ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 751 of 3903
« First < 251651701741747748749750751 75275375475576180185112511751 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
SAUTO 05:19 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
But still testing enough to come back with 5,000 new cases a day. That's some pretty chilling math...
That was my point this morning...

Their daily deaths are still at 14. Since before noon.

We’re going over 250 today I’m betting
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 05:19 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:

Wells Fargo, US Bank, Citi and JP Morgan Chase have all agreed to waive mortgage payments for people affected by the coronavirus. An additional 200 state charter banks and credit unions made similar commitments, he said.
Too big to fail banks.

The smaller banks probably won't be able to do this.. guess I'm hoping they moved mortgage notes off their books.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 05:20 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefZilla:
prayers for those with jury duty
Mine was cancelled. They basically closed the courthouse and held off all trials for like a month. It's gonna be hell when they open those floodgates...
[Reply]
TLO 05:20 PM 03-25-2020
It's a little therapeutic to just blurt this shit out. I don't want to hijack the thread by any means, but this feels good.
[Reply]
DaFace 05:31 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
It's a little therapeutic to just blurt this shit out. I don't want to hijack the thread by any means, but this feels good.
Out of curiosity, do you have a therapist? A good one can work wonders.
[Reply]
wazu 05:33 PM 03-25-2020
Sure, why not.

I'm 31.
I'm in the "slightly overweight" category, though I'm much closer to "normal" than "obese"
I live in the Midwest, about 45 miles north of KC.
I've smoked about a pack a day for 8 years. I've recently cut down to less than half a pack a day. (Might be why I'm a little extra anxious)
I take a variety of medications for anxiety and depression, and 1 medication for high triglyceride levels. (Vescepa - just a really potent fish oil)
I take propranolol for my anxiety, which has the added benifit of keeping my blood pressure and pulse in a very nice range. (Never been diagnosed with high blood pressure)
No diabetes.
No other medical conditions.
Key takeaways:

1.) .2% of all coronavirus deaths have been in your age range. And that's just looking at people who actually died, so it's basically .2% of the 4% of people who died after getting this. And remember in that number are a lot of people with underlying conditions. It's basically impossible for you to die from this.

2.) As far as United States goes, you live in nearly the ideal place. You are in the midwest, decently far from any major city (but not too far), and the closest one to you has documented a grand total of 50ish cases to date. (About .002% of it's population.) It's really unlikely you'll even catch this disease. Not that it will ultimately matter at all if you do.

Relax. You'll be fine.
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:33 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by AustinChief:
I'm, the source for that was a bunch of posts on Facebook. That's some top notch journalism.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
And stock photos of ambulances!

This is what the ambulance might have looked like...
[Reply]
chinaski 05:43 PM 03-25-2020
Garcetti is saying Los Angeles will be locked down for at least 2 months, and be prepared for longer. He doesn't sound optimistic at all.
[Reply]
TLO 05:43 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I do, but she's unfortunately not seeing patients in person right now. I am scheduled for a phone session with her because her office is apparently in the technology stone age.
[Reply]
TLO 05:44 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by chinaski:
Garcetti is saying Los Angeles will be locked down for at least 2 months, and be prepared for longer. He doesn't sound optimistic at all.
:-)
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 05:47 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Out of curiosity, have you talked to your therapist yet about banning me from your SPACE EXPLORATION MAEGATHREAD? :-)
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 05:51 PM 03-25-2020
Read it somewhere. Found it in my "git ur shizzle togehter" notes. kind of works I suppose.
We are all in this together. Breath deep.

Be totally empty,
embrace the tranquility of peace.
Watch the workings of all creation,
observe how endings become beginnings.”

All creatures in the universe
return to the point where they began.
Returning to the source is tranquility
meaning submitting to what is and what is to be

[Reply]
Bob Dole 05:51 PM 03-25-2020
oaklandhater just jihp.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03-25-2020, 05:52 PM
This message has been deleted by DaneMcCloud.
wazu 05:55 PM 03-25-2020
At what point do people just pack up and move to a place with less hysterical people running the show?
[Reply]
TLO 03-25-2020, 05:55 PM
This message has been deleted by TLO. Reason: nvm
DaneMcCloud 06:00 PM 03-25-2020
The governor announced a 90 day forbearance on mortgages without any impact on credit for almost all banks.

They're really expecting us to get hit hard.
[Reply]
Page 751 of 3903
« First < 251651701741747748749750751 75275375475576180185112511751 > Last »
Up