ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 73 of 163
« First < 23636970717273 7475767783123 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Major Update on Tyreek Hill [old thread, don't freak out]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:44 AM 04-24-2019

Today at 3:00, Steve will be holding a press conference regarding the criminal investigation involving Tyreek Hill and Crystal Espinal. This will be held in our 4th floor conference room.

— Johnson County KS DA (@JohnsonCoDA) April 24, 2019

From @NFLTotalAccess: The latest on #Chiefs WR Tyreek Hill... pic.twitter.com/5xEpODrhuf

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 25, 2019

[Reply]
DTVietnam 09:37 PM 04-24-2019
this doesnt seem like its quite over yet

From @NFLTotalAccess: The latest on #Chiefs WR Tyreek Hill... pic.twitter.com/5xEpODrhuf

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 25, 2019

[Reply]
Why Not? 09:38 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by chargerstickum:
The dumbass prosecutor needs to convict both of them, because it doesn't matter who did it, the other is an accessory because concealment of a crime is itself a crime. Must be a chiefs fan.
Know how we know you’re not an attorney?
[Reply]
Redbled 09:39 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by chargerstickum:
The dumbass prosecutor needs to convict both of them, because it doesn't matter who did it, the other is an accessory because concealment of a crime is itself a crime. Must be a chiefs fan.
Get used to that view back in the pack.
[Reply]
FAX 09:40 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by arrwheader:
Agree if you want to say he did it charge him or her and try and prove it. If you have so little evidence as that you cannot prosecute then don’t say that.

Yes I understand the press conference just don’t agree with the “a crime did happen” part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was a strange presser that basically turned into a Freshman Civics class.

A real stomach-turner for me. Charge or don't charge. That used to be the rule. And it's "supposedly" the rule today.

Wallowing in the gray area simply to fawn and smarm for a rabid media isn't really fair to anyone ... including the public. I'm assuming that Baldy The Unctuous is planning to run for office and wants the media on his side. Go figure.

FAX
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:40 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by DTVietnam:
this doesnt seem like its quite over yet

League had to say something. Draft is this week, this will be forgotten about outside of this board and in KC by week’s end. League will move on.
[Reply]
In58men 09:40 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by tk13:
It's easy to go homer on this, but the guy literally has one of the worst reputations in the league because of what he did in college. Very few people are going to give him the benefit of the doubt. He may not have done it, but he's obviously not cooperating with the investigation and a kid was apparently hurt. Just a terrible look.

I am not sure there is going to be enough to suspend him, even with Goodell's powers. I can't imagine Clark is going to give him a huge contract now though. There's no way you can give 100M to a guy who punched his pregnant girlfriend and then didn't cooperate in an investigation where his son was seriously hurt. There's just no way.
Like I said, this is still fresh. In a few months things will blow over. He’ll be involved in charity events etc etc. He’s going to do everything he can to make himself look like a great role model.
[Reply]
In58men 09:41 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
League had to say something. Draft is this week, this will be forgotten about outside of this board and in KC by week’s end. League will move on.
Yep, the fans will be talking about their draft picks and forget about Hill.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:42 PM 04-24-2019
Hill will get extended. You heard it here first
[Reply]
KS Smitty 09:43 PM 04-24-2019
My "problem" with the DA's comments are him admitting the fact that there's not enough evidence to prosecute yet being certain a crime was committed and being very assertive of that opinion.

It's innocent until proven guilty and if there's not enough evidence to issue an arrest warrant and/or bring it to trial, let alone prove guilt, they're innocent. This is the way our justice system is set up. Never fear though we have the court of public opinion and the freedom of the press to keep the a narrative alive. Also, if it was the family down the street I wouldn't even be aware it was happening yet this is national news.

It goes without saying that I am against child abuse in any form.
[Reply]
synthesis2 09:45 PM 04-24-2019
I’m a huge chiefs fan and it’s tough to watch and listen to this unfold. I hate to say it and I know nothing I say matters nor will they do this but I’d like him to play out this season, then we franchise and trade him for a 1st and 3rd next year. If he is on his best behavior you hope some of this fades. I just potentially see future issues down the road but if he balls for 1200 plus yards. 10 plus yes I think at his age someone will pay us a good price and then we can move on. Love the guy but just don’t think his luck will be on his side for the next few years. So my ideal is play 2019 and tag and trade in 2020. What we should of done with hunt .
[Reply]
Luv it 09:47 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by KS Smitty:
My "problem" with the DA's comments are him admitting the fact that there's not enough evidence to prosecute yet being certain a crime was committed and being very assertive of that opinion.

It's innocent until proven guilty and if there's not enough evidence to issue an arrest warrant and/or bring it to trial, let alone prove guilt, they're innocent. This is the way our justice system is set up. Never fear though we have the court of public opinion and the freedom of the press to keep the a narrative alive. Also, if it was the family down the street I wouldn't even be aware it was happening yet this is national news.

It goes without saying that I am against child abuse in any form.
It’s messed up to come out and say that he did, we just can’t prove it. Then then then say we can’t comment on details because it’s a CPS case...
[Reply]
TribalElder 09:51 PM 04-24-2019
Salty people
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...case/#comments
[Reply]
jd1020 09:51 PM 04-24-2019
Where did the DA specifically say that Hill did it? It seems some people have forgotten it was an investigation into him AND his wife and because nobody is talking they can't charge any one.

It's not the first or last time a crime has/will have been committed and no charges will be filed because no one is talking.
[Reply]
tk13 09:54 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:
Like I said, this is still fresh. In a few months things will blow over. He’ll be involved in charity events etc etc. He’s going to do everything he can to make himself look like a great role model.
I don't think it'll ever go away, just because of his history. That may or may not be fair, but I think most people who aren't emotionally attached to the Chiefs will probably tie him to this.

If this was the first time something had happened, he would probably be fine, but he came into the league with one of the biggest red flags of any player in recent history.
[Reply]
FAX 09:55 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Luv it:
It’s messed up to come out and say that he did, we just can’t prove it. Then then then say we can’t comment on details because it’s a CPS case...
To be precise ... Baldy didn't say Tyreek did anything. It's important to remember that this particular investigation involved both Tyreek and Baby Mama (keeping in mind that Tyreek's name wasn't on the second complaint ... the first one having been dropped months ago).

What Baldy said was he didn't have enough to charge "anyone". He also implied that there were more people associated with this investigation than just the parents.

Many people take the mental shortcut (and understandably so) because of Tyreek's past plea deal. He might as well have a scarlet "A" stamped on his forehead at this point.

FAX
[Reply]
Page 73 of 163
« First < 23636970717273 7475767783123 > Last »
Up