ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 74 of 130
« First < 24647071727374 7576777884124 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Official 2017 STL Cardinals Thread
BigRedChief 08:06 PM 01-27-2017
My as well get it started. Here's my "Matheny" lineup.....

Fowler CF
Diaz SS
Carpenter 1B
Piscotty RF
Grichuk LF
Molina C
Peralta 3B
Wong 2B
Pitcher

My "Matheny" Starting rotation

Martinez
Reyes
Wainwright
Lynn
Leake
[Reply]
Marco Polo 03:53 PM 07-31-2017
I can't believe we didn't make one trade. BAU.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:53 PM 07-31-2017
They should change the mascot to an ostrich. :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:00 PM 07-31-2017
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
Pretty bad when the GM of the Blues has has a better year than Mo.
Has he demonstrated any particular acumen anywhere since Luhnow stopped stacking his system for him?

Seriously - what does he do well? It's not trades. It's not free agent signings. So far he's signed exactly one guy to an extension that hasn't fallen to hell over the last 5 years (yet). Everyone else has either gotten injured or sucked.

Since Luhnow left he's done one thing that's actually worked out well and that's the Jay/Gyorko deal.

Anything else? The Diaz signing that looked great for a year (but only after he tried to cut the guy outright first) and then it didn't anymore. Piscotty and Wong's deals have been a mess thus far. Lynn's deal was just absolutely idiotic AND backfired immediately, likewise with Wainwrights. Molina's was a PR contract so I don't fault him for that. The free agent signings have been unqualified disasters since Holliday. At best you're looking at merely annoying like Pena, Wiggington or Ellis. But for every short-term contract that accomplishes nothing, you've had a Fowler or Cecil. The best you can point to is probably Leake, who's been just mediocre as hell at the low cost of $80+ million and a full no-trade clause.

His other trades have just been wet farts; the best you can say is that they aren't full pant-shits but they're definitely not helping matters. While we're giving up the same for Broxton/Moss/Masterson as the Mets gave up for Cespedes (probably more), other teams are identifying issues and actually fixing them. Instead of just seeing how much shit they can throw at the wall in the hopes some of it sticks.

He's goddamn terrible at this job. Absolutely miserable at it.

And he got promoted.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 04:09 PM 07-31-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Has he demonstrated any particular acumen anywhere since Luhnow stopped stacking his system for him?

Seriously - what does he do well? It's not trades. It's not free agent signings. So far he's signed exactly one guy to an extension that hasn't fallen to hell over the last 5 years (yet). Everyone else has either gotten injured or sucked.

Since Luhnow left he's done one thing that's actually worked out well and that's the Jay/Gyorko deal.

Anything else? The Diaz signing that looked great for a year (but only after he tried to cut the guy outright first) and then it didn't anymore. Piscotty and Wong's deals have been a mess thus far. Lynn's deal was just absolutely idiotic AND backfired immediately, likewise with Wainwrights. Molina's was a PR contract so I don't fault him for that. The free agent signings have been unqualified disasters since Holliday. At best you're looking at merely annoying like Pena, Wiggington or Ellis. But for every short-term contract that accomplishes nothing, you've had a Fowler or Cecil. The best you can point to is probably Leake, who's been just mediocre as hell at the low cost of $80+ million and a full no-trade clause.

His other trades have just been wet farts; the best you can say is that they aren't full pant-shits but they're definitely not helping matters. While we're giving up the same for Broxton/Moss/Masterson as the Mets gave up for Cespedes (probably more), other teams are identifying issues and actually fixing them. Instead of just seeing how much shit they can throw at the wall in the hopes some of it sticks.

And he got promoted.
What he said.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 04:28 PM 07-31-2017
Well, with the deadline passing we can get back to our regularly scheduled programming.

[Reply]
bdj23 05:57 PM 07-31-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

And he got promoted.
Hey, at least we got that dry powder.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:11 PM 07-31-2017
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Hey, at least we got that dry powder.
Payroll muscle, man.

Remember a few weeks ago when he was talking about his upcoming busy July? Maybe he overslept.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:54 PM 07-31-2017
If you don't have much faith in Mozeliak, it might turn out better that he didn't trade Lynn, as the scouting department might be able to reap more rewards from the draft pick compensation off of his rejected QO than Mozeliak would have gotten from moving him.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:59 PM 07-31-2017
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
If you don't have much faith in Mozeliak, it might turn out better that he didn't trade Lynn, as the scouting department might be able to reap more rewards from the draft pick compensation off of his rejected QO than Mozeliak would have gotten from moving him.
I don't have any faith in Mozeliak, no.

So I'm convinced he'll extend him for 4/76 or something equally asinine.

Then they'll cry poor when it comes time to add an impact bat and instead they'll sign a mid-tier JAG.
[Reply]
dls6501 01:05 PM 08-01-2017
I am really pissed we didnt make a single trade.
[Reply]
Marco Polo 02:22 PM 08-01-2017
We offered Piscotty and either Weaver or Flaherty for Gray and was turned down.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/m...riguing-offer/
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:25 PM 08-01-2017
Originally Posted by Marco Polo:
We offered Piscotty and either Weaver or Flaherty for Gray and was turned down.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/m...riguing-offer/
Because of course we did.

Why shouldn't a team that has nothing but pitching in the system use it's 'big bullets' (such as they are) for another goddamn pitcher. Especially an undersized righty with an injury history.

The Cardinals can't even target the right people when they fail.

Fucking Mozeliak - what an absolute moron.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:41 PM 08-01-2017
I doubt I have ever hated a Cards team more than this one.
[Reply]
kcpasco 08:48 PM 08-01-2017
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
So you aren't ok with a team who bats Jedd Gyorko 4th and the GM seems to be perfectly fine with it.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 08:56 PM 08-01-2017
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Eh, of recent teams, 2010 pissed me off more.
[Reply]
Page 74 of 130
« First < 24647071727374 7576777884124 > Last »
Up