ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 75 of 208
« First < 25657172737475 7677787985125175 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*.* NEW- 2014 General Fitness Thread *.*
penguinz 01:44 PM 08-13-2014
I guess we filled up the old one... http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280149

Welcome to 2014! Now get your ass in top physical condition!

No one else started it so here it is!

**From the 2013 Thread**

If you want to get back into lifting, or need a new lifting routine, START HERE:

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wi...inner_Programs

If you have questions about the SS programs, look here:

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ

Keep in mind that you're a novice lifter for a longer period of time than you think you are. Novice lifting can last anywhere from a few months to a year or two, depending on how hard you hit the weights and where you started.

Once you've reached the point where you don't make regular progress on the SS program, you are ready to move on to the intermediate stage, which can last you for a good number of years. Find it HERE:

http://madcow.hostzi.com/5x5_Program/Linear_5x5.htm

If you're a very advanced lifter (many, many years of CONSISTENT weight training), then there are lot of programs out there, and which one you pick is simply a matter of preference. If you're really that advanced, you should know what works for you and what doesn't by this point.
[Reply]
In58men 09:46 PM 02-11-2015
Originally Posted by CanadianChiefs:
Anyone have experiencing working out with a nagging shoulder injury (ACJ joint in shoulder) basically a seperated shoulder. Happened years ago when I played hockey. Couple that with the bulged discs I have from playing tennis every day last summer (something just went SNAP) and I've been a couch potato for 6 months. Should I just start lifting very light? I'm also in physio but not sure it's working although I only just started. I'm tired of feeling useless and in pain even while sitting. ****ing suckssss.
My brother is 30 and is in very good shape. He recently had severe pain in his should, come to find out he has arthritis.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:49 PM 02-11-2015
Originally Posted by Inmem58:
Yes, really. I ate like shit everyday, it was my choice that I ate bad. WTF are you even saying?

Do you really think I don't know anything about nutrition? Clay isn't the only ****er who can lose weight dip shit. I was at 298 when this started, now I'm at 273 as of this morning. Want me send you ****ing pictures. People lose weigth differently and have their own opinions on how to do so.

You don't even ****ing know me. I do know that 30 diet sodas in a month is more harmful to your body than 3 regular sodas a month. You're ****ing lame bro
No shit Clay isn't the only one who can lose weight. He's also not the only one who can lose weight and drink diet pop. Over-weight people tend to focus on the minor facts while missing the big picture. That's 90% of their problem. If you want to have a diet pop go ahead. Just focus on eating less calories and being active, you'll lose weight. Something like diet pop is not making you fat or inhibiting you to lose weight.

Congrats on the weight loss. I'd gladly help you with workout ideas if you try not to insist on knowing everything.
[Reply]
In58men 09:53 PM 02-11-2015
Originally Posted by lewdog:
No shit Clay isn't the only one who can lose weight. He's also not the only one who can lose weight and drink diet pop. Over-weight people tend to focus on the minor facts while missing the big picture. That's 90% of their problem. If you want to have a diet pop go ahead. Just focus on eating less calories and being active, you'll lose weight. Something like diet pop is not making you fat or inhibiting you to lose weight.

Congrats on the weight loss. I'd gladly help you with workout ideas if you try not to insist on knowing everything.
I never once said it'll make you gain or lose weight, so I don't know where you came up with that. I simply said 30 diet sodas a month is "not healthy" and it's not good for your teeth. I never claimed anything you just said.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:55 PM 02-11-2015
I sense great health butt-hurt flowing here.
[Reply]
Silock 09:56 PM 02-11-2015
I drink probably 60 diet sodas a month, plus a ton of stevia and sucralose in my coffee.
[Reply]
In58men 09:57 PM 02-11-2015
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams:
I sense great health butt-hurt flowing here.
When life throws you lemons check down to a diet soda- Alex Smih
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:57 PM 02-11-2015
Originally Posted by Silock:
I drink probably 60 diet sodas a month, plus a ton of stevia and sucralose in my coffee.
You must have terrible teeth.
[Reply]
Silock 10:10 PM 02-11-2015
Originally Posted by Numbah One:
You must have terrible teeth.
DENTURES FOR DAYS
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:13 PM 02-11-2015
Winter is making a comeback no gym for a week but plenty of healthy eating guys
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:14 PM 02-11-2015
Originally Posted by Billay:
Winter is making a comeback no gym for a week but plenty of healthy eating guys
I'm telling you, invest in a bench and a set of free weights.

I fucking love working out in the living room in front of my 60" flatscreen.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:16 PM 02-11-2015
i'm having a diet dr. pepper right now ya'll.
[Reply]
In58men 10:22 PM 02-11-2015
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
i'm having a diet dr. pepper right now ya'll.
Didn't you create a "stop drinking soda thread"

You suck at life
[Reply]
Saccopoo 10:24 PM 02-11-2015
Originally Posted by Silock:
No wonder you are so fat.
[Reply]
Silock 10:26 PM 02-11-2015
Inorite? I need to get that shit under control.
[Reply]
Saccopoo 10:30 PM 02-11-2015
So, back to serious questions...

For you creatine users out there, do you cycle it? I was talking to a guy who competes and says he never comes off the creatine, but I've always cycled it.

Also, do you wear headphones when working out? I never have (the cord gives me the heebie jeebies), but I've noticed that I'm in the minority these days in the gym. Everyone seems to be wearing some type of headphone. If you do, what type do you prefer - buds, on-ear, over-ear? Bluetooth? Cord? What brand? Why?

Also, I weighed in at 230 the other day (235.8 with clothes on). I had a goal of 235 to reach then cut down, but I was looking at myself at the gym tonight and I look small. I'm thinking that I could easily put 10 lb. on each leg and you'd never even notice and then I'd be 250 lb. and look small, which means I'll have to get to 275 before I cut down and that sounds really ****ing heavy for my 5'11" height. Have I lost my mind or what?
[Reply]
Page 75 of 208
« First < 25657172737475 7677787985125175 > Last »
Up