ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 75 of 110
« First < 25657172737475 7677787985 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Shooting at the parade
Otter 01:53 PM 02-14-2024

Just like #ChiefsKingdom has always been there for me and my family, we want to be there for them.❤️

The @Chiefs have launched #KCStrong, an emergency response fund supporting victims and their families, violence prevention and mental health services, and first responders.… pic.twitter.com/sYMnPgCWL0

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) February 16, 2024

Friendly mod reminder, this thread is about yesterday's shooting. Not about gun control, gun laws, politics, or anything of that nature. If you need everyone to know what's wrong in this world and how you'd fix it, grab your megaphone and soapbox and take it to DC, thanks.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:43 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
There's no way all of them are hoodlums. In the video where they're giving CPR to someone, you can see another teen with a Chiefs jersey who was shot in the leg.
Yeah, I see now that one of them is 8 years old. So there are at least some innocent child victims. I wonder if any of the hoodlums are in the injured group.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:43 AM 02-15-2024

KC Mayor Quinton Lucas said a plan is in place for Kansas City’s St. Patrick’s Day parade.

“We have parades all the time, I don’t think they’ll end.. we’ve had parades like this before without this type of incident.

“I do think there is a gun violence challenge in this…

— PJ Green (@PJGreenTV) February 15, 2024

What has this community come to when idiots can't even puke on themselves without fear?
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:44 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Yeah, I see now that one of them is 8 years old. So there are at least some innocent child victims. I wonder if any of the hoodlums are in the injured group.
If that one witness account is accurate, one of them got his jaw shot off (possibility friendly fire).
[Reply]
wazu 11:44 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by Strongside:
Assuming these will now be treated just like the NFL Draft was.

Single points of entry where security checkpoints exist.

It'll make it a shit show, but it is what it is.
There are already pretty limited points of entry to that big WW1 Memorial hill that everybody is standing on. Getting there from the parade route is a challenge every time because there are fences and barricades everywhere. If they put up a security checkpoint I also don't think they would be overly flooded because people start showing up the night before. It's not some sudden barrage where everybody arrives the last 30 minutes. Many set up there very early in the morning and pay no attention to the actual parade route.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:47 AM 02-15-2024
So there was no security between the fans and the team? IE - those kids could have walked up to the stage and started firing at the Chiefs if they wanted to? If so that's scary.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:53 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
So there was no security between the fans and the team? IE - those kids could have walked up to the stage and started firing at the Chiefs if they wanted to? If so that's scary.
I assume there was plenty of plainclothes security around the stage. But there's no way you can protect the players who get off the bus and interact with the crowd along the parade route. Honestly, I was concerned about that long before the incident actually happened. I assume that at the very least that won't be a thing going forward, and the bus tops may be protected by bullet resistant glass in the future.
[Reply]
George Liquor 11:54 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by dabergtobirden:
rumor on another message board from guy who claims a KCPD connection is that one of the suspects is 16 and was out on probation for a different murder. is that even possible?
It is with equitable justice
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:55 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I assume there was plenty of plainclothes security around the stage. But there's no way you can protect the players who get off the bus and interact with the crowd along the parade route. Honestly, I was concerned about that long before the incident actually happened. I assume that at the very least that won't be a thing going forward, and the bus tops may be protected by bullet resistant glass in the future.
If I'm being honest....that part, IMO, is kind of pointless. Sure it's cool to be able to interact with the team like that but I'm also leery about having the guys drinking while all of that is going on.
[Reply]
philfree 12:08 PM 02-15-2024
We'll see what happens but we can't let these thugs take away our freedom to have a celebration because we live in fear. If the Chiefs 3-peat I bet there's a big parade. Without bullet proof buses or whatever.
[Reply]
wazu 12:11 PM 02-15-2024
FWIW, Mayor Lucas was pretty direct regarding future parades, and that we aren't going to stop having them. Called out we are still proceeding with a St. Patrick's Day parade next month.
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:17 PM 02-15-2024
Alot of misinformation out about this guy but he wasn't a shooter

The man in the red jumpsuit wasn’t a gunman. His name is Wyatt and he was drunk and disorderly. The media is just reaching https://t.co/L4cvGKu49V

— Greg Miller (@GMillerRealtor) February 15, 2024

[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 12:18 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by philfree:
We'll see what happens but we can't let these thugs take away our freedom to have a celebration because we live in fear. If the Chiefs 3-peat I bet there's a big parade. Without bullet proof buses or whatever.
I wonder if the players will walk the route as freely as in past years if we win another...
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:19 PM 02-15-2024
Gang related. Dude in blue bandana just decided to show up to a parade where EVERYONE was wearing red.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 12:20 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
I wonder if the players will walk the route as freely as in past years if we win another...
Or would higher profile players opt out of showing up?

Brittany seemed shaken up on Instagram yesterday.

If you’re someone like her who has taken a lot of hate on social media, would you and Patrick show up?

You have a family to think of.

The fact that we are talking about this is insane. This isn’t normal folks. Or at least it shouldn’t be. We need to fix it, somehow.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 12:26 PM 02-15-2024
Juviniles.....Many of you know my feelings of this.

WTF do they have guns and think they can do whatever they want?
[Reply]
Page 75 of 110
« First < 25657172737475 7677787985 > Last »
Up