ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 74 of 191
« First < 24647071727374 7576777884124174 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023-2024 NBA Thread***
dirk digler 04:43 PM 10-24-2023
Can't believe the NBA Season is starting tonight. Way to early but here we go.

Lakers vs Nuggets: 6:30PM

Suns vs Warriors: 9PM

Both on TNT
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:15 AM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
From before the series started.

We've seen this exact game probably 5 times in this 10 game stretch. No reason to have expected otherwise.

And like I said earlier - this is not bad luck as much as it is a reckoning. Ham ****ed off with his rotations all season so a team that should've probably been a 3 seed, 4 at worst, is sitting 8. This is a direct reflection of poor coaching.

For the 'regular season doesn't matter' crowd - it damn sure has for the Lakers.
It seems fairly obvious they'd have given anybody a run in the West (but the Nuggets) as well with LeBron and AD playing this well in combination too.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:17 AM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
The "year 21" shit doesn't slide either.

He's been choking in the 4th of the Finals since Dirk showed him his big white mamba.

It's why he's 4-6 in the Finals and will never be the goat, no matter how many extra pointless stat-pad seasons he racks up due to genetics.

LeBron James how has SEVEN game winning or game tying shots in the final :01 of playoff games.

No one else in the last 26 years (as far back as the @Stathead database goes) has more than 2.

The most clutch player of his generation & it’s not close or debatable. pic.twitter.com/hOhrJIHXDE

— nick wright (@getnickwright) April 25, 2023

Career eFG% on shots to tie/take lead in final minute of 4th Q/OT:

Duncan: 42.2%
LeBron: 41.9% <----- (choker)
Steph: 40.8%
Durant: 38.7%
Harden: 38.0%
Kobe: 37.7%
Kawhi: 36.3%
Wade: 32.6%
Russ: 30.7%

— Barry (@BarryOnHere) April 2, 2022

[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:21 AM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Lakers are -7 in both games with Lebron on the floor.

GOAT

LeBron ON: +11 in 387 minutes
LeBron OFF: -60 in 93 minutes https://t.co/tmZ57piSCk

— ɴᴏᴛ (@georgemikan) April 23, 2024

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:22 AM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
It seems fairly obvious they'd have given anybody a run in the West (but the Nuggets) as well with LeBron and AD playing this well in combination too.
And I think Russell had found himself until he vapor-locked against Murray and the Nuggets again.

If they manage to stay away from Denver, they're a WCF team. And there are teams that can/will play Denver harder than LA can.

It's just such an opportunity lost. And it's entirely because of a disinterested effort from the coaching staff for the first 3/4 of the season. Ham just throwing his hands up and saying "Hey - Vanderbilt is injured - what do you want me to do?" just pisses me off so badly.

He blew this season for them. Just completely torched it.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:40 AM 04-23-2024

This illustration infuriates me and shows how bad hero ball is. And this idea that player x HAS to take the shot. Nobody has to take the shot above anyone else. When they think they do you get terrible eFG percentages like this. This is the next evolution of analytics getting coaches and star players to realize this.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:05 AM 04-23-2024
I 100% admit that I'm a bandwagon Nuggets fan, so I certainly have no claim to any sort of basketball knowledge.

But I just have to say I find it kind of hilarious how similar this thread is compared to the last time I poked my head into any NBA discussions (last year's Lakers-Nuggets series). It's still pretty much just discussion about whether Lebron is awesome or sucks and KCC posting tweets to refute the idea. :-)

(For the record, I thought he was about the only Lakers player who looked like a threat yesterday, so it's hard to understand the hate, but I know I have very limited context.)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:11 AM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I 100% admit that I'm a bandwagon Nuggets fan, so I certainly have no claim to any sort of basketball knowledge.

But I just have to say I find it kind of hilarious how similar this thread is compared to the last time I poked my head into any NBA discussions (last year's Lakers-Nuggets series). It's still pretty much just discussion about whether Lebron is awesome or sucks and KCC posting tweets to refute the idea. :-)

(For the record, I thought he was about the only Lakers player who looked like a threat yesterday, so it's hard to understand the hate, but I know I have very limited context.)
Nobody thinks he sucks. It's more Ken Pom Connections mental illness on the subject on display
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:13 AM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:

You could go back a year or a decade (or even two in LeBron's case) and it would be the same here. People are threatened by his greatness.

Also, yeah, he sort of singlehandedly kept them in the game in that 4th Q yesterday when nobody else had anything going. It was honestly one of his more complete playoff performances in a while given some of the defensive plays he made like the old days.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:17 AM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
Nobody thinks he sucks. It's more Ken Pom Connections mental illness on the subject on display
Sucks? No, I don't think anybody outside of perhaps Clay might think that.

Unwilling to accept he's the greatest basketball player who ever lived despite every bit of evidence that suggests to the contrary? Yeah, I'd say so. There's not one player in basketball history who could have anywhere close to the kind of impact he did on the game yesterday in year 21. Instead of simply appreciating that, we have people trying to denigrate him for allegedly not being clutch (despite being probably the clutchest playoff performer statistically in history). Very sad stuff.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:18 AM 04-23-2024
It's shit like saying Stephs titles don't count when LeGM cried his way to Miami to form the "Little 3" :-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:18 AM 04-23-2024
Sucks? No, I don't think anybody outside of perhaps Clay might think that.

Unwilling to accept he's the greatest basketball player who ever lived despite every bit of evidence that suggests to the contrary? Yeah, I'd say so.

There's not one player in basketball history who could have anywhere close to the kind of impact he did on the game yesterday in year 21.
Clay owns you. Especially if you think that.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:20 AM 04-23-2024
It's shit like saying Stephs titles don't count when LeGM cried his way to Miami to form the "Little 3" :-)

LeBron had a 73 win team begging KD to join them just to defeat him. LeBron haters know that this makes LeBron the GOAT, which is why they pretend it never happened b/c if they were to ever acknowledge it, it would make all of their agendas 100% useless.

The extreme insults &…

— Barry (@BarryOnHere) April 21, 2024

[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:21 AM 04-23-2024
Clay owns you. Especially if you think that.
I'm not unaware that he's trolling if that's what you're suggesting.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:22 AM 04-23-2024
Mental illness on full display.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:23 AM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Mental illness on full display.
It's never too long until the resident MJ propagandist chimes in.
[Reply]
Page 74 of 191
« First < 24647071727374 7576777884124174 > Last »
Up