ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 73 of 101
« First < 23636970717273 7475767783 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Cleveland Browns (Divisional Round)
TLO 07:49 PM 01-10-2021
A little surprised, but not THAT surprised.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:33 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by thabear04:
I assume he is talking about the Chiefs correct? :-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:34 PM 01-14-2021
2 broke dick scrubs tweeting from the tubs? Yeah, we're equal.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:35 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by Hiko:
Yeah, I didn’t read all... 700 pages... of this thread before posting so I have no clue what was said before me. So I didn’t see what you’re referring to but I have no doubt that a fan base that has so little experience with winning would become toxically obnoxious once they finally did. Especially the kids in their 20’s that have only heard legends of the late 80’s teams.

So now that we’re past that, we on the Browns boards are very familiar with that PFF article about the Jets game. What it fails to account for is that the Jets were constantly run blitzing Corners because they had no fear of the WRs. Those don’t count as “in the box” for PFF but they certainly entered that box in a hurry. And when they didn’t, the Jets had the LBs crashing the gaps since they didn’t mind putting Safeties on the TEs and leaving their Corners on islands.

And Baker didn’t have a great game. Even with the new WRs if he’d been better then they should’ve been able to pass the Jets out of that defensive set.

Cuz that’s the real way to shut down the Browns O, stop the pass. In the games where the Browns have been unable to pass effectively (the Jets game and the 3 bad weather games, especially that Raiders game where even attempting a pass was crazy) even mediocre defenses have been able to shut down the run. The Browns aren’t the Ravens where they’re gonna be successful running the ball no matter what. The Browns often have to pass to set up the run because teams theorize that stopping the run is the key (which is why the Browns are so good with play action).

But if the Browns’ passing game is working then they are a potent potent offense, thus why I think them scoring over 30 is likely. The circumstances that plagued them in those bad games won’t apply (unless Baker just has a bad game).

Which won’t help them if the Chiefs score 45, which there’s no rational reason on my part to think won’t happen.

I could of course be massively wrong, it would hardly be the first time.
I will say this:

The Chiefs secondary is one of the very best the Browns have seen all season. They're talented, well-coached, and led by one of the headiest safeties I've seen in my 30+ years of watching football. Tyrann Mathieu is one of the best ever.

The Browns may be forced into their running game more than you want because that's the weakness of the Chiefs defense more than anything else. They're as close to a lockdown pass defense as their is and would be even better if the line could get any push at all most games.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:40 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I will say this:

The Chiefs secondary is one of the very best the Browns have seen all season. They're talented, well-coached, and led by one of the headiest safeties I've seen in my 30+ years of watching football. Tyrann Mathieu is one of the best ever.

The Browns may be forced into their running game more than you want because that's the weakness of the Chiefs defense more than anything else. They're as close to a lockdown pass defense as their is and would be even better if the line could get any push at all most games.
Weird how we were worried about the DBs going into this season and not about the D line.
[Reply]
DawgDays 01:47 PM 01-14-2021
I will say this:

I was crushed when you guys signed him. Browns fans thought we had a shot at him.

Baker had some kind words for him yesterday... and pretty much hit the nail on the head.

“He’s got amazing ball skills,” Mayfield said. “When the ball is in the air he’s not a true typical DB, he’s got skills like an offensive player. So I’d say it starts there but he’s a ballplayer. He’s got so much recognition of schemes and concepts to where he can recognize stuff and be in the right place at the right time. And he’s a passionate guy that always leads his guy and he’s always on the ball.

So I mean, he’s a complete player. And you know, people have always said that he was too small and this and that. But he never plays like that and never will.”

[Reply]
New World Order 01:47 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I assume he is talking about the Chiefs correct? :-)
I think hes talking about the rams
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:48 PM 01-14-2021
That's a pretty cool quote. Thanks!
[Reply]
Hiko 01:49 PM 01-14-2021
I will say this:

Noted. I’m assuming they’ll run a bunch of quick hits short to mid range to combat that - their WR corps is just OK and they didn’t even take a deep shot against PIT (of course they were up big quick so there was no reason to).

I would also like to caveat that I withdraw my 30 point prediction if any of their OL gets hurt. They’ve already lost their top 3 backup Guards. The guy that Baker had never met until game day did fine for 14 plays but who knows if that would hold up for longer.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:51 PM 01-14-2021
CEH, Watkins, and Gay didn’t practice today.

Awesome.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:53 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:

Awesome.
Having CEH would be nice on Sunday.
Must have had some issues after yesterday's practice.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:53 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by Hiko:
Noted. I’m assuming they’ll run a bunch of quick hits short to mid range to combat that - their WR corps is just OK and they didn’t even take a deep shot against PIT (of course they were up big quick so there was no reason to).

I would also like to caveat that I withdraw my 30 point prediction if any of their OL gets hurt. They’ve already lost their top 3 backup Guards. The guy that Baker had never met until game day did fine for 14 plays but who knows if that would hold up for longer.
The short passing game will play right into the Chiefs hands, unfortunately. The way the Raiders did it was to shed their horizontal and intermediate passing game (which the Chiefs expected because that's what they always do against them) and the Raiders went bombs away.

I expect the Chiefs to play a lot of nickel base, which they do against most teams. They'll flood the field sideline to sideline and defend the run out of nickel while taking away the short passes. The key to beating the Chiefs is to 1) take the top off the defense and 2) win matchups in the running game afterwards.

Using the short passing game to setup the run allows the Chiefs to run base nickel as much as they want, which would be bad for the Browns. That's when a guy like Dan Sorenson gets on the field more. He's not physically gifted but, especially in the playoffs, for every whiff he makes, he also does something crazy like creating turnovers at the best possible times.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:55 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:

Awesome.
CEH and Gay were to be expected. Watkins can fuck off.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:01 PM 01-14-2021
Damn, I was hoping CEH and Gay would make it. Doubtful at this point.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:07 PM 01-14-2021

[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:09 PM 01-14-2021

[Reply]
Page 73 of 101
« First < 23636970717273 7475767783 > Last »
Up