ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 731 of 3903
« First < 231631681721727728729730731 73273373473574178183112311731 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:00 AM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Exactly.

All I'm saying is that if you're focusing exclusively on deaths that occur as a result of this, you cannot disregard those mental health outcomes either.

Because as you noted - no one wins if they are dead. And the man that killed himself - irrationally or otherwise - is no less dead.

Again - do I believe suicides as a result of this are going to be 1 for 1 with fatalities as a result of the disease? No, of course not. But I think they'll happen. And they'll happen in significant enough numbers that they need to be included in the decision-making process.
How would not practicing social distance help the ppl who are killing themselves mental health? You really think more ppl getting the virus and dying is going to make them feel better?

Unlike you some people value lives over money
[Reply]
SupDock 10:00 AM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
22.2% to 26.9% of people being hospitalized for COVID-19 complications have diabetes.

If you choose to be obese and eat unhealthy shit, you are making lifestyle choices that lead to diabetes and increase your chances of getting COVID-19-related complications.

https://www.aace.com/recent-news-and...abetes-updated
Are you aware of the genetic components of DMII, or it's link to poverty due to the inability to afford healthy food?
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:00 AM 03-25-2020
I don't disagree with any of this. I'm simply saying all sides have to be heard in these discussions.

You speak to the long-term impacts being felt for years, I think that will be even MORE stark in mental health instances. Or family stability. I don't think this is political but it does come in part from my ideology - I think family stability is absolutely massive in long-term health and education outcomes (which then drive further positive outcomes across the board). I think the data on that is largely unassailable. Much of this comes from families that have the financial wherewithal to provide; we all know that money troubles are HUGE forces in family instability.

When you start to impact a family's ability to provide and start to shake their family dynamics at their cores, that has immense long-term impact. Many, if not most, will eventually rebound to normalcy. But many will not. And those impacts will be felt for years. Potentially generations.

Almost certainly moreso than losing a grandparent would.

My sister's an emergency room physician in Houston. My wife's an NP at University Hospital. Shit, anyone who lives in Columbia has connections with dozens of front-line healthcare workers. Virtually every one of my friends or their spouses works in healthcare in some way (I'm hard pressed to think of a single one who doesn't at the moment). I'm well aware of the fear they're facing and certainly endorse efforts to protect them.

But again, that cannot be the only place we make policy decisions from.
i agree here. but opening everything back up and spreading it further isnt going to do anyone's mental health any favors...
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:01 AM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
Are you aware of the genetic components of DMII, or it's link to poverty due to the inability to afford healthy food?
This doesnt exist
[Reply]
displacedinMN 10:02 AM 03-25-2020
But again, there's little evidence that schools have ever been a hotbed of transmission. It's not the kind of close, intimate contact among extreme carriers that is leading to the outbreaks.

Because the boots on the ground reality is that the adults still have to go out in the world. They work in healthcare or essential industry. They go to grocery stores. Then they spend even MORE time around their children and create that prolonged intimate contact that increases transmission.

I don't see it as counter-intuitive, but even if it is - so what? You don't get to disregard data because it doesn't fit the narrative you'd already contrived.

If there's no evidence that shutting down schools slows the spread, why shut down schools? "Abundance of caution" in the face of all available evidence simply doesn't fly.

Kids are carriers of everything. Walking petri dishes.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:02 AM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
There is 2 types of diabetes, Type 1 being the worst and lots of people have it. I think it is mostly genetic.
Yea everyone seems to forget that there is a type 1 that you don't get from being a fat fuck and eating poorly.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:02 AM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
its 100% genetic

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Mecca:
Yea everyone seems to forget that there is a type 1 that you don't get from being a fat **** and eating poorly.

Yep. I have Type 2 and my A1c is 6.1 which isn't bad. I am overweight at 185lbs but I am working on it. It is hard though because I am foodie.
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:03 AM 03-25-2020
how have you not murdered that nurse yet?
well ole sauto went a little crazy for months. people didnt like seeing me show up.

long story probably better suited for another time
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:03 AM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
i agree with you totally here.

and i'm a bit selfish myself, my daughter has had a terrible fight for months (respiratory and heart) and had just gotten out of the woods a couple weeks ago (all over a pos nurse stealing her meds instead of giving them to her...) she probably wouldnt make it through another fight at this point. i'm worried for her.
I'm terribly sorry for this. That is awful.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 10:03 AM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by Jerm:
I just got hired on with them lol...hear nothing but great things about working there.
Cool. What kind of job?
[Reply]
Demonpenz 10:04 AM 03-25-2020
If we mess up family dynamics maybe we can get some hotter strippers that normally wouldn't take to the pole, but since their childhood was fucked they now have issues.
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:05 AM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
See, that's bullshit. How do they know it's Coronavirus and not the flu or a cold? That sways the numbers. And if they are doing it, how many others are counted like that.
the arent counted as having it.

2 of them were in contact with a person who tested positive at the clinton hospital. they know they have it...
[Reply]
SupDock 10:05 AM 03-25-2020
its 100% genetic
There is evidence that Type II diabetes has a larger genetic component than Type I Diabetes
[Reply]
wazu 10:05 AM 03-25-2020
Exactly.

All I'm saying is that if you're focusing exclusively on deaths that occur as a result of this, you cannot disregard those mental health outcomes either.

Because as you noted - no one wins if they are dead. And the man that killed himself - irrationally or otherwise - is no less dead.

Again - do I believe suicides as a result of this are going to be 1 for 1 with fatalities as a result of the disease? No, of course not. But I think they'll happen. And they'll happen in significant enough numbers that they need to be included in the decision-making process.
It's also not just social distancing. Suicide rates hit an all time high during the Great Depression.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:05 AM 03-25-2020
Sauto grabbed her with a massive wrench like Bruce Willis did to the astronaut in Armageddon.
[Reply]
Page 731 of 3903
« First < 231631681721727728729730731 73273373473574178183112311731 > Last »
Up