ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 74 of 94
« First < 24647071727374 7576777884 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>UPDATE: Ford to 49ers for a 2020 2nd round pick. Official.
Dante84 06:19 PM 03-12-2019

More trade news: The #Chiefs are deep in talks with the #49ers on a trade for star pass-rusher Dee Ford, sources say. Things have escalated and this could get done by the end of the night. Ford needs to work out a new contract with SF, which is a big piece of this.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

The trade is essentially agreed to — Ford for a 2020 2nd round pick. That assumes the #49ers get a deal done with Ford. https://t.co/g4tYK2tWFh

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

[Reply]
htismaqe 09:28 AM 03-14-2019
He'll be broken again soon enough. Just glad we no longer have to worry about it.
[Reply]
Oxford 09:32 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
It makes a fan wonder if the change at DC caused a complete reevaluation of the existing roster and what the FO sees in the draft.

When you add in the fact that Veach has to start planning for contract extensions for players who were part of the #1 offense (rather than the #31 defense), a lot of these decisions start to make sense.

Assuming that our offense can replicate their 2018 performance, just how much improvement do we need on D? Not much, really. More speed. More consistency. A more effective front 7 (utilizing the Amoeba Swim Plus Plunger System, no doubt). Who knows? Maybe even a turnover or two at crucial times?
FAX
You hit this one on the head, and if you have all you have as a player is the last couple of years in someone else's system then it makes the decision easier to jettison the player. Throw in the economics and the clubs draft position/picks/draft depth...... well bye
[Reply]
O.city 09:33 AM 03-14-2019
Are we still arguing about this? My 1030 patient cancelled so iv'e got time.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:44 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
Mother fucking moron:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/dee-for...171441195.html

Dee Ford "needed" trade to 49ers, says AFC title game jabs will "fuel" him

If anyone needed a fresh start in 2019, it was Dee Ford.

Patriots fans will forever remember Ford as that guy who lined up offsides late in the fourth quarter of the AFC Championship Game, keeping New England's hopes alive en route to an overtime win over the Kansas City Chiefs.

But the 27-year-old linebacker now is headed to San Francisco after the 49ers reportedly agreed to trade a 2020 second-round pick for Ford on Tuesday night. And he's apparently very excited about his change in scenery.

"They don't understand what they're about to get - I needed this, bro," Ford told Yahoo Sports' Terez Paylor on Tuesday night.

Ford has good reason to be happy: The Niners reportedly will give him a new five-year contract worth $87.5 million. That's a testament to his strong 2018 campaign in which he tallied a career-high 13 sacks while forcing seven fumbles.

Still, Ford is wary of the criticism that followed him prior to 2018, when some labeled the 23rd overall pick in the 2014 NFL Draft a "bust" due to some underwhelming campaigns in Kansas City.

"For so long, I've been fighting that narrative that I'm not that good, that I didn't qualify as [a good pick]," Ford told Paylor.

And yes, he still hears those who blame him for Kansas City's AFC Championship Game loss -- and apparently is using the haters as motivation in San Fran.

"Man, it's gonna fuel me like none other," Ford said of the criticism he faces.

Unfortunately for the Patriots, Ford's move to the NFC means they won't get to thank him again for that offside misstep. Maybe some other time.
Enjoy never again playing in another conference championship game, you fucking dumbass. Let THAT fucking "fuel" you.

Buttfucking moron. Get raped by a 400 lb man on the Embarcadero and get AIDS, asshole.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:31 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by MotherfuckerJones:
Meh. He’s gone and I wanted to sell high. Disappointed in the trade but we still got a 2. He’s going to be 28 with injury concerns and a back problem. SF can play him that bag
We were SO lucky to get a good 2018 out of him. Can you imagine trying to sell him off past 30 years of age?
[Reply]
JakeF 01:28 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Coogs:
Wait! What? You were giving me shit, and have the same guys? I said no particular order? A case can be made that Kelce and Houston were just as valuable, if not more, than Ford.
Dee Ford
69 pressures(only Aaron Donald got more)
2nd in # of snaps played by edge rushers.
7/8 Forced Fumbles(1st in NFL; Some say 7, some game him 8)
10 turnovers forced by his Pressures(1st in NFL)
Averaged 3.74 seconds to get to QB (4th fastest in NFL, 2nd for Edge Rusher)

Even beyond the normal stats, Ford had a great season.

Houston did a lot of things that were in the stat sheet too. I think he did a good job of hold the edge while still rushing the passer.

Jones,Houston and Ford were our best Defenders.

Neither Jones or Ford was good at stopping the run. It got to the point where even Sutton made the adjustment by pulling Jones on run downs. Houston stayed out there all the time.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 07:44 AM 03-16-2019

Team can walk away next March after a year paying $20.5 million (if Ford plays all 16 games) for 1 year, and has, in essence, 4 years of team options after that. https://t.co/stWU23F2rZ

— Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) March 16, 2019

[Reply]
-King- 08:17 AM 03-16-2019
Originally Posted by Showtime:
Welp that's a great fucking deal
[Reply]
staylor26 08:22 AM 03-16-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
It’s irrelevant. They clearly did not feel he’s a fit.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:24 AM 03-16-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
Yeah. They essentially ought 3 years of control for 3 mil more than the franchise tag.

Ford has a shit agent best I can tell.
[Reply]
Warpaint69 08:26 AM 03-16-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It’s irrelevant. They clearly did not feel he’s a fit.
or can stay healthy and be consistent in production. Basically everything the Chiefs should’ve been concerned with.
[Reply]
Iconic 09:45 AM 03-16-2019

Dee played parts of last season at 6-2, 233 pounds. His initial replacement, Okafor, is 6-4 260 and a more consistent run defender. He’s also better equipped physically to do the stunting & games new DL coach Brendan Daly will teach. So in this case, scheme fit is probably real.

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) March 16, 2019

[Reply]
Redbled 10:01 AM 03-16-2019
So does leftover cap rollover to the future somehow? If so how? If not I sure hope we spend most of our cap savings from dealing Ford otherwise I love how the 49ers set up this contract and could have been ok keeping him.
[Reply]
Hoover 10:10 AM 03-16-2019
Chris Jones!
[Reply]
RunKC 12:32 PM 03-16-2019
Veach specifically mentioned not wanting smaller OLB’s which is why he picked Speaks. There is no way in hell Ford would fit here playing at sub 235 lbs :-)
[Reply]
Page 74 of 94
« First < 24647071727374 7576777884 > Last »
Up