ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 73 of 151
« First < 23636970717273 7475767783123 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2019/2020 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread*****
saphojunkie 02:55 PM 04-09-2019
Welcome back, my friends.

The night is dark and full of sophomores. We were due a down year, but it's back to hunting banners.

Thread to be updated as new developments emerge.

RETURNING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

LEAVING PLAYERS:
Spoiler!

INCOMING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

IMPORTANT GAMES:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
ChiefaRoo 09:08 AM 01-22-2020
Death penalty. Both programs.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:10 AM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Not sure but KSU made a free throw so possibly.
I don't gamble, so I could have it wrong, but CBS said KU was -14.5 and the game ended up 60-81. There might have been some 2nd half or over bets or something that might have been affected, but I'm probably not smart enough to dig those up.
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:11 AM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
None of my KSU guys talk basketball. Surely KSU is under performing this year. Weber has no chance at getting dumped here?
Weber isn't going anywhere. He's won (shared 2 B12 Titles in 7 years). I don't care for him, but he's in solid shape at K-State. Plus, he's got a good class of FR coming in next year.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:12 AM 01-22-2020
Kansas and their Universities :-)
What an embarrassment to the NCAA.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:12 AM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
There is 50-50 equal blame to this one. De Sousa, McCormick, Antonio Gordon and James Love should all get suspensions. De Sousa picking up the stool was an awful look, and he’s fortunate that didn’t go any further. I’m guessing his suspension will be the most harsh, along with James Love (guy in street clothes). James Love has logged around 100 minutes of game time in 3+ years at K-State. His suspension is meaningless.

Bottom line: if you are getting your ass kicked, get out of the gym as quick as you can. DeJuan Gordon made a huge mistake, but the reaction that followed was pretty ****ed up. Just disgraceful all the way around by both Programs
I have no problem with the block and even DeSousa standing over the KSU player. Yeah, it resulted in a technical but I like the attitude. It sens a message, don't do that in our house. And I don't necessarily mean to the other team, I mean to his own team. Frankly, I loved it. Of course, if the game was close I would not.

Everything else you said was correct.
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:14 AM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I have no problem with the block and even DeSousa standing over the KSU player. Yeah, it resulted in a technical but I like the attitude. It sens a message, don't do that in our house. And I don't necessarily mean to the other team, I mean to his own team. Frankly, I loved it. Of course, if the game was close I would not.

Everything else you said was correct.
The block was awesome, but no, you don't stand over a dude anymore. Talk all the shit you want. But running up to stand over a guy. Nope. That is NEVER going to end well at any level.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:15 AM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Kansas and their Universities :-)
What an embarrassment to the NCAA.
And here come the MUrons.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:15 AM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I don't gamble, so I could have it wrong, but CBS said KU was -14.5 and the game ended up 60-81. There might have been some 2nd half or over bets or something that might have been affected, but I'm probably not smart enough to dig those up.
Me either. It's more likely that they had to make the game "official" so people could get paid.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:15 AM 01-22-2020
Weber isn't going anywhere. He's won (shared 2 B12 Titles in 7 years). I don't care for him, but he's in solid shape at K-State. Plus, he's got a good class of FR coming in next year.
That's fair.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:17 AM 01-22-2020
The block was awesome, but no, you don't stand over a dude anymore. Talk all the shit you want. But running up to stand over a guy. Nope. That is NEVER going to end well at any level.
Agree to disagree, I guess. Normally, I wouldn't care for that but the KSU guard got what was coming. And an attitude like that is what this team needs.

Anyway, as for coaches, I think they both said the right things.

I couldn't help but think damn, Chiefs are going to SB and Jayhawks win big and then this happens. Why can't we have nice things?
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:18 AM 01-22-2020
Yeah, Weber definitely exceeded expectations and him and Bill don't seem to have that weird vibe anymore. Winning the Big 12 over KU and getting to an E8 should have taken the edge off for sure.
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:23 AM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Agree to disagree, I guess. Normally, I wouldn't care for that but the KSU guard got what was coming. And an attitude like that is what this team needs.

Anyway, as for coaches, I think they both said the right things.

I couldn't help but think damn, Chiefs are going to SB and Jayhawks win big and then this happens. Why can't we have nice things?
Sure, and if I'm being totally honest, I'm not all that bent about Gordon's steal either. Just as I didn't GAF about Brannen Greene dunking the ball at the end of the K-State game a couple years ago. That said, it's never ok to stand over a player in Basketball. The fire and attitude from De Sousa was all in the block. Running over to stand over a player is dumb and will damn near every time get you what you got last night.
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:38 AM 01-22-2020
Sure, and if I'm being totally honest, I'm not all that bent about Gordon's steal either. Just as I didn't GAF about Brannen Greene dunking the ball at the end of the K-State game a couple years ago. That said, it's never ok to stand over a player in Basketball. The fire and attitude from De Sousa was all in the block. Running over to stand over a player is dumb and will damn near every time get you what you got last night.
That's what I think. Stealing the ball is just playing to the whistle. Blocking the shot is too. But standing over a guy running your mouth is like showing up a pitcher, everyone knows that is low brow and you might get thrown at.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:56 AM 01-22-2020
Baloney.

Standing over a player is no excuse for the opposing bench to empty, including a guy not suited up for the game.

Note that no KU player reacted to the KSU bench clearing until a KSU player threw a punch.
[Reply]
Chazno 09:57 AM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
No one is talking about the whole K-State bench running up on him. I get that he shouldn't have stood over Gordon, but their bench bolted off bench and went right after him. Then some person in street clothes is in his face, and who knows if he recognized him as a K-State player.

People are piling on Silvio, but it's definitely not all on him. Weber called his players off, so we were dribbling out the clock. I hope Self keeps the starters in when we go to Manhattan, and have them attack the basket until it's all zeros on the clock. They can lose by 50 next time.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
Then you end up with starters getting injured on purpose. Let the reserves play those minutes.
[Reply]
Page 73 of 151
« First < 23636970717273 7475767783123 > Last »
Up