ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 74 of 90
« First < 24647071727374 7576777884 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2020 College Football
Pointer19 06:38 PM 09-08-2020
With many teams/conferences withdrawing from competition this year, it's going to be an interesting race to the top. My bold prediction? Army is the only team to play enough games to be eligible for a bowl and wins the National Championship by default.

Army shut out Middle Tennessee, Navy got destroyed by BYU, and Air Force is too scared to play anybody other than the other academies. Who'd you watch this weekend?

[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:51 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
All his flaws? GTFO I made a thread about him when he committed to Clemson he was great coming out of high school and lived up to all expectations. Again you have zero clue what you're talking about.
That just makes you seem seriously biased. :-)

I have no agenda here, I’m just calling him what he is.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:52 PM 01-01-2021
Dabo should take out Lawrence... can’t risk him getting injured for his future in garbage time.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:52 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Sounds like Andrew Luck.
Luck was a generational prospect too.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:52 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I think Burrow was a better prospect than Lawrence. Lawrence has a stronger arm but Burrow's processing and ball placement was special. Lawrence is QB1 this year but I agree Lawrence is not generational. That player came in the 2017 draft.
Burrow had a great senior season, but my goodness he was surrounded by ridiculous amounts of talent.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:52 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Takes are getting super hot in here. Like reading a GDT.
It shouldn’t be a hot take to say that Lawrence is the #1 overall prospect and a VERY safe pick.

It’s like if you don’t drop to your knees and suck his dick it’s immediately controversial.

That’s how you know the hype is out of control.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:53 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
That just makes you seem seriously biased. :-)

I have no agenda here, I’m just calling him what he is.
You have no idea what he is because you have no clue what you're talking about
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:54 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
You have no idea what he is because you have no clue what you're talking about
He’s only been on the national stage for several years now on the best team in college football. I’d say it’s pretty obvious what he is by now.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:54 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Burrow had a great senior season, but my goodness he was surrounded by ridiculous amounts of talent.
Doesn’t matter.

Like Mahomes, the tape doesn’t lie. Burrow was amazing and Lawrence hasn’t been quite that good yet.

It’s not an insult. Burrow was phenomenal and will be a great QB.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:54 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I think people are getting too caught up with the word generational. The term gets thrown at prospects. These are qbs with elite talent but also a really high certainty of nfl success. Josh allen and mahomes don't have that. They were huge risks. In Trevor you have an incredibly high floor but also a huge ceiling. That's why scouts are doing gaga. It has nothing to do with being the best qb of his generation.
The phrase “generational talent” might mean something different to everyone. To me it’s the guy who looked like Aaron Rodgers 2.0 at age 19-20 in Lubbock.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:54 PM 01-01-2021
Imagine if Joe Burrow had to play 2 more years after last year and he gasp wasn't exactly that good all the time.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:55 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Yeah. Draft Sewell and you have the best young bookend pair in the league.

Jets should stick with Darnold & draft Sewell or better yet trade down & get multiple picks.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:55 PM 01-01-2021
Lawrence has everything you would want as a QB coming out of college. Prototypical size, accuracy, arm strength and he is a very good runner. Oh and he is a winner.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 10:55 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
How many qbs come out of college with a huge arm, athleticism, a proven winning record and experience, solid character, smarts and leadership. What college qb has come out of college with nearly the mix of certainty and upside in a long time?
Mahomes minus the winning.

But that’s only because he played with a bunch of three stars while Lawrence gets to play with a bunch of five stars.

Just because scouts were morons doesn’t mean Mahomes didn’t have any certainty.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:56 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by DRM08:
The phrase “generational talent” might mean something different to everyone. To me it’s the guy who looked like Aaron Rodgers 2.0 at age 19-20 in Lubbock.
I just view as guys that would go first in roughly 95% of drafts.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 10:56 PM 01-01-2021
Lawrence has an eminently punchable face.
[Reply]
Page 74 of 90
« First < 24647071727374 7576777884 > Last »
Up