ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 75 of 136
« First < 25657172737475 7677787985125 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official Golf Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:08 PM 02-07-2015
The original Bushwood thread is overflowing like Craig Stadler's FUPA.

Use this thread to discuss tournaments, swing thoughts, equipment, and golf deals.

I thought we could also use the OP to create a WITB for ChiefsPlanet members. I'll list a poster's name and put their sticks in a spoiler tag, so you can see what everyone is carrying.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:47 PM 02-20-2016
Originally Posted by tmw4h5:
Played Teetering Rocks today. Not very impressed with the course. Weather was fantastic today. I think the course may be more fun the second time as I have an idea what the holes are like now.
For a person playing it for the first time, the design is fucking awful.
IDK man, I love that place. Yes, the second time will prolly help, but get a GPS watch and 1st-time courses become a lot less impossible. The cliff hole (as my son calls it) is fun, and I really like the back 9 when you're teaching a 9-year-old how to play.

So play it again, it's not pricey, and it should be better.
[Reply]
scho63 07:10 PM 02-20-2016
Originally Posted by O.city:
Played pretty well, for not having played much this year. I was even par thru 12 holes, kind of fell apart late, ended up shooting 77.

Played from the tips as much as we could, some of the back boxes the tour guys play aren't available all the time.
7,400 or more from tips? That's a long course with water.

Great score but it sounds like you shoot in the low 70's to high 60's often.

Was the course in good shape?

Ever play Troon North or Greyhawk or the Boulders or Raven at South Mountain or Gold Canyon or any other great Phoenix/Scottsdale course?
[Reply]
O.city 07:21 PM 02-20-2016
Originally Posted by scho63:
7,400 or more from tips? That's a long course with water.

Great score but it sounds like you shoot in the low 70's to high 60's often.

Was the course in good shape?

Ever play Troon North or Greyhawk or the Boulders or Raven at South Mountain or Gold Canyon or any other great Phoenix/Scottsdale course?
We figured we played it about 7100 from the tees we played.

It was in good shape, but my experience with most TPC courses is they get alot of play for being TPCs. Sawgrass was probably the best one I've played, but I think Southwind in Memphis is the toughest.

I've never played any in arizona, have heard good th8nk about Troon though
[Reply]
tmw4h5 09:40 PM 02-20-2016
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
IDK man, I love that place. Yes, the second time will prolly help, but get a GPS watch and 1st-time courses become a lot less impossible. The cliff hole (as my son calls it) is fun, and I really like the back 9 when you're teaching a 9-year-old how to play.

So play it again, it's not pricey, and it should be better.
I'll probably give it a shot again later this year, but I lost a bunch of golf balls today on shots where I had no idea where to aim.
[Reply]
Kman34 09:43 PM 02-20-2016
Originally Posted by tmw4h5:
I'll probably give it a shot again later this year, but I lost a bunch of golf balls today on shots where I had no idea where to aim.
There are a lot of free golf GPS apps for your phone that should help you out....
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:59 PM 02-20-2016
Originally Posted by Kman34:
There are a lot of free golf GPS apps for your phone that should help you out....
This too is true...

Nut I'm a day who's gone through one son learning the game, and I'm on son #2. Son #2 is pretty darn good for being 11 years old, started just after his 9th birthday, but we're still hitting $0.50 golf balls off Amazon.

And it's worth every cent. Heck, every .243 round he shoots is $0.62, so losing a few fiddy-cent golf balls on golf day worries me little. Yeah, we're gunna start reloading! Add to it the cost of hockey gear and the gas I put into the truck for him playing Hockey now, and it's hardly a thought...
[Reply]
Dartgod 10:07 PM 02-20-2016
Sure wish I could have got out today. To much work to do outside the house to pass up the chance unfortunately.

Anyone ever hang out over here? http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/
[Reply]
O.city 10:08 PM 02-20-2016
Yeah, I had to keep the boys today as the wife had a work functiin.

We got to hang out outside all day though so that was nice
[Reply]
O.city 08:36 AM 05-13-2016
So Day threw up a 63 at Sawgrass yesterday. Thats just a ridiculously good score on a really tough course.

There were quite a few 65's so it was playing pretty easy yesterday, but still, damn.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:18 AM 05-13-2016
So Day threw up a 63 at Sawgrass yesterday. Thats just a ridiculously good score on a really tough course.

There were quite a few 65's so it was playing pretty easy yesterday, but still, damn.
Shouldn't you be recommending needless root canals on teenagers to pay for your mistress's cocaine addiction or something instead of watching golf?

/s
[Reply]
O.city 11:50 AM 05-13-2016
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Shouldn't you be recommending needless root canals on teenagers to pay for your mistress's cocaine addiction or something instead of watching golf?

/s
Possibly. They've kind of figured me out though
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:02 PM 05-13-2016
Possibly. They've kind of figured me out though
Nearly happened to me.
[Reply]
O.city 02:47 PM 05-25-2016
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Nearly happened to me.
Posted via Mobile Device

What happened
[Reply]
O.city 08:27 AM 05-26-2016
Well, looks like I'm making a trip to Chicago to play Medinah in a few weeks. Pretty amped for that
[Reply]
philfree 09:31 AM 05-26-2016
Well, looks like I'm making a trip to Chicago to play Medinah in a few weeks. Pretty amped for that
I went to the US Open there back in '70s I was to young to see much with the highlight being my Uncle Earl (Who just passed away a couple weeks ago RIP.) said "Look at the girl! Look's like she swallowed two bowling balls!"

We played Cog Hill #4 Dubsdread. I was 12 years old maybe and shot a 105. Of course I was used to playing Horton Smith GC so it was a little different then what I was used to.
[Reply]
Page 75 of 136
« First < 25657172737475 7677787985125 > Last »
Up