ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 74 of 176
« First < 24647071727374 7576777884124174 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2018 Royals Offseason Repository ***
duncan_idaho 08:24 PM 11-17-2017
It's the end of the world as we know it... and we feel... fine?

2018 is a season of transition for the Royals, or at least it is at this point. Dayton Moore is back. Will he swing full into THE PROCESS 2.0? Or will he try to load up again and make some reload magic happen?

Pending Free Agents:
1B | Eric Hosmer | San Diego Padres, 8 years, $144 million ($5 million signing bonus; $20 million/year in Yrs 1-5; $13 million/year in Yrs 6-8 wth player opt out)
Spoiler!

3B | Mike Moustaskas | Kansas City Royas, 1, $6.5 million
Spoiler!

CF | Lorenzo Cain | Milwaukee Brewers, 5 years, $80 million
Spoiler!

RP | Mike Minor | Texas Rangers, 3, $28 million
Spoiler!

SP | Jason Vargas | New York Mets, 2, $16 million
Spoiler!

SS | Alcides Escobar | Kansas City Royals, 1, $2.5 million
Spoiler!

2018 MLB Draft Picks
#33 - Compensation (Eric Hosmer)
#34 - Compensation (Lorenzo Cain)
#40 (Competitive Balance Round A)

Comp picks explanation:
Spoiler!

2018 Draft Names to Watch

RHP Kumar Rocker, N Oconnee HS, Georgia.
Spoiler!

OF Jarred Kelenic, Waukasha West HS, WI
Spoiler!

1B Triston Casas, American Heritage HS (FL).
Spoiler!

RHP Carter Stewart, Eau de Gallie HS (Ga).
Spoiler!

ANY Any, Any (Any). Any current top projected pick who slides for injury concerns. Includes current top prospect prospect SP Brady Singer, U of Florida.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 10:15 AM 01-30-2018
Can’t believe we might resign Hos. A major step backward. Firiable offense for GMDM.
[Reply]
DeepSouth 11:21 AM 01-30-2018
Looking at the current roster, it looks like there is only one left handed bat in the starting lineup. That's assuming Dozier starts at 1st and Orlando in CF. How important is it to have Left/Right combinations?
[Reply]
gblowfish 11:31 AM 01-30-2018
Brandon Moss just struck out way too much. So who's the DH now? Bonifacio?
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:37 AM 01-30-2018
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Hopefully Soler, since he sucks in the field.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 11:41 AM 01-30-2018
Soler?
[Reply]
Codered 11:43 AM 01-30-2018
My hope is that DH will finally become a combination spot that Soler, Salvy, and anyone else that deserves at-bats will use when getting a day off in the field. Outside of Morales we haven't really had a bat good enough to fill that spot like we have used it.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:44 AM 01-30-2018

[Reply]
RealSNR 11:53 AM 01-30-2018
Outside of Salvy, I think Merrifield is my current favorite Royal. His utility in the outfield and his consistency at the plate is so freaking valuable. I would be pretty sad if we traded him away in the process of a tank job
[Reply]
ChiTown 12:11 PM 01-30-2018
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Hopefully Soler, since he sucks in the field.
pssst. He sucks at the plate too.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 12:49 PM 01-30-2018
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
pssst. He sucks at the plate too.
Heh. Sad but true. GMDM dumped salary. Good. Getting Soler. Bad.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 01:07 PM 01-30-2018
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I still don’t believe the team is going to be all that bad so tanking just for the sake of tanking doesn’t make sense to me. I don’t much care about the money it would take to sign Hos because they have proven that when the time comes they will spend so I don’t think his salary would really prevent anything if the team turns out to be good enough to need to add pieces and in the next few seasons.
This is where I'm at.

There is no way this team can compete with the Yankees and Astros in the foreseeable future. I'd rather watch a team with some recognizable stars and fond memories win half of its games than watch a team with no legitimate MLB prospects lose 110 games every year. We have no players ranked in the top 100 MLB prospects, so that tells me we can't look forward to the next group coming in and learning how to dominate.

I guess I've resigned myself to the fact that this team isn't going back to the World Series in my lifetime, so I'm opting for Martyball over a Scott Pioli team (to mix my sports metaphors).

That's pretty bleak and pessimistic, and I don't expect anyone to agree with me.
[Reply]
Molitoth 01:11 PM 01-30-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Outside of Salvy, I think Merrifield is my current favorite Royal. His utility in the outfield and his consistency at the plate is so freaking valuable. I would be pretty sad if we traded him away in the process of a tank job
Agreed. It would suck to see Whit go.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:14 PM 01-30-2018
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:
This is where I'm at.

There is no way this team can compete with the Yankees and Astros in the foreseeable future. I'd rather watch a team with some recognizable stars and fond memories win half of its games than watch a team with no legitimate MLB prospects lose 110 games every year. We have no players ranked in the top 100 MLB prospects, so that tells me we can't look forward to the next group coming in and learning how to dominate.

I guess I've resigned myself to the fact that this team isn't going back to the World Series in my lifetime, so I'm opting for Martyball over a Scott Pioli team (to mix my sports metaphors).

That's pretty bleak and pessimistic, and I don't expect anyone to agree with me.

We have almost no chance of doing that
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 01:14 PM 01-30-2018
Partially agree that I doubt to see another WS in my lifetime. Two in this market is enough for me. Not a prospect in the top 100. This bleak. GMDM doesn’t have it in him. Neither dies Starbucks Ned. Start over from top to bottom. Bottom to top. Two decades? So be it.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:19 PM 01-30-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Right on. Love the hustler.
[Reply]
Page 74 of 176
« First < 24647071727374 7576777884124174 > Last »
Up