ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 74 of 140
« First < 24647071727374 7576777884124 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark to KC!
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:30 AM 04-23-2019

Sources: The #Seahawks and #Chiefs are deep in talks on a trade to send star Frank Clark to KC. The compensation would include a 1st rounder, a 2020 2nd rounder and a swap of mid-rounders. To complete it, the franchise tagged player and Chiefs must hammer out a deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
ptlyon 05:07 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
So it seems like everyone is happy about this trade now
Oh fuck no. SDH will be back later to bitch
[Reply]
TambaBerry 05:07 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
god I hate Teicher
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 05:07 PM 04-23-2019

:-) put yourself in Dee Fords shoes. :-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:07 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by jonzie04:
If they acquired him for lower compensation i would be inclined to agree with you. But they didn't. Tell me whats better

Dee ford on 5 year 85m contract
1st round pick on a cheap contract

Frank Clark 5 year 105m contract

No one is going to convince me we're better off with the latter.

Hell, just in the past few years we've gotten Peters (didn't end well), and Chris Jones with our 1st pick (I know Jones was a 2nd round pick)

If we drafted another Chris Jones or Peters, having them and ford would undoubtedly be better than Just Frank Clark for 2019, 2020, and 20201 No?
Dee Ford is not equal to, or better than, Frank Clark.
[Reply]
RunKC 05:08 PM 04-23-2019
This trade will really help guys like Speaks, Okafor and Ogbah.

Okafor may be a sub 4 sack average guy, but with this offense and Jones/Clark taking up all the attention, he might get 6 or 7 sacks and look like a steal.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:12 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Yup, none of that was a criticism of yours. It's just interesting where this entire progression has taken this team.

This was the trump move that Veach had been holding out for all offseason. He tried the Honey Badger/Thomas safety combination and just missed. He probably had this or Clowney or Lawrence on the radar beyond that.

I'm just so happy the idea wasn't to go in there with the guys we had assembled before today and some draft picks. That would've been an epic failure in my mind.

Kinda bummed Veach ruined my Thursday night but excited otherwise. We're going to win a SB this next season.

Yeah, I see it like this-
Yes, we led the league in sacks. We also couldn't stop anyone when we needed to. Teams could run or pass on us at will. The only thing we could do was get some sacks when teams were forced to throw to catch up.

Against the good teams, that doesn't happen. So we lost games where we scored 40 points. Hell, one we scored what, 51?

So you have to take away something, and it starts with the run. 4-3, get beef up front, run stuffer DE's like Okafor, cool. You can't run. You're going to have to throw. Honey Badger is a fierce little fucker, good run player, good pass player too. Serious attitude. gotta like that. We're on the right track. Breeland, no matter what anyone says, is an upgrade over Nelson. We're in okay shape, still got some work to do.

Now you add a serious piece like Clark; great all-around player, productive pass rusher, not a guy you leave one-on-one. Brutal, violent first step, extremely physical player. Serious attitude change. Next to Jones, your pass rush just went from a potential weakness to a serious strength.

As long as he stays out of trouble, this move was a no-brainer.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 05:14 PM 04-23-2019
Ogbah and Jones are the top 2 players at batted balls. They will be in there on third downs with Nnadi coming out on passing plays
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 05:14 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Yes, we led the league in sacks. We also couldn't stop anyone when we needed to. Teams could run or pass on us at will. The only thing we could do was get some sacks when teams were forced to throw to catch up.

Against the good teams, that doesn't happen. So we lost games where we scored 40 points. Hell, one we scored what, 51?

So you have to take away something, and it starts with the run. 4-3, get beef up front, run stuffer DE's like Okafor, cool. You can't run. You're going to have to throw. Honey Badger is a fierce little ****er, good run player, good pass player too. Serious attitude. gotta like that. We're on the right track. Breeland, no matter what anyone says, is an upgrade over Nelson. We're in okay shape, still got some work to do.

Now you add a serious piece like Clark; great all-around player, productive pass rusher, not a guy you leave one-on-one. Brutal, violent first step, extremely physical player. Serious attitude change. Next to Jones, your pass rush just went from a potential weakness to a serious strength.

You're doing a great job selling me. :-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:14 PM 04-23-2019
Such an outstanding move by Veach

Go get a proven, young, dynamic player and give up a couple picks that may or may NOT become a proven commodity

Not only that, but he did it exactly where you hope he would... along the front four, the guys closest to the opposing glamour boy

If you’re mad about this, go be a Bronco fan
[Reply]
ToxSocks 05:14 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

So you have to take away something, and it starts with the run. 4-3, get beef up front, run stuffer DE's like Okafor, cool. You can't run. You're going to have to throw. Honey Badger is a fierce little fucker, good run player, good pass player too. Serious attitude. gotta like that. We're on the right track. Breeland, no matter what anyone says, is an upgrade over Nelson. We're in okay shape, still got some work to do.

We're not going to be much better at stopping the run until we get some LB's who can shoot a gap, or at least maintain a gap. Our ILB's were awful at it last season, and that group still sucks.

I imagine there will still be a lot of roster turn over with that position group.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 05:16 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
We're not going to be much better at stopping the run until we get some LB's who can shoot a gap, or at least maintain a gap. Our LB's were awful at it last season.
Better positions coaches should help out quite a bit.
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:16 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Yup, none of that was a criticism of yours. It's just interesting where this entire progression has taken this team.

This was the trump move that Veach had been holding out for all offseason. He tried the Honey Badger/Thomas safety combination and just missed. He probably had this or Clowney or Lawrence on the radar beyond that.

I'm just so happy the idea wasn't to go in there with the guys we had assembled before today and some draft picks. That would've been an epic failure in my mind.

Kinda bummed Veach ruined my Thursday night but excited otherwise. We're going to win a SB this next season.
Funny to think.....but if Veach lands Thomas......do you think he goes after Clark?

Could you imagine landing Mathieu, Earl Thomas and Frank Clark in the same offseason?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 05:16 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Honest questions.

What would you have given up to move to the top 15 in this draft? Would this year’s first and next year’s second be too much?

If you did that and drafted exactly Frank Clark, would you be satisfied with the pick?
I’m gonna share my own post, because this most accurately describes my feelings on this trade.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 05:18 PM 04-23-2019
I stick with what I said earlier today. Excellent trade! Great job Veach
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:18 PM 04-23-2019
After pondering this all day I've come to feel good about this trade.

Clark is basically Houston in his prime. Win.
Houston was injured ever since he got a new contract.
Ford had ONE good year where his back wasn't hurt.
Houston is 30 , Clark is 25.
Any draft pick we take at #29 will need a year to assimilate. Clark won't. Same with next years 2nd we traded.
We can still find good players at 61/63 to contribute now.
This was a huge move to win the SB next year.

I like it.
[Reply]
Page 74 of 140
« First < 24647071727374 7576777884124 > Last »
Up