ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 73 of 85
« First < 23636970717273 7475767783 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Handy-Man Corner
Iowanian 08:25 AM 09-24-2004
I'm tired of bad Chiefs news.....

I thought it would be a good idea for a thread on the Handy-Man.

Do you have any Home remedies, gadgets you've made, advice on car repair, home maint, sollutions to kill weeds in your yard, bugs in your garden?

Use Coke to clean your batteries? That type of stuff.
Home made floor dry?
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:21 PM 02-28-2018
Originally Posted by ghak99:
I would move the garden.
My man!
[Reply]
srvy 01:54 PM 02-28-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
It has been my experience that as long as the saw is mechanically OK, damn near any chainsaw works great if it has a sharp blade and you cut straight with it.

Damn near any chainsaw won't cut shit if the blade is garbage or you get cockeyed.

Moral of the story - mind the blade!
I agree. Where I work we have stihl and jonsered they were good saws for sure but finicky and really were not well suited for the abuse so many crews who didnt care gave them. The best saw we had and the one I always chose if it was available a 18 in Homelite. We bought that saw on way to jobsite from payless cashways. We had the Stihl and jonsered in shop for maintenance and needed now. That sucker is still kicking no telling how many miles of line that saw has cut out of a forest.
[Reply]
srvy 02:05 PM 02-28-2018
That Homelite is legend around the shop. I bought same model for home from Sutherland Lumber for 60 bucks as a refurb and its been going strong since 1980.

Dad bought a second hand Wards Westbend 820 when I was a kid it weighed a ton so he bought a new Remington gas chainsaw and took the westbends motor and made us a gocart. That thing would haul ass easy 50 60 mph but felt like 120. Mom thought me and my brother were gonna kill ourselves so it was sold from under us while at school. She was probably right.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 02:15 PM 02-28-2018
:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)

I would move the garden.

[Reply]
tooge 02:23 PM 02-28-2018
I have two Stihl saws. Both are over 20 years old and work great. I sharpen the blades myself with a Dremmel adapter and stone, and other than tune ups, they are super dependable. Your saw should accept an 18" bar no?
[Reply]
srvy 02:26 PM 02-28-2018
Westbend 820 gocart motor. This one is a beauty.

[Reply]
cooper barrett 02:29 PM 02-28-2018
Originally Posted by srvy:
That Homelite is legend around the shop. I bought same model for home from Sutherland Lumber for 60 bucks as a refurb and its been going strong since 1980.

Dad bought a second hand Wards Westbend 820 when I was a kid it weighed a ton so he bought a new Remington gas chainsaw and took the westbends motor and made us a gocart. That thing would haul ass easy 50 60 mph but felt like 120. Mom thought me and my brother were gonna kill ourselves so it was sold from under us while at school. She was probably right.
Nobody warts to hear about your 55 year old chainsaw go cart???:-):-):-)

[Reply]
Manila-Chief 02:34 PM 02-28-2018
I would move the garden.
My wife (and the subdivision) will not allow me to put it in the front yard. Only have 1.75 acres.

When we moved here it was okay, but I learned that trees grow fast. (And, we had another space at my now departed Mother-in-laws place.) If I had of had the insight those trees would have been much easier to cut.
[Reply]
srvy 02:43 PM 02-28-2018
Restored vintage Wards powercraft with westbend 820 2 cycle.

[Reply]
cooper barrett 02:44 PM 02-28-2018
Originally Posted by tooge:
I have two Stihl saws. Both are over 20 years old and work great. I sharpen the blades myself with a Dremmel adapter and stone, and other than tune ups, they are super dependable. Your saw should accept an 18" bar no?
my 045 super is 75cc made in 1976

My Stihl is the same but it only calls for 16 or 20

I think they busted back on the parts numbers looks like 12-16-20 -24
[Reply]
srvy 02:47 PM 02-28-2018
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
Nobody warts to hear about your 55 year old chainsaw go cart???:-):-):-)
Go carts were fun chainsaws are work.
[Reply]
srvy 02:52 PM 02-28-2018
Anyway sorry to have de-railed.

I will say I agree with Beuhler most chainsaws will do very well if you take care and keep chain sharp and cleaned of pitch. Cedar is sappy and is a bastard on saws found that out clearing centerline for Wilson Creek National Battlefield in Republic Mo.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 03:03 PM 02-28-2018
Anyway sorry to have de-railed.

I will say I agree with Beuhler most chainsaws will do very well if you take care and keep chain sharp and cleaned of pitch. If they start as carbs didn't like ethanol. Cedar is sappy and is a bastard on saws found that out clearing centerline for Wilson Creek National Battlefield in Republic Mo.
Soft wood and sticky. Only cut cedar when it's cold as **** and knots that were hard as hell.

I've been at Wilson's Creek. I had a screaming child (cutting teeth) in the car but I remember the road around it. I must have circled it 10 times before she went to sleep.
[Reply]
srvy 03:52 PM 02-28-2018
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
Soft wood and sticky. Only cut cedar when it's cold as **** and knots that were hard as hell.

I've been at Wilson's Creek. I had a screaming child (cutting teeth) in the car but I remember the road around it. I must have circled it 10 times before she went to sleep.
Wasnt born yesterday. Construction doesnt wait for change of seasons. It was summer and bulldozers dont like to wait for their centerline stakes and clearing limits. I probably staked that ring road 5 to 10 times after alignment changes because the archaeologists would find artifacts. Federal gov project took 5 years before construction ever got started with all the change orders. It was a fun job in beautiful country especially the fall. Most the line was cut with ditch bank blade and machete till National Park Service gave up permission to use chainsaws. We used a homelite it was marvelous.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:14 PM 02-28-2018
Go carts were fun chainsaws are work.
Want

[Reply]
Page 73 of 85
« First < 23636970717273 7475767783 > Last »
Up