ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 73 of 111
« First < 23636970717273 7475767783 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2020 NFL Free Agency Thread *****
saphojunkie 11:39 AM 03-16-2020
Certified Corona free.

Post here. Pertinent free agent signings can still have their own thread. Anyone who replies with a Q, because something is buried in this thread should blah blah AIDS tree.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 07:40 AM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
I agree, Brad Veach is a hell of a guy.
Damnit, Brad!!!! :-)
[Reply]
Hoover 07:59 AM 03-24-2020
I think Spags knows his spot and being the DC for an Andy Reid team with Mahomes at QB is about as plum of a coaching gig as you will find.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:11 AM 03-24-2020
It'd be nice if the Chiefs could create some money there are some budget FA's that would be nice fits here still left...

Ronald Darby/Breeland
Nigel Bradham
Mike Daniels
Marcel Dareus

There's some nice pieces still out there.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:22 AM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Need speaks to do something this year

I’m optimistic he will.

Kpassagnon was completely lost and ineffective prior to last season, and was a productive, above-average player in the new scheme.

Speaks fits the profile of DL that works in this scheme. He’s a big, strong guy who should hold up nicely against the run while also being able to rush the passer inside and outside.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:22 AM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
I agree, Brad Veach is a hell of a guy.
Pretty sure his name is Burt
[Reply]
Mecca 08:26 AM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Pretty sure his name is Burt

[Reply]
RunKC 09:06 AM 03-24-2020
This would be good if we can get the price right.

My understanding is the #Chiefs have remained in touch with free-agent CB Bashaud Breeland.

Kansas City would need to make other moves to afford Breeland, with less than $1M in cap space.

Breeland starred for KC last year, highlighted by his INT in Super Bowl LIV

— Matt Verderame (@MattVerderame) March 24, 2020

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:07 AM 03-24-2020
Yes on Breeland! Probably 8-10 mil a year tho
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:12 AM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
This would be good if we can get the price right.

Cut Watkins and LDT.....bring back Breeland and Pennell. Sign Perriman to a one year deal.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:13 AM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Cut Watkins and LDT.....bring back Breeland and Pennell. Sign Perriman to a one year deal.
To me it's weird they haven't done anything with either, no one assumes those guys are coming back with those contracts you'd think right?

Also think the Chiefs could be in the Xavier Rhodes market since hes likely to sign a prove it deal.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:18 AM 03-24-2020
I mostly understand the Jones negotiation taking some time. But I don't get the hold up with Watkins. The free agency market has been pretty bad for receivers outside of Amari Cooper. Watkins likely won't strike it big in FA. He's been overpaid for what he's done here, but that's okay considering what he did in the postseason. He should consider this and be happy to take a bit of a paycut along with an extension. Something like 3 years/$36 million and dropping his cap number this year to $10 million seems ideal for both sides. Of course, Watkins seems to have an overinflated opinion of himself. So if he won't play along he needs to take a hike. Simple as that, shouldn't take multiple weeks to negotiate.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:23 AM 03-24-2020
If Sammy wants to play hard ball, just cut him. He’s not worth anywhere near as valuable as he claims.

He’s a luxury item that wasn’t used from week 2 until January. Cut him and draft Chase Claypool.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:43 AM 03-24-2020
Royals fans had a hard time letting go of Alex Gordon. "We don't win the World Series without Gordon!" So in an effort to make another playoff run in 2016, they kept him. Paid him a longterm deal, even if it was reasonable at the time. Extending Watkins might be "reasonable" and would reduce the cap hit, but is it smart?

Nearly all of these players are expendable, gentlemen. All of them except one.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:44 AM 03-24-2020
Two of the biggest postseason stars have 1 year remaining on their contract, Watkins and D Will. If you could only keep one who would it be?
[Reply]
Mecca 09:45 AM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Two of the biggest postseason stars have 1 year remaining on their contract, Watkins and D Will. If you could only keep one who would it be?
The Chiefs were just one of the worst rushing teams in the entire league, replacing Williams likely gives you an upgrade.
[Reply]
Page 73 of 111
« First < 23636970717273 7475767783 > Last »
Up