving up your best two picks this year and I am so out.
I might literally vomit if we let Houston and Ford go and then panicked about a lack of a pass rush to the extent that we executed that trade for Clark (especially given his history and what we're currently facing with Hill).
[Reply]
Munson 06:47 AM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:

I would also be pissed.

That would be two years in a row for Veach without a 1st round pick.

We need to build this team through the draft (cheap labor), especially with the monster contract that Mahomes is going to get.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:50 AM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by Munson:
I would also be pissed.

That would be two years in a row for Veach without a 1st round pick.

We need to build this team through the draft (cheap labor), especially with the monster contract that Mahomes is going to get.
That's fine to say in theory...but this team is also very aware that their bowl window will never be more open than it is right now so if they fuck up these next 2 years that will be hard.

I get why you consider that trade, lots of late 1sts are scrubs.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:06 AM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by bricks:
**** the Seahawks

They wanted too much for Earl Thomas last year. They’re greedy, unreasonable bastards.
As SNR said, it seems to have more to do with the agent.

Originally Posted by Mecca:
That's fine to say in theory...but this team is also very aware that their bowl window will never be more open than it is right now so if they fuck up these next 2 years that will be hard.

I get why you consider that trade, lots of late 1sts are scrubs.
I do not subscribe to that theory. How "closed" was/is the Patriots SB window been over the last 15 years?

Have premium QB and top tier coaching? WILL travel. A lot.
[Reply]
Chargem 07:12 AM 04-22-2019
I would have thought offering Ansah a 1 year "rebuild your value" kind of deal is a way better proposition for the Chiefs than a block buster trade for a guy like Clark, depending on how Ansah is rehabbing?
[Reply]
Buckweath 07:16 AM 04-22-2019
I'm not giving anything more than a 2nd and low pick for Clark.

I keep thinking that trading up for a passrusher and signing Ziggy Ansah if he checks out medically can be a fallback option for Veach. Do you think it makes sense?
[Reply]
Coogs 07:45 AM 04-22-2019
Seattle has 4 draft picks. Probably shooting for everything they can get while they have some leverage on Clark. Once the draft is over, they probably have to take what they can get in 2020 picks or maybe even let Clark walk. I'd wait, see what happens in the draft, and go from there.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 08:04 AM 04-22-2019
Rapoport mentioned the Chiefs as interested when talking about the Clark situation on Good Morning Football.

He also mentioned the Colts and Jets.

I got the notifcation on my NFL app so no link atm.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:10 AM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:

I do not subscribe to that theory. How "closed" was/is the Patriots SB window been over the last 15 years?

Have premium QB and top tier coaching? WILL travel. A lot.
We aren;t going to pay our QB the 15th highest QB salary for most of his time here...

The Patriots are the outlier, remember that. All these teams that have had elite level QB's, Roethlisberger is the the most successful going to 3 and winning 2...after that it's Eli at 2 and I'd argue he's not elite but was paid like it.

Truthfully even with a franchise QB you can not fuck up your shot because they really aren't there that often.
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:25 AM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
the agent has nothing to do with what the Seahawks are asking for...wtf?
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:42 AM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
the agent has nothing to do with what the Seahawks are asking for...wtf?
Ask SNR? Follow the conversation? Take your pick?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:46 AM 04-22-2019
Here’s another thing to consider though.

Why the FUCK would KC trade for Clark unless they knew the Tyreek situation was going to work out fine? I mean, you can’t do that really IMHO. Imagine them trading for Clark this week and then having to cut Hill in 2 weeks. The optics are about as horrible as you can imagine.

So if they do wind up making a trade, I’ll be even more confident in Hill’s standing.
[Reply]
Page 756 of 791
« First < 256656706746752753754755756 757758759760766 > Last »
Up