ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 72 of 99
« First < 22626869707172 7374757682 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Mahomes Injury
58-4ever 07:13 PM 10-17-2019
This doesn't look good. All updates here.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:51 AM 10-22-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Ok, then again, if a high ankle sprain plus a dislocated knee will take a long time to get to 100%, you better go ahead and sit him for the rest of the year and come back next year.

Sit him til after the bye and he comes back 100 percent but the Chiefs are 5-5, you've got issues.
Sit him the rest of the year from an ankle sprain and dislocated patella that has zero ligament or nerve damage?

Am I reading that right?
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:51 AM 10-22-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Good grief, we aren't talking about a stinger. We are talking about an ankle sprain that has literally impacted games when he's hit the wrong way. Second half mahomes we saw vs Houston and indy isn't beating new England in the playoffs. You can't tell me a few weeks off doesn't dramatically reduce likelihood of that.

And when we're talking long term injury, we're talking about the known fact that this specific kneecap injury has a risk of dislocating again. Yes, we are accepting that risk, but its common sense that injuries this major will always benefit from time and rehab. Mahomes will more than accept that risk. That doesn't mean we should let him. Our risk tolerance is based on how badly we want to win the next few games. Sorry, but my risk tolerance is incredibly low when it comes to a franchise qb we've waited decades to get.
What do some of you not understand about no other damage when they describe Mahomes knee cap dislocation. Basically, it's a slight sprain of those ligaments with some swelling. When he's ready he will play. It sounds like that will be sooner rather than later and at no real risk it appears if you listen to the med folks.
[Reply]
O.city 09:53 AM 10-22-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Sit him the rest of the year from an ankle sprain and dislocated patella that has zero ligament or nerve damage?

Am I reading that right?
I don't want him to. But some seem to want to wrap him in bubble wrap and not put him back out there until he's 100 percent healthy .
[Reply]
O.city 09:55 AM 10-22-2019
If it's such a risk of reinjury, do you guys really think the Chiefs would run him back out there? How dumb do you think they are?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:58 AM 10-22-2019
He looked fine playing on an "unhealed" ankle in the first half against the Texans and Colts.

Guys get hurt and play thru shit. If we're gonna not play guys that aren't 100 percent, no one will be playing after week 4.
Mahomes is tough as they come. For several games straight he was barely able to play through shit. That tells you a lot about his injury. It's not a stinger. It's the same injury over and over. I don't care if he plays OK with a million pounds of tape around it, if he's only going to re-aggravate it every game. It begins to matter when the most important player on the field can't use his legs and starts throwing passes into the ground.

It's obvious that this injury is due to the same ankle not being 100%. Nobody is saying hold him out a year. Are yiu really telling me that a few weeks won't improve his ankle health and mobility?
[Reply]
underEJ 10:00 AM 10-22-2019
Also, does anybody really think that mahomes playing 9 more games on an unhealed ankle then getting a bye week is going to heal nearly as well as getting it right now and letting him play the rest of the season on a healthier ankle? I sure don't
So far, this man has done absolutely everything right. Even in crazy pain on the field, he stayed on top of Reiter, kept his leg straight and waited for help. He got all the right information, and he's doing all the right work to feel good on it. If he feels good, he plays. He's earned that.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:01 AM 10-22-2019
I don't want him to. But some seem to want to wrap him in bubble wrap and not put him back out there until he's 100 percent healthy .
Nobody is saying 100%. Otherwise people would be screaming for immediate surgery. I don't know anyone who's saying that. At most people are saying up to the bye week and most are saying take the safest timeline burkholder has available which is 3 or 4 weeks.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:05 AM 10-22-2019
Originally Posted by underEJ:
So far, this man has done absolutely everything right. Even in crazy pain on the field, he stayed on top of Reiter, kept his leg straight and waited for help. He got all the right information, and he's doing all the right work to feel good on it. If he feels good, he plays. He's earned that.
He's also said he feels good on the ankle and it re-aggravated to the point of badly hurting his performance for 3 straight weeks. I admire the hell out of his toughness. The guy would go out there with a broken neck if it was his choice. That doesn't mean we should let him.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:10 AM 10-22-2019
The Chiefs will of course be careful/deliberate with Mahomes' recovery/return to play process, but the idea that Mahomes must be held out long term to avoid further injury to the knee is incorrect.

With no bone break or ligament damage, it is just a matter of recovering from the natural trauma of the joint dislocation (and relocation)... i.e. bruising, swelling, pain, etc.

I do think the Chiefs should be extra-cautious in bringing Mahomes back if it ends being the Chargers game in Mexico City as his first potential game back (questionable field conditions, extremely high altitude for a player who has not played in a month, etc.), but otherwise he should be good to go with minimal risk for re-injury.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:12 AM 10-22-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Titans
Broncos
Raiders
Chargers x2
Shitcago

11-5

at.

worst.
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Have to be 12-4 if we want the 2 seed. Hard to see the Colts or Texans finishing with more than 5 losses
We are not getting the 2 seed. Too many tie breakers go against us. the #2 seed was gone the moment Mahomes kneecap went sideways. Doesn't mean the season of dreaming of a Super Bowl is gone, just a little harder path now.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:14 AM 10-22-2019
If it's such a risk of reinjury, do you guys really think the Chiefs would run him back out there? How dumb do you think they are?
Do I think trainers send players back onto the field knowing there's risk? Of course they do. You have to get them back on the field eventually. It's not a question of what our training staff thinks. It's a question of how much risk mahomes, Reid, and hunt are willing to accept. I'm sure he will be given an aggressive and a cautious timeline. We know mahomes wants aggressive. If I'm Clark and Reid, I wouldn't be so quick to jump on that
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:34 AM 10-22-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
We are not getting the 2 seed. Too many tie breakers go against us. the #2 seed was gone the moment Mahomes kneecap went sideways. Doesn't mean the season of dreaming of a Super Bowl is gone, just a little harder path now.
you actin' like a little bitch right now
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 10:38 AM 10-22-2019
Texans and Colts are in the same division whilst the Bills are in the same division as the Pats. We have a win against the Ravens therefore the only tie-breaker we have to be aware of is the Colts or Texans. Colts still have the Saints, Bucks, Texans, Panthers, Donks and Steelers to play as well as the Titans. Would anyone be surprised to see three or four loses In there? I certainly wouldn't.

Meanwhile the Texans have the Colts again, Pats, Ravens, Titans twice, Donks, Bucks and Jaggs who always give them problems. They will lose games too. We just have to hope we can steal a game or two whilst Pat is out and then we'll be able to know what is needed.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:38 AM 10-22-2019
The only teams that can beat mahomes on a healthy ankle are the Pats and the Chiefs. And we can beat the Pats.
[Reply]
treeguy27 10:39 AM 10-22-2019
Also, does anybody really think that mahomes playing 9 more games on an unhealed ankle then getting a bye week is going to heal nearly as well as getting it right now and letting him play the rest of the season on a healthier ankle? I sure don't
As far as we know the last time his ankle got tweaked was in the Texans game. Even if he comes back and plays against the Vikings that's three weeks for the ankle to get better. If three weeks doesn't get it right, it probably won't be 100% all year.
[Reply]
Page 72 of 99
« First < 22626869707172 7374757682 > Last »
Up