ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What Lever You Flippin??
Yes 16 14.16%
No 16 14.16%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote Yes 59 52.21%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote No 22 19.47%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll
Page 72 of 114
« First < 22626869707172 7374757682 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Stadium Watch 2024 -Jackson County Residents: How Are You Voting?
Pablo 08:28 AM 03-28-2024
Vote in this poll if you actually live in Jackson county.

We've all shared our opinions in the other thread. But who gives a shit what somebody in Platte County or Johnson County or Phoenix or NYC thinks. We're all just noise.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 04:04 PM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by jettio:
Do you want to bet some money on how this turns out?

That just sounds awful.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:05 PM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Still trying to remain hopeful, but this & the Rice ordeal leaves me in a bad way. Someone please fire up the SR/bat signal… I need help.
Meh. Given it's an open secret the NFL wants to expand to 40 relatively soon I sincerely doubt the Chiefs are going anywhere except maybe over the state line. Royals, different story. Unless Hunt and the Chiefs are for some reason adamant they're a package deal every county involved will be full court press on the Chiefs with the Royals on the back burner.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:06 PM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Well, the opposite could be said of those that always are for more gov't and taxes.

Personally, I am generally against more gov't and more taxes. That being said, sports teams kind of have us over a barrel. They can just get a better offer from somewhere else and move. 3/8 of a cent doesn't seem like much to me to guarantee our 2 professional sports teams remain in KC. Also, those sports teams actually provide tangible benefits in added revenue to the city as well as entertainment for the residents.

But I agree that the plan sounds like it was crap. I'm not sure I would have voted for it, either.
Yeah. It wasn't the money, at least not for anyone I know, and everyone I know was dead set against it.

It was a shit plan with no real parameters, lots of talk, but nothing on paper other than the footprint of the actual stadium. It was bonkers.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 04:07 PM 04-03-2024
Chiefs want to stay at Arrowhead, the are hosting the World Cup and will have to do a lot of work to increase size of field for soccer and they want to do it in a way that replaces the seats for football. And I think the idea is to do it in a way that they could always remove the seats for important soccer events.

Chiefs will only move if shit goes really backwards and it will not be great for fans to learn what it is like to have to buy a PSL to be able to buy season tickets.

You do not appreciate what Arrowhead means to the Hunts, the players and the fans.

To recommend the Chiefs to act like crybaby ass bitches and piss away tenancy or possible ownership of Arrowhead has to be some completely thoughtless shit.

Chiefs move should be deal with the County and start talking about taking over ownership if the Jackson County Legislature and Executive are not going to fully back pitch in on renovations to extend lease.

You posted some stuff I have disagreed with, but nothing as thoughtless as just plain give on Arrowhead right ****ing now over some poorly presented ballot question. I voted yes for the stupid ass thing, but it is very easy to figure out why people voted no.

Chiefs just sell the idea of a ballot question were voters understand the only option for Chiefs to play at Arrowhead after current lease is sell the place to the team or public pitch in on renovations if Chiefs extend lease and county keeps ownership.

I do not know how you expect the Chiefs to give up on Arrowhead that easy. Are you sure you are not a Raiders fan?
I absolutely appreciate Arrowhead as a STM and hope they don't move. However, I am also keen enough to realize they knew this would fail, giving them tremendous leverage moving forward. They will now be courted without public backlash from 2-3 other entities and Jackson county may end up with a larger commitment than before to the Chiefs if they stay. If Clark wants to stay at Arrowhead, the divorce from the Royals will allow him to do more. If not, we will have a new stadium, most likely in Kansas, and this isn't my choice.
[Reply]
jettio 04:07 PM 04-03-2024
I say that Chiefs kick off 2032 season with a new sales tax helping pay for the renovations that incentivized them extending lease with Jackson County or Jackson County gives up ownership of all or part of Truman Sports Complex to the Chiefs or to Kansas City, Missouri, and there is a lease with Kansas City and a new tax in Kansas City that applies everywhere in Kansas City, Missouri, no matter what county.
[Reply]
Pablo 04:13 PM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Yeah. It wasn't the money, at least not for anyone I know, and everyone I know was dead set against it.

It was a shit plan with no real parameters, lots of talk, but nothing on paper other than the footprint of the actual stadium. It was bonkers.
There are plenty of KC tenant types out there that fed into that side of things.

It was just so hamfisted and smug with a real 'give us your $ dummies' vibe
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 04:14 PM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
The fans, myself included, love Arrowhead. But I think it’s well within reason that Hunt is indifferent about it at this point for various reasons.

At this point, for Hunt it’s basically like Love It or List It from HGTV. He’s got a list of things he absolutely needs to stay at Arrowhead and a list of things he really wants but can likely only get with a new location. At some point, no matter how much you love your old house, there are going to be issues or things you desire that the old house just can’t deliver so you move on.
that's actually a really good analogy...
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 04:38 PM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by kstater:
What is the Chiefs motivation there? They're being courted now. The honus is on Jackson county/Missouri/KCMO.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
Honus Wagner?
[Reply]
kstater 04:41 PM 04-03-2024
Where do you get that from?

The team has said that soccer matches in Club World Cup or international friendlies will be played in 2025 on the FIFA configuration and that almost all of the removed seats will be back in for any Chiefs games and will be taken out for 2026 World Cup matches and put back in for chiefs 2026 games.

I think the idea is make a partial grandstand that can be used for football and taken out for soccer.
I'm just taking a wild stab at it : shrug:

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Kiimo 05:21 PM 04-03-2024
Please change thread title to Stadium Watch 2024 -Jackson County Residents: Nice Meltdown, Red Dawg
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 05:29 PM 04-03-2024
Chiefs want to stay at Arrowhead, the are hosting the World Cup and will have to do a lot of work to increase size of field for soccer and they want to do it in a way that replaces the seats for football. And I think the idea is to do it in a way that they could always remove the seats for important soccer events.

Chiefs will only move if shit goes really backwards and it will not be great for fans to learn what it is like to have to buy a PSL to be able to buy season tickets.

You do not appreciate what Arrowhead means to the Hunts, the players and the fans.

To recommend the Chiefs to act like crybaby ass bitches and piss away tenancy or possible ownership of Arrowhead has to be some completely thoughtless shit.

Chiefs move should be deal with the County and start talking about taking over ownership if the Jackson County Legislature and Executive are not going to fully back pitch in on renovations to extend lease.

You posted some stuff I have disagreed with, but nothing as thoughtless as just plain give on Arrowhead right fucking now over some poorly presented ballot question. I voted yes for the stupid ass thing, but it is very easy to figure out why people voted no.

Chiefs just sell the idea of a ballot question were voters understand the only option for Chiefs to play at Arrowhead after current lease is sell the place to the team or public pitch in on renovations if Chiefs extend lease and county keeps ownership.

I do not know how you expect the Chiefs to give up on Arrowhead that easy. Are you sure you are not a Raiders fan?
With the improvement plan put forth by the Chiefs, the age of the stadium, and not being able to host a super bowl (which seems like a goal for the Hunt family imo), what makes you say that the Chiefs want to stay at Arrowhead? Nostalgia?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 05:36 PM 04-03-2024
Without reading through this thread, what has officially happened?
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:38 PM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:

[Reply]
Mr. Plow 05:39 PM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Chiefs moving to Texas. Royals to Nashville.

Or Jackson county said they wouldn't fund the plans put forth by both teams leaving but teams able to negotiate with other areas/cities.
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:41 PM 04-03-2024
The vote got slammed down like 65/35 (or something) that would have built a new stadium downtown for the Royals, renovated Arrowhead, extended the Royals lease by 40 years, and extended the Chiefs lease by 25 (with 3 five year options to extend to 40 max).

So, they either all come back in a year or two with a better plan together or figure it out on their own... but they're both in KC for the next 7 years minimum while they figure it out.
[Reply]
Page 72 of 114
« First < 22626869707172 7374757682 > Last »
Up