ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 74 of 103
« First < 24647071727374 7576777884 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2018 Missouri Tigers Football Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:36 PM 07-30-2018
The beginning of the 2018 season is a little under five weeks away. Missouri enters the year projected to finish 4th in the East, and may be a borderline Top 25 team according to some projection systems. After a disappointing recruiting cycle last year, pressure is on Odom to restock the cupboard after the senior years of Lock and Beckner, who will go down as two of the better Tigers in history and likely first round draft picks.

Schedule:

Spoiler!

Recruiting:

Spoiler!

At this point, the class is ranked 68-69 nationally by Rivals and 24/7. Odom is going to have to rely on Pinkel's diamond-in-the-rough approach. It looks like they've pulled back considerably from Georgia, focusing more upon Texas, which is what they should have always done. Unfortunately, they've done horrific in-state, and I think that will likely end up being the nail in Odom's coffin after the 2019 season.

12/19 Update: A strong finish late in the cycle moved the class up significantly. Securing commitments from grad transfer Kelly Bryant and TCU transfer Shawn Robinson has solidified the QB position in the short and intermediate term. A class that was ranked in the 60's at the beginning of the season is now a top 20-30 class factoring in transfers.

Hamas' Crystal Ball: 8-4; 4-4 in the SEC (wins vs. Ark, Tenn, Vandy, Kentucky)
[Reply]
Jerm 04:23 PM 11-25-2018
Rumors of mutual interest between Odom and Louisville....def. feels like an agent trying to get his client a raise.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:44 PM 11-25-2018
Pack his bags for him.
[Reply]
bowener 05:27 PM 11-25-2018
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Rumors of mutual interest between Odom and Louisville....def. feels like an agent trying to get his client a raise.
I thought this was his dream job? If he walks who do we go after?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:29 PM 11-25-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Pack his bags for him.
Who you got coming in that will do better?
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:51 PM 11-25-2018

Bye
[Reply]
dlphg9 06:13 PM 11-25-2018
Originally Posted by bowener:
I thought this was his dream job? If he walks who do we go after?
Bring back Pinkel!
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:16 PM 11-25-2018
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Who you got coming in that will do better?
Doesn't matter. He's fucked this program for the foreseeable future with his awful recruiting.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 07:00 PM 11-25-2018
Good riddance. Thanks for playing.

Your recruiting and ‘big game’ coaching has been awful.

Nothing personal, Barry, but we can do better . . . . . .
[Reply]
TrebMaxx 07:04 PM 11-25-2018
Link or are you just throwing shit on the wall to see if it sticks?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:10 PM 11-25-2018
Odom’s options and willingness to move should be taken seriously.

Recruiting needs to improve but other than QB they’ve done a good job with under-radar guys.

I think Josh Heupel fucked their QB recruiting pretty bad from what I hear. He didn’t give Graham Mertz the time of day, and that’s a kid they probably lock up early under Pinkel.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:25 PM 11-25-2018
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Odom’s options and willingness to move should be taken seriously.

Recruiting needs to improve but other than QB they’ve done a good job with under-radar guys.

I think Josh Heupel ****ed their QB recruiting pretty bad from what I hear. He didn’t give Graham Mertz the time of day, and that’s a kid they probably lock up early under Pinkel.
So his coaching decisions are dumb enough to lose us 2 easily winnable games in SC and UK and him and his staff can't recruit the most important position in football? Sounds like a winner for sure. Drew Lock stays another year, probably saving his job, and how does he thank him? Hiring that dumb motherfucker Derek Dooley to hurt his draft stock.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 07:30 PM 11-25-2018
Doesn't matter. He's fucked this program for the foreseeable future with his awful recruiting.
Really? Where? Aside from QB, what position do you not like?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:33 PM 11-25-2018
Really? Where? Aside from QB, what position do you not like?
:-) "Where has he fucked up at beside the most important position"?!?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 07:48 PM 11-25-2018
:-) "Where has he ****ed up at beside the most important position"?!?
yes, that is what I'm asking. Are you suggesting you'd be a huge fan if he had recruited a QB that you knew?

On a related note, I think Mizzou fans are going to love Conner Bezelak (offers from BC, Georgia, Iowa, Kentucky, West Virginia, etc.), but they'll have to, likely, wait a year. Dude is top 15-20 pro style QB in the country.
[Reply]
patteeu 07:56 PM 11-25-2018
yes, that is what I'm asking. Are you suggesting you'd be a huge fan if he had recruited a QB that you knew?

On a related note, I think Mizzou fans are going to love Conner Bezelak (offers from BC, Georgia, Iowa, Kentucky, West Virginia, etc.), but they'll have to, likely, wait a year. Dude is top 15-20 pro style QB in the country.
What does "pro-style" mean these days? Does it mean "can diagnose defenses" or "strong arm for deep outs" or "slow and immobile" or something completely different? Maybe what I'm really asking is how does top 15-20 pro style rank against all qbs?
[Reply]
Page 74 of 103
« First < 24647071727374 7576777884 > Last »
Up